Game Server Refresh
Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:45 AM
Notes about the new server:
* In the same general location as the old Game Server (but a different building)
* newer machine, less chance for h/w failures
* Approximately 10% faster, but won't be noticeable under normal load
* Extra capacity will allow even more WebAccess & eMail features to be added without risk to game speed
* newer version of the OS & tools, matching exactly what we have on Dev/Forums
* extra costs to have the new server to setup while we have the old one were covered by a player donation
* the new calc for CL & adjustments to CL Drops is included in this upgrade
Notes about the change over:
* Expected downtime is 1/2 hour or less
* Players need to do nothing
* The welcoming message will be changed for a while to identify you are on the new box
* For your WebAccess Login to work, youo do need to log into the NewServer first
The testing of the new server has finished, and the countdown to the change has started!
Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:07 AM
Expect to see same speed on gameplay changes aswell.
Keep up the good work, welldone L.
Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:10 AM
It's up now, doing final checks. Please post if you see anything unexpected!!
Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:48 AM
* PlayersOnline page having problems (work around in place)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users