• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:29 PM

Just throwing it out there:

What if one gives bosses BRs, GHPs, SRs, HE and have them actually use them to heal. At the same time lower their total HPs such that the total damage to be made stays the same. For instance, a boss currently having 1k HPs could have 300 HPs, but 20-30 BRs to heal. The advantage (besides being more consistent with what players do) would be that it allows for the option to try to kill it fast by a large team.

If you have 8 players on, each doing 20 damage per round, the 300 HP-boss will be dead in no time, however, single players will have to do all damage if it has sufficient time to heal. I think that this would encourage team play. Heck you could even make them very unprofitable to kill by single players if you give them just enough to heal. A potential problem I see is that we can some additional influx of healing pots if it gets killed because it can't heal fast enough, but I think it is not to much to influence the economy substantially.

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

I think this might be a better idea for bosses like mother goose who get really stale, boring and annoying half way through the fight because it's a long slog with no point. This would be a nicer addition to it. For bosses sub 1k hp, I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Also if learner hasn't thought about adding magic heals to mobs in magic update (when ever it appears), the pitchforks.

i think to an extent and on some bosses this would be good. I'd also like to see some bosses summon mobs at stages. A lot of the big hp bosses can be quite shit.

#3 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

Make some of the Bosses more like Lenny? :-)

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

Take elements we have atm, lenny and instance boss parts, and play with those to make them more interesting. Some of the bosses are only interesting when they are first introduced (mother goose, enola gay, giganta) and then just fall down to not worth doing and a pain or slog that aren't fun or interesting. Please. Heals could be done interestingly to make some of these bosses stay relatively the same but less just hitting a box for 20 minutes without anything keeping you engaged.

#5 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

Yeah make them summon rpfs also, and drop 5kgcs. LOL

Don't even touch hard bosses before making revisions on their drops. They don't even worth killing most of the times.

Average gc drop of last 4 Cyce's I killed was 1kgcs, and I used shitloads of EMP/GHP to tank it.

Anything above Udar is fucked up tbh except Chucky. But now that I said "Chucky", L will decrease its drops.

Because it's how it is.

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

Boss drops need fixed as well. But anything like this topic needs drops fixed (anything that takes mirrors, ghp and emps generally just pays out 1k or 2k max). We have boring bosses who do not drop enough gc to make them nearly worth while (you probably burn more gc in a singular resource on most of these bosses). Also fuck rpf's, they sound like something not even worth trying.

#7 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

View PostKaddy, on 11 June 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Don't even touch hard bosses before making revisions on their drops. They don't even worth killing most of the times.

Average gc drop of last 4 Cyce's I killed was 1kgcs, and I used shitloads of EMP/GHP to tank it.

Anything above Udar is fucked up tbh except Chucky. But now that I said "Chucky", L will decrease its drops.

Because it's how it is.

The main point of this thread is that with a large team you would not need emp/ghps because it would be dead in 10 s.

#8 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:18 PM

View PostBlakKat, on 11 June 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

View PostKaddy, on 11 June 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Because it's how it is.

The main point of this thread is that with a large team you would not need emp/ghps because it would be dead in 10 s.

Learner would never allow that to happen BK lol. But the idea behind this post sounds similar to the Brickers and Castellans in Eternal Lands, they have large HP though, and are able to heal. Check out the EL wiki page over them, they have 32k HP, are able to summon bears/giants, etc... PLUS heal on top of that. So in total they have something like 72k HP but at least they pay for the resources used...

#9 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 11 June 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

<snip>

Learner would never allow that to happen BK lol.
<snip>

he's talked about healing mobs before...

<snip>

It won't be dead in 10s, that's a bit extreme, also most high end bosses require emp/ghp (possessed cyc boss in SC, in NC PK Cave, dropped <1kgc. It required me and sir dan with mirrors, ghp+emp, and people healing us...) I kind of agree with both Kaddy and BK (BK more to an extent, it'd make it more interesting), but again, what's the point if it's an overtly expensive boss to kill with a drop that you could get with 10-20 regular mobs). Something is obviously wrong with the drops calculation. Bosses aren't worth the time or money to deal with, and have no risk/reward.

Bosses should have a reasonable outpay, to cover costs and give at least a little profit, then it would be wonderful to make balanced and interesting bosses rather than some of the incredibly dull ones that are just extended fights for no good reason.

#10 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:19 AM

View Postbutler, on 12 June 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 11 June 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

<snip>

Learner would never allow that to happen BK lol.
<snip>

he's talked about healing mobs before...

<snip>

It won't be dead in 10s, that's a bit extreme, also most high end bosses require emp/ghp (possessed cyc boss in SC, in NC PK Cave, dropped <1kgc. It required me and sir dan with mirrors, ghp+emp, and people healing us...) I kind of agree with both Kaddy and BK (BK more to an extent, it'd make it more interesting), but again, what's the point if it's an overtly expensive boss to kill with a drop that you could get with 10-20 regular mobs). Something is obviously wrong with the drops calculation. Bosses aren't worth the time or money to deal with, and have no risk/reward.

Bosses should have a reasonable outpay, to cover costs and give at least a little profit, then it would be wonderful to make balanced and interesting bosses rather than some of the incredibly dull ones that are just extended fights for no good reason.
I was saying allowing a boss to die in 10s :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: serping, body restoration, bosses, boss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users