To answer a question that might come up, yes we could switch later this year, but have to watch the timing more carefully based on Holidays and player counts rising. The current Game server is coming up for renewal this month and I'll be able to pay for either 1 month or 3 months as needed. If we are doing the switch we pay for only one month of that server and instead pay for 3 months on the new server. The Maps/Docs server has less impact on other people so when it gets switched is more about convenience or cost savings rather then timing.
In the mean time, work on Perks continues (and even would continue during the swap while waiting for everything to transfer).
P.S. if we upgrade, the new server will be at the same location or a building next to the current server and minimal downtime.
UPDATE: The cost to switch to the new server has been covered by a donation. Steps will proceed for the switch!