#1 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

I don't know how i got it, but i got -1 mana

that's not supposed to happen, however, the number/mana bar that is above your head went slightly mad and produced this.
Just in case anyone wants to investigate this

Posted Image

#2 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:58 AM

why is that even a thing to have a possible 4 billion mana?

#3 Mixi

Mixi

Newbie Forever

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

has to do with representation of numbers in OL, it is actually -1 (signed integer) but displayed as 4294967295 = 2^32 -1 (unsigned 32 bit integer)

#4 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

You can generally make it happen if you cast a spell like life, mana drain or even remote heal successfully but don't apply it to someone or something....then if someone or a bear mana drains your mana and then you apply your previously cast spell on something you suddenly get this weird number on the mana bar.

#5 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

View PostSAWolf, on 23 June 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

You can generally make it happen if you cast a spell like life, mana drain or even remote heal successfully but don't apply it to someone or something....then if someone or a bear mana drains your mana and then you apply your previously cast spell on something you suddenly get this weird number on the mana bar.

Was MD training so that would explain that.
sounds like a fixable thing since it's a display error (and since it displays correctly in one part of the HUD already)

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2756 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

View Postbutler, on 23 June 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostSAWolf, on 23 June 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Was MD training so that would explain that.
sounds like a fixable thing since it's a display error (and since it displays correctly in one part of the HUD already)
It's cause by changes that were made to prepare for the NewMagic while still running Old Magic combined with the protocol & timing & client. It's bypassing additions that have been made to help prevent things like this from happening.

#7 mkiever

mkiever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Same in EL. And I still would consider it a bug, because you can cast a spell for which you don't have the mana.
Haven't checked the details in OL, though.

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:42 PM

View Postmkiever, on 02 July 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

Same in EL. And I still would consider it a bug, because you can cast a spell for which you don't have the mana.
Haven't checked the details in OL, though.

No, you can't cast whilst in that state (required mana, as you would be at 1 or 2 mana).

Display rather than server bug (so probably client based considering mixi and L's response), client is opensource, so if someone wants to fix it they should be able to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users