7 replies to this topic

#1 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth of Québec

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

Why we don't have bonus based on or lvl of each skills ? This could be nice as a reward of time working on our skills.

Exemple: you get a bonus every 10lvl of each skills

Attack : +5% dmg
Defense : +3% Def / +2% Armor
Harvesting : +3% Increase harvesting speed / +2% Increase chance to find stone
Alchemy : +5% increase rare when making
Magic : +5% Speel dmg / +5%  Spell healing / +5% on spell duration
Potion : +5% to double the mixed ingre (exemple 2 br with 1 br ingre)
Summoning : +5% Mana Refound
Manufacturing : +5% not lose ingrediants
Crafting : +5% to make item and not used food
Ranging : +2% Accuracy / +2% Perception / +1% not lose arraw
Overall : +5% Movement Speed

Let me know what you guys think about that Posted Image

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

Keep in mind that there are already bonuses from the skills. A/D already affect your combat for example, similarly your ranging levels greatly affects your ranging. Harvesting you harvest faster the higher you are above an itm until you hit a max, Magic is planned that more spell will be affected by levels. All the mixing skills your chance to fail goes down the higher you are for that item (have to check to see if speed is affected or not)

Don't forget that adding bonuses to A/D for example would also benefit the monsters as well!

#3 Ashitaka

Ashitaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNorth of Québec

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

View PostLearner, on 03 October 2017 - 10:26 PM, said:

Keep in mind that there are already bonuses from the skills. A/D already affect your combat for example, similarly your ranging levels greatly affects your ranging. Harvesting you harvest faster the higher you are above an itm until you hit a max, Magic is planned that more spell will be affected by levels. All the mixing skills your chance to fail goes down the higher you are for that item (have to check to see if speed is affected or not)

Don't forget that adding bonuses to A/D for example would also benefit the monsters as well!
Can you post what are the bonus we have more specificly ?

#4 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

High level mixers already have quite an edge over lower level mixers due to the number of crits when mixing, giving us even more advantage through bonuses will make it even harder for them to compete in what little market there is.

Bat17

#5 ZeN

ZeN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

It would be nice too have a perk system back,ie: every 10 lvs as Ashitaka says,you could choose a perk and it would add a % too that perk,then it would only max out at lvl 100 overall.

But! you dont have too place all in to one perk,you could combine perks that may work together in some fashion.

Again,just random thoughts on already suggested ideas.

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

I did mention in (i believe) in the status effects and damage type threads that possibly making an active ability attached to levels might make things a bit more interesting rather than passive straight buffs.

View PostAshitaka, on 04 October 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

Keep in mind that there are already bonuses from the skills. A/D already affect your combat for example,
<snip>
Yeah, i think with adding these straight buffs at level intervals, you are effectively just saying, lets add the effects of another level or a fraction of a level for discernible reason. It would also mean that at these intervals you'll have a sudden jump in power disparity between say, a level 39 a level 40 and a 41 because of the buff.

If you were to do something like this, i'd say it'd have to be something more interesting rather than just a straight stat buff (they never really excite).

Say you make it into a trait system. At every 20 levels or something, you get given a choice of 3 traits for that skill. For example, for defense, you could have "after a successful dodge/block where 0 damage is taken or <x%, you will cause damage to the mob every time you block damage/dodge damage in y time by counter attacking". Not saying that specific thing should be added, but that line of things, so that it isn't just a really dull +5 whatever skill.

If you guys have ever played any other MMOs or RPG, or looter type games, you know that just a plain stat upgrade is nowhere near as fun as something that's more peculiar.

I also suggest these traits as a little extra complexity we could bring to the character building on top of perks and xattris.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:55 AM

View Postbutler, on 04 November 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

I did mention in (i believe) in the status effects and damage type threads that possibly making an active ability attached to levels might make things a bit more interesting rather than passive straight buffs.

View PostAshitaka, on 04 October 2017 - 07:42 AM, said:

Keep in mind that there are already bonuses from the skills. A/D already affect your combat for example,
<snip>
Yeah, i think with adding these straight buffs at level intervals, you are effectively just saying, lets add the effects of another level or a fraction of a level for discernible reason. It would also mean that at these intervals you'll have a sudden jump in power disparity between say, a level 39 a level 40 and a 41 because of the buff.

If you were to do something like this, i'd say it'd have to be something more interesting rather than just a straight stat buff (they never really excite).

Say you make it into a trait system. At every 20 levels or something, you get given a choice of 3 traits for that skill. For example, for defense, you could have "after a successful dodge/block where 0 damage is taken or <x%, you will cause damage to the mob every time you block damage/dodge damage in y time by counter attacking". Not saying that specific thing should be added, but that line of things, so that it isn't just a really dull +5 whatever skill.

If you guys have ever played any other MMOs or RPG, or looter type games, you know that just a plain stat upgrade is nowhere near as fun as something that's more peculiar.

I also suggest these traits as a little extra complexity we could bring to the character building on top of perks and xattris.
Then there is no need to have any perks at all, since that's what these are.

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1196 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Well, as far as i was seeing, perks are all passive effects, i was suggesting something that was far more specific tiny advantage in specific circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users