#21 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

View PostBat17, on 12 October 2017 - 11:35 AM, said:

If the World Boss is going to be Aggressive then it should also be time limited, so that if nobody is trying to kill it, it won't end up as a walking hazard for ppl trying to play a peaceful game.
In the same way there should be some way of telling that there is a World Boss on the loose and preferably in which map!

Bat17
I have to disagree with time-limited. There is going to be a small % trigger chance for it to spawn anyway and you want it to have a time limit as well? No..it should stay up unless killed or server restart.
I was only stating it should be aggressive because it's a World Boss. It makes sense it should be aggressive.

On a side-note to Learner, is it possible to have this trigger like the same as the Cyclops Boss in TD? If that is the case then peaceful players can merely just use a MM cape if in the same known map if the World Boss is triggered there.

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:24 PM

For starters limit this to Alroth only, which doesn't have a unicorn yet. Why go through the work required to include Seridia when the goal is to delete it. Instead add that it will avoid maps on which a unicorn spawns on.

#23 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

Sounds good to me

#24 SAWolf

SAWolf

IM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:51 AM

Hi,

I have been looking at introducing something like this for the duration of Hell Week as a trial. If it works maybe it might be implemented more. I am taking into accounts the suggestions and concerns from this post.

Regards
SAWolf

#25 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:31 AM

Sounds good for my concerns regarding unicorn and, for the time being, would make testing/tweaking on main easier on the mind since few peaceful harvers go to DL exclusively to harvest so less potential worry for them until Seridia is ultimately nuked.

Did we want to restrict Lothend as not a possible world boss map spawn? Given the difficulty consideration of this boss to be on the border of OP and I wouldn't be confident people would even attempt it in SC. I don't have a preference either way, I just tend to think about random things...

Is it worth discussing possible global announcements from this feature? Just something so people know the status of the situation both if it happens live, or doing a #recent type command/checking Webaccess if they were offline when stuff happened. I'm guessing if we do do a trial during Hell week, it's not needed; more for core functionality when part of the game full time.

#26 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostSAWolf, on 16 October 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

Hi,

I have been looking at introducing something like this for the duration of Hell Week as a trial. If it works maybe it might be implemented more. I am taking into accounts the suggestions and concerns from this post.

Regards
SAWolf
That's awesome to hear! Can't wait! But please if one thing, don't let the World Boss HP regen if possible..

View PostWaterBottle, on 16 October 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Sounds good for my concerns regarding unicorn and, for the time being, would make testing/tweaking on main easier on the mind since few peaceful harvers go to DL exclusively to harvest so less potential worry for them until Seridia is ultimately nuked.

Did we want to restrict Lothend as not a possible world boss map spawn? Given the difficulty consideration of this boss to be on the border of OP and I wouldn't be confident people would even attempt it in SC. I don't have a preference either way, I just tend to think about random things...

Is it worth discussing possible global announcements from this feature? Just something so people know the status of the situation both if it happens live, or doing a #recent type command/checking Webaccess if they were offline when stuff happened. I'm guessing if we do do a trial during Hell week, it's not needed; more for core functionality when part of the game full time.
As being first prototype testing, I doubt SAW will spawn it on Lothend, which has the most traffic in Alroth. Global announcements such as what? If spawned? If killed? Players involved in the kill or the player who does the final blow?

#27 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

All mobs at this time regen, there is no option for that so SAW's test will regen and be limited by other factors.

#28 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Will this be looked at in the future as a possibility?

#29 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2045 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostCoduX, on 16 October 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Will this be looked at in the future as a possibility?
There are many possibilities. Which is why the mobs/boss/spawn system has been designed as it is for future expansion.

#30 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

View PostCoduX, on 16 October 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostWaterBottle, on 16 October 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

As being first prototype testing, I doubt SAW will spawn it on Lothend, which has the most traffic in Alroth. Global announcements such as what? If spawned? If killed? Players involved in the kill or the player who does the final blow?

At minimum, I was thinking more of an indication that either the demi-bosses reset/have been killed in time. I don't necessarily want the world to know a world boss was triggered (we can find that out Posted Image ), but people should at least be aware that one could have spawned by the announcement that the demi-bosses were killed in time. Similar mechanic as invasions; mobs have spawned so people are aware they could die if they venture to the wrong place Posted Image .

In the case of the demi-bosses have been reset (e.g. weren't killed in time), just some message once the time period to kill them all has reset so people aren't confused as to "Well how long do we have left?". This is assuming we can trigger the timer to kill them all once the first one has been killed (more dynamically). If we can only do at a certain time/day (more static), the announcement is not needed in this case.

Other types of announcements can be discussed if people want a specific kind.

This may have been assumed to be added but in my experience as a dev, I don't want to rely on unspoken assumptions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users