•  

POLL: Next step on BossDrops ready for Main?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Are the drop changes acceptable as an improvement with more to come later? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Are the BossDrops & Special InvaDrops an improvement without going too far?

1. Yes, they look better without being as strong as they should be in the long run (9 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No, they are either weaker or actually good enough or better then expected! (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote

#21 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:15 AM

With the server change I've been making every effort to have Test & Stage be more complete including http://test.other-li...blic/server.php
working. But getting the graphs to work with Test data isn't worth the effort at this time.

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

Just a quick reminder that people need to take some time to check ou things on test related to these drops and add their opinion here.We have been keeping invasions running there with bosses to help with the testing.

#23 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

I'm going to say yes, on the back of Sims research, and on the face of the Giganta drops I was getting and seeing between the two servers, along with info from convos with you.

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Still would be good to hear any additional feedback ... see also http://www.other-lif...sts/#entry19067 which means if this poll continues this strong, I may bring the new server up with these settings!

If you have Questions, feel free to ask. It's detailed statistics I don't want handed out since there are still more updates/upgrades to this to follow. A upgrade that is already planned has to do with account for mob SpeciaAttacks, Special Items (like BP or Mirror), and Elemental Weapons, all of which should raise the CL more.

#25 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:17 AM

Will you also make revisions in some of the bosses' stats? Because more weapon/armor/item means hard bosses will be much harder and that will push people avoid killing them - this is what happens in Cyce bosses right now.

#26 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostKaddy, on 04 August 2017 - 06:17 AM, said:

Will you also make revisions in some of the bosses' stats? Because more weapon/armor/item means hard bosses will be much harder and that will push people avoid killing them - this is what happens in Cyce bosses right now.
Some of the changes to the BossDrops also tries to lower the chances that they will get armor/weapons. This has been done to help reduce how often you get mobs with two or three weapons. More to be done along these lines in future updates. Also, when they do, that also means their CL will be higher to reflect that.

Pop into GP on Test where both Cyce & Udar have been invaded if you want to look at how those drops have changed. I do poke my head in at time to see when a Boss needs respawning.

The focus right now is trying to work on the SpecialInvasiondrops & BossDrops as well as improving CL calculation. I'm not trying to include other changes like trying to touch the Bosses themselves with these updates or tests.

#27 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

I have killed Udar + horde and cyce horde this week. Drops seemed a little better, containing alot of raw/semi-raw goods like polished gems etc.

I don't really know how it will affect game play or economy tho. And i really don't think you know either.

Your focus after this project should be making a way to enpower your ingame currency since gc is worthless in OL now.

#28 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostKaddy, on 04 August 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

I have killed Udar + horde and cyce horde this week. Drops seemed a little better, containing alot of raw/semi-raw goods like polished gems etc.

I don't really know how it will affect game play or economy tho. And i really don't think you know either.

Your focus after this project should be making a way to enpower your ingame currency since gc is worthless in OL now.
Since this is one step of many, do you feel this is a step in the right direction? After all, trying to adjust a game to affect the player economy is always tricky and sensitive to unexpected side-efects.

#29 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

That's what radu said.

#30 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:40 PM

The NewServer that is being tested currently has these CL, InvaDrops & BossDrops changes installed.

#31 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

As for the topic of this post i think it is in the right direction. CL based drops allow IM's to make Bosses/Creatures with drops proportional to their strength, rather than being handcuffed to just add 20k health and sit there for 30 minutes hitting it.

What to do about things like the economy to "give value" to gc, it would be best to look at prior research in game development, such as to add GC sinks that people are interested in sinking gc into. Making using of a high class item consume gc, or having a npc to "boost" items temporarily for gc would be examples of that. Could look into that being related to the other recent post, http://www.other-lif...s-damage-types/ things like these could be gc boosts to items.

Until such discussion is done on ways we can do that, I think the next phase after this though should be perks.

#32 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

New CL math, CL Invasiondrops & CL BossDrop drops is live on the New server.

More changes to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users