Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Updated so far..

Demi-Bosses

- Demi-Bosses that wander through the map they are spawned on
- All Demi-Bosses must be killed in order for a chance to trigger the World Boss
- There will be one demi-boss per map.
- Demi-Bosses are non-aggressive
- Demi-Bosses can spawn in almost any map (except IP or beginners Island when created)
- Limited to Alroth. Will not Spawn on Seridia.

World Boss

- Chance to trigger by killing all demi-bosses
- Must be hard enough to need a decent team or a lot of players to kill. I'm even considering to ask it to be made OP on purpose
- Spawns on a random map (except for pre-defined maps that no demi-boss or world boss can spawn on)
- Aggressive
- Obviously a team is needed to kill
- Limited to Alroth. Will not Spawn on Seridia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Needs to be discussed

Demi-Bosses

- Will Demi-Bosses HP regen?
- Demi-Boss HP?
- Official Demi-Bosses name? (so far Rogue, Guardian, Alrothian Guardian as suggested names)
- Possible special talents/buffs? (spells, 'enraged mode', summons, immunities, special damages (elemental, poison, paralysis etc))
- How many are to be spawned to kill? 10 maps? 15 maps? 20 maps?
- Can steal death bags?
- What kind of drops should they have?
- Cooldown period?

World Boss

- World Boss HP?
- Will World Boss HP regen?
- World Boss drop MUST be good?
- Possible special talents/buffs/abilities? (spells, 'enraged mode', summons, immunities, special damages (elemental, poison, paralysis etc))
- World Boss can be OP on purpose?
- World Boss once triggered, does not despawn until killed or server restart?
- Possible Models or ideas for some?
- Multiple different World Bosses with a chance for a random one to be spawned if triggered?
- Cooldown period?

For Both

- Rare Possessed version?
- Can unicorn kill if it comes across them if spawned in WS? (In future when WS isn't a map anymore this won't be an issue but other maps might be if Unicorns are implemented in those)

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

32K is the max health the protocol & client can handle.

#3 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostLearner, on 04 October 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

why?

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

View PostCoduX, on 04 October 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 04 October 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

why?
2^15-1, 16 bit signed integer

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:39 AM

alright then ill fix it up

#6 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

Im super keen on this idea.  Ive been thinking of bringing up the topic for a long time, too.  

Im aware of some really nice features of OL's invasion & spawn system that would make this sort've "world boss" a possibility and I would like to see it become a reality.  I envision this world boss being not only extremely difficult to take down (requiring a coordinated team of players) but also difficult to trigger, so that it can't be so easily 'farmed' for loot.  

I've got some ideas floating around as to what conditions could be met in order to trigger a world boss.  Perhaps players have to kill several creatures scattered throughout the lands (and perhaps within a specified time period?) in order for the 'final boss' to be summoned.  We could coincide this idea with a global quest of some sort, too.

That being said, I am also in favour of a less intricate system which we are more familiar with.  This could be a spawn system similar to our current TD cyclops boss (and test server feros boss Posted Image )  with a long interval (time in between boss appearances) and a small % chance to actually trigger the spawn.  Im sure with L's <3 for RNG we could make the boss spawn on a random location (or random map) too if desired!

#7 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:21 PM

The creatures we have to kill, are 'Rogues', which are extremely tough, and also steal your bags if you die to them! ones that have random offensive AOE spells if they get down below 25% HP, could be any offensive spell, and one rogue for each map in OL, if all are killed within a time limit like duece said, theres a % chance to spawn the world boss

> but honestly i agree with all of the ideas mentioned enough

WL out

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

I do think that for the sake of lower level players there must be maps that stuff like this can't appear on. While any map sounds great at first glance, it can be bad for many players who aren't trying to do a fighter build and then anything like this pops up.

#9 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

I absolutely love this idea!!!  super fun :-)

#10 ZeN

ZeN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

heya guys,
yeah looks like a positive idea for some good team relations etc,
Id like too ask if it could be on a None pk map so at least theres no difficult players just out too ruin gamers fun.??

#11 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

could it just be non aggressive? We dont need a Lenny type creature, but the big Deer in the other game was fun :-)

Bat17

#12 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

I do like the idea of him being non aggressive.... it would take away the need for there to be maps it could/couldnt spawn on.

Or could be made that it only attacks players over a certain cl.. just a thought.

As far as the spawn being limited to no pk maps, i dont like that idea.. I the only reason i would agree to a limitation of maps would be due to newer players and harvesters

#13 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

Honestly, I'd say give the mobs 32k hp, give them a reasonable AI built off lenny (let them use pots, etc.), but i agree with it being non aggressive. Could use the Castellan model, and make it a Alrothian Guardian. I'd say make it something special, maybe with multiple forms. Something that is an event as well as a great loot dropper. Something that will get the server together to kill it.

On a side not, more bosses for spawns

#14 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostZeN, on 05 October 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

heya guys,
yeah looks like a positive idea for some good team relations etc,
Id like too ask if it could be on a None pk map so at least theres no difficult players just out too ruin gamers fun.??
No I think that at least one should spawn on a PK map to make it more dangerous/challenging. If you want the World Boss to spawn, that's the risk you take by going in as PK Map.

View PostBat17, on 05 October 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

could it just be non aggressive? We dont need a Lenny type creature, but the big Deer in the other game was fun :-)

Bat17
Yes I agree with all the 'demi-bosses' being Non-Agressive. Not sure about the actual World Boss though if it should be non-aggressive or aggressive. More comments on this are needed.

View PostWarlock, on 04 October 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

The creatures we have to kill, are 'Rogues', which are extremely tough, and also steal your bags if you die to them! ones that have random offensive AOE spells if they get down below 25% HP, could be any offensive spell, and one rogue for each map in OL, if all are killed within a time limit like duece said, theres a % chance to spawn the world boss

> but honestly i agree with all of the ideas mentioned enough

WL out
I would prefer to call them 'Guardians' rather than 'Rogues'. I envision them to look like a towering humanoid figure dressed up with a sort of Roman-Colosseum style armour which is like a green-blue colour/hue carrying a massive two handed sword. Not sure about the bag stealing but that can be discussed as well. The AOE once the HP goes down is also a nice idea but we don't want them too OP since there is going to be a time factor (apparently?) to kill them all for a chance of the World Boss to spawn.
One for each map is a lot since there is going to be eventually 58 maps in Alroth. I would be looking at maybe 15-20 maps at most.

View PostAine, on 05 October 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

I do like the idea of him being non aggressive.... it would take away the need for there to be maps it could/couldnt spawn on.

Or could be made that it only attacks players over a certain cl.. just a thought.

As far as the spawn being limited to no pk maps, i dont like that idea.. I the only reason i would agree to a limitation of maps would be due to newer players and harvesters
Agreed here with everything except the ''attacking players over a certain cl''...think it should just be non-aggressive for everyone regardless.

View Postbutler, on 07 October 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Honestly, I'd say give the mobs 32k hp, give them a reasonable AI built off lenny (let them use pots, etc.), but i agree with it being non aggressive. Could use the Castellan model, and make it a Alrothian Guardian. I'd say make it something special, maybe with multiple forms. Something that is an event as well as a great loot dropper. Something that will get the server together to kill it.

On a side not, more bosses for spawns

- Agreed with the 32K HP if you are really looking to make this a challenge.
- Agreed with reasonable CreatureAI
- Alrothian Guardian....fucking nice one
- I would like to make a new model for it with what I mentioned about to Warlock's comment but for a place-hold I couldn't see why not to make it a model that is already made.

#15 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

So ideas and concepts majority agree upon and more discussions needed.

Agreed

Demi-Bosses

- Demi-Bosses that wander through the map they are spawned on
- All Demi-Bosses must be killed in order for a chance to trigger the World Boss
- There will be one demi-boss per map.
- Demi-Bosses are non-aggressive
- Demi-Bosses can spawn in almost any map (except IP or beginners Island when created)

World Boss

- Chance to trigger by killing all demi-bosses
- Must be hard enough to need a decent team or a lot of players to kill. I'm even considering to ask it to be made OP on purpose
- Spawns on a random map (except for pre-defined maps that no demi-boss or world boss can spawn on)
- Aggressive
- Obviously a team is needed to kill

Needs to be discussed

Demi-Bosses

- Will Demi-Bosses HP regen?
- Demi-Boss HP?
- Official Demi-Bosses name? (so far Rogue, Guardian, Alrothian Guardian as suggested names)
- Possible special talents/buffs? (spells, 'enraged mode', summons, immunities, special damages (elemental, poison, paralysis etc))
- How many are to be spawned to kill? 10 maps? 15 maps? 20 maps?
- Can steal death bags?
- What kind of drops should they have?
- Cooldown period?

World Boss

- World Boss HP?
- Will World Boss HP regen?
- World Boss drop MUST be good?
- Possible special talents/buffs/abilities? (spells, 'enraged mode', summons, immunities, special damages (elemental, poison, paralysis etc))
- World Boss can be OP on purpose?
- World Boss once triggered, does not despawn until killed or server restart?
- Possible Models or ideas for some?
- Multiple different World Bosses with a chance for a random one to be spawned if triggered?
- Cooldown period?

My Suggestions

Demi-Boss

I would really like to see the demi-bosses have a fair amount of HP (around 10K) and a random ability like mirror, poison, enhanced defense/attack etc. Possible AOE?

The drop should be well, but not too ridiculously good. I would think the HP should regen, but not enormous amounts per minute (40-50 HP per minute maxed).

My feelings on whether it should be stronger or harder as the battle goes on is uncertain to me for the time being, as there will be quite a few of them to kill within the time period.

My suggested time period is 24 real life hours (4 in game days) to kill all the demi-bosses or they all re-spawn back. No cooldown period if not all killed within the time limit, but should be a cool down period of 1 day if all killed.

World Boss

World Boss should definitely not have a HP regen. It's HP should be the max possible (32K). It should not de-spawn either except for a server restart. It should be and will be ridiculously OP and will require a well co-ordinated team to kill with multiple trips to storage to restock.

The drop MUST and HAS to be extremely good. I am talking about almost certain chance of serp stones, serp sword, capes, elemental swords, modables, enriched essences, MoL/MoM, Iron Armor, Seridium Bars, future great weapons/armor and ingredients dropping as well. It is not called a WORLD BOSS for no reason and this is justified by the world boss only have a chance to spawn, not even guaranteed to spawn.

The World Boss will definitely have multiple abilities/buffs/talents. Some that you will find out straight away (poison, paralysis, radiation, elemental damage, mirror) as well as some hidden until later on in the battle (summoning, self-heals, teleportation, AOE damage).

Eventually, I would like to see multiple forms of World Bosses with a random one to spawn if triggered, such as a melee World Boss, A spellcaster, a Ranger, a Summoner, Battlemage, etc

The cooldown period should be fair like 1 week once killed.

For Both

Lastly, I would like to see a very rare chance of a Demi-Boss and extremely rare chance for a World Boss to be spawned as a Possessed. Drops will be significantly more impressive and the talents/buffs/abilities will be out of this world.

I really want this well thought out and to become a reality, even if I have to stay awake countless nights to do testing on their stats and drops if I must, I will.

Please, comment in anything I have missed or if you can come up with anything else, even if it's unusual.

#16 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

I agree with your suggestion to have a set time limit to kill all the demi-bosses else they will essentially reset. A follow up question is did you have a preference in what "reset" entails? As in respawn in the same map, or completely reset the event as a whole where they will spawn randomly?

The time we will have to kill all of them will depend on how many exist (or one could argue the case is the other way around). If they are to be stronger (on average for the CL/stat roll for bosses) than everything that currently exists in OL, I wouldn't go over... say 5 in 24 hours with the current population.

Also, would the demi-bosses respawn after their cooldown period while a world boss is still up, so we could just trigger more world bosses without killing until a server reset? If the % chance to spawn is low enough and if the demi-bosses are hard enough, that situation could never occur but something to keep in mind at least.

Could unicorn kill the demi-bosses and world boss if it finds them in WS?

#17 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:35 AM

If the World Boss is going to be Aggressive then it should also be time limited, so that if nobody is trying to kill it, it won't end up as a walking hazard for ppl trying to play a peaceful game.
In the same way there should be some way of telling that there is a World Boss on the loose and preferably in which map!

Bat17

#18 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

View PostBat17, on 12 October 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

If the World Boss is going to be Aggressive then it should also be time limited, so that if nobody is trying to kill it, it won't end up as a walking hazard for ppl trying to play a peaceful game.
In the same way there should be some way of telling that there is a World Boss on the loose and preferably in which map!

Bat17
If it's aggressive & invaded, people probably will notice it on #IL

#19 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

Some very nice suggestions for a world boss Codux, it would certainly give the fighters something to do during the week while waiting for weekend invasions.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#20 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostWaterBottle, on 10 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

I agree with your suggestion to have a set time limit to kill all the demi-bosses else they will essentially reset. A follow up question is did you have a preference in what "reset" entails? As in respawn in the same map, or completely reset the event as a whole where they will spawn randomly?

The time we will have to kill all of them will depend on how many exist (or one could argue the case is the other way around). If they are to be stronger (on average for the CL/stat roll for bosses) than everything that currently exists in OL, I wouldn't go over... say 5 in 24 hours with the current population.

Also, would the demi-bosses respawn after their cooldown period while a world boss is still up, so we could just trigger more world bosses without killing until a server reset? If the % chance to spawn is low enough and if the demi-bosses are hard enough, that situation could never occur but something to keep in mind at least.

Could unicorn kill the demi-bosses and world boss if it finds them in WS?
With the 'reset' I would like discussion on this. I do not have a personal preference on this either. If I had to choose and it were possible I would do
- If not all killed within the time limit then they reset back to the same maps as they were on initially.
- If all killed, then they reset back to a random map again (chance it could be the same map and chance it might not be)

With the amount of players yes, around 5 would be around the amount we could take as a current population. When I was talking about 10-15 etc, I was just thinking ahead if the player base were to grow.

On demi-bosses respawning while the world boss is still up, no. It would be too OP having Multiple world bosses around at this point in time. Maybe in the distant future when more things have been implemented and created the might be a possibility of several..but I doubt it.

With the unicorn..didn't think about that. Good suggestion I'll add it to the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users