Able to remove your own topics/comments

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 01:56 AM

I believe being able to delete my own posts, and topics would be worth while. Such as if I make a market post that is no longer valid, why should it still be there? Or I change my mind greatly and don't need my reply to a post anymore I'd like to be able to remove my thinking. Some posts become regrets and un-needed for the community. The ability to remove our own posts would be a great thing. Rather than editing. Would anyone else like to see this? Thanks for reading!
~Eats

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:16 AM

Think it's good to have a record of what has been said, as well as removing replies will also mess up some threads in terms of reading continuity (if you've seen the posts hades and samson reduced to "." or " " it's more difficult to figure out what the debate was, or what was going on. Live with what you've said (and I've said a lot of stupid stuff).

Market wise, it gives a record, and sometimes helps to pin down prices.

#3 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

It's not a terrible thing to see what people were thinking at the time of the post as like a snapshot in time. Sure there will be times you change your mind or your opinion about something has changed due to whatever reason, but I guess in those cases you can edit in just stating your original post is no longer your belief/opinion.

Similar to butler's sentiment, people live with their actions. Learn from regrets/mistakes; helps ensure it won't happen again.

There's more viability for deletion with market threads, especially if someone PMs in game about your thread and it gets resolved without anyone posting, but I don't post there so I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

At a minimum I'll say if it's your thread and no one has posted there, you should have the option to delete it.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2805 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

The history can be helpful & this is a commercial board so hacking it breaks being able to update as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users