• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

The current plan for PremiumGuilds include having a Guild Note Board in the GuildHall for leaving short messages that the guild members can read & post to each other.

Some thoughts on Guild Notes include:
* Each Premium Guild (costing Plats yearly or monthly to get this status) gets it's own private Guild Note Board with a limited number of the most recent messages.
* Estimated limit on how many in 20 - 100 range depending on easy of use during testing
* The Guild Notes will probably be saved through restarts
* Each note has the server date/time, who posted it, a Subject, an optional long line of text
* If the Note is fairly short, they can just use the Subject and leave the text blank
* When looking at Guild Notes, a Note Summary menu similar to the new NPC Merchant menus with date/who/subject of each Note shown, newest first. The Subject might get truncated if it's long, but will be fully visible if you read the Note.
* To read the Note, you click on the summary line of the one you want to read, that opens up another menu style window with full date/time/who/subject/line of text
* When reading a Note, the original poster and high ranking guild members will also have the option to delete it
* To post a Guild Note, the Note Summary menu will have something to click to open a window that will accept the subject/line of text, as well as Post or Cancel
* If the limit on Guild Notes is reached, the oldest (last one in the summary) is deleted to make room for the new Note being posted.
* When you login, the most recent Note's date/who/subject is shown after any delayed messages
* The Guild Note will also be readable in WebAccess
* I'm considering allowing not just the Guilds Note Board in the guild hall to access this, but also the #guild menu window could also have an option to open it at any time in the game

Having all that there are some additional possible thoughts as well based on that but not limited to your guild. This would be similar boards for the entire game and/or for each racial land like DL, and charge a small gc fee (10gc - 100gc for a racial land, 100gc - 1kgc for system wide). Maybe Premium Members get it free or at a discount? This would not show any of these notes automatically on login, opening the Game Notes summary menu would be required.

A similar IM Note board could also be available just for IM's to leave notes for each other (like comments on an Invasion).

The reason that the long line is limited to one long line (probably 255 chars) is due to limits in the menus for entering text and not wanting to be adding a bunch additional entry fields for even more. You'll have a good sized Subject as well as the full length line to put stuff into if things work out well. Sort of like being able to handle two Tweets if you want it.

Thoughts, ideas, comments, suggestions ...

#2 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:00 AM

Sounds good but just one thing,

With the boards around the game or for racial land, I feel that if you were premium then it is free for you as you are already paying real $ for premium status. Paying an additional cost is a bit much I think. However saying this, what if being premium you can have up to 5 "free" boards but anymore than 5 you will have to start paying the usual fee for non-premium members?

This is all I can think of for now.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:13 AM

View PostCoduX, on 06 October 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

With the boards around the game or for racial land, I feel that if you were premium then it is free for you as you are already paying real $ for premium status. Paying an additional cost is a bit much I think. However saying this, what if being premium you can have up to 5 "free" boards but anymore than 5 you will have to start paying the usual fee for non-premium members?

I don't see the need to track how many you have posted. Simpler to make it free or discounted for Premium as long as the premium is active. The biggest readon for the fee afterall is to add another way gc can leave the game since more always comes in then goes out.

#4 Aine

Aine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

Can't wait to see this implemented :-)

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostLearner, on 06 October 2017 - 05:13 AM, said:

View PostCoduX, on 06 October 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

I don't see the need to track how many you have posted. Simpler to make it free or discounted for Premium as long as the premium is active. The biggest readon for the fee afterall is to add another way gc can leave the game since more always comes in then goes out.
Then I would make it free if you have current premium status

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

A quick proof-of-concept test of adding several Notes, saving, restarting server, loading Notes, selecting and displaying a note as text has been completed successfully. The next steps would be the menus/window and then per Guild Note Board.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2076 posts

Posted Today, 05:05 PM

An additional update ...

I've been putzing on getting a Client Menu setup working to working with these Notes/Messages. The current design is a step forward towards having them for Premium Guilds in the near future.

The current idea is:
1. Server Messages posted for a gc fee of 100gc by people > OA 20
2. Market Messages posted for a gc fee of 100gc? by people > OA 20
3. Premium Guild messages posted by any guild member at no extra cost to the member per message

The current code will be able to cover #1 & #2. The Premium Guild support still required Premium guilds to be added.

Each message board will have a limited number of slots and if it gets too full the oldest message falls off. I'm looking at up to 100 messages, but want to see how that will work with the client menus. A player that posted the message will be able to remove their messages at anytime, but can't edit their message. I'm looking at allowing high ranking guild members to be able to remove messages from their guild message board as well.

Still trying to decide on the best way to open the message boards. From a roll-play angle, actually clicking on something in game makes sense, but convenience but reading it anywhere using a #command has advantages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users