• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:52 AM

Heya,

Now that DL maps are going into the game, we see that joker has been found much less. Also with the amount of low level gifts that joker has, it's kinda pointless to hunt it.

So I think that joker gift pool should be revised and also ANNOUNCED to public. When it is found, it should worth finding. What do you say?

-Kaddy

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:39 AM

Why?

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:40 AM

Might be good to add other clues.

Jokers clues are still based on the EL ones afaik, and that was for set spawns, opposed to completely random + the greater number of oddly shaped maps in alroth.

Alroths maps (ignoring insides) are also generally smaller than seridia.

Just an idea to help with the actual finding mechanic rather than just pump his drops up as a solution.

#4 mugen

mugen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

I think his clues, could be revised but I'm not too sure how much detail he can go into with his clues,

For Example - "I'm outside, near water"

Or such, this would make searching less of a hassle and maybe more enjoyable also?

#5 Mixi

Mixi

Newbie Forever

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

It would be helpful to get hints if he is in Seridia or Alroth, with both areas there is a lot of ground to cover.
I also would like to see TM excluded, it is an incredible pain to check, or it could get mentioned if he IS in there, like with WS.
The distinction between inside and underground is also not clear, seems more like an 'outside' vs. 'not outside'.
To get 5 'I am inside' hints is repetitive and annoying. Anyone who wants to hunt can view previous messages online, so need to repeat himself :P
With respect to the gifts, with slightly better hints, I don't think we need better prizes.

Limiting Joker to just DL might force some people to finally explore the new areas ;)

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostMixi, on 09 July 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

<snip>
The distinction between inside and underground is also not clear, seems more like an 'outside' vs. 'not outside'.
<snip>

If I recall correctly, that's because the server makes no distinction between inside and underground, as they are often the same map files (look at IP/PL insides, etc.). Not sure how this is the case with DL (I've not had a proper look into those insides yet), but will be a similiar issue. There is no way for us to distinguish this unless we add fields for the area in the .def if L makes a system to utilise it (this is the only simple way I can think of for doing so).

L will savagely correct me if wrong.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

Not savagely, I have set it up so the server can be told if a map is inside vs underground. Yes, the are maps in Seridia where it's mixed up and I simply used by best guess.

The issue with those maps is there aren't other reasonable clues that can be given that don't give away where they are too easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users