Jump to content

  •  
- - - - -

Event Drop Automation


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

As has been suggested a few times by multiple people today and before hand, the DTF and MBC (however you call it) really needs a level of automation instead of the farce that happens afterwards for splitting up gold and item drops, so here's the suggestion.

All items do not drop in bags but are automatically collected and stored on an NPC. This NPC converts everything under 5kgc worth into gold for the final splits according to it's designated value, if it hasn't dropped in a quantity where it can be split evenly (rounded down if required). Possibly give exceptions for the GHPs/EMPS/TS/Invisi/Eva/Acc pots, but otherwise, converted.

Anything that isn't converted will go up as an auction in lots, where those present in the map can bid, and that gc will be split evenly at the end when it's all doshed out to those who partook.

to prevent abuses of outside players taking part, i'd say you'd require players to be in the map for a certain percentage of time during the event to be able to do bidding etc.

This is taking ideas from myself, codux, zen, warlock for this post specifically, please add your own thoughts.

We really need a better system, as this hardly works with the small population we have, if we ever have a larger population, this will become utterly, utterly buggered.

#2 Warlock

Warlock

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:45 PM

I dont think partaking members of said DTF/MBC should be able to bid on items only, think that should be open to everyone server wide. What if we get a very expensive item? and also, who gets to decide the initial bidding price of said item?

Another reason why i think party system is needed, selected party leader has authority to set initital prices of uber rare/expensive items on the NPC that has collected the drops. (party leader would most likely be someone trusted, amongst the team that partook in whatever event it was) so im sure the entire party would agree on set price on such high end items.

?

#3 CoduX

CoduX

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Agree. It was so fucking painful to watch the item and gc distribution today after the MBC and would probably be the same with DTF.
I agree with this system. The only thing that would need sorting is an agreement of how much each ValueItem is worth if it is above or below 5Kgc.

Really needs to be handled better.

#4 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

AS God here, one reason I don't want an NPC collecting the items as they drop is I feel there needs to be a risk of them being lost if not managed properly. I also feel low value items should not automagically convert to gc so that if there are interested players in them they can help decide what they would pay. An example is Invis pots is below the 5Kgc threshold and some players value highly and others don't. I have been interested in tracking what all has dropped, assistance from the server can be considered, but I feel it should aid not force things or automagically do stuff.

#5 CoduX

CoduX

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:56 PM

View PostLearner, on 07 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

AS God here, one reason I don't want an NPC collecting the items as they drop is I feel there needs to be a risk of them being lost if not managed properly. I also feel low value items should not automagically convert to gc so that if there are interested players in them they can help decide what they would pay. An example is Invis pots is below the 5Kgc threshold and some players value highly and others don't. I have been interested in tracking what all has dropped, assistance from the server can be considered, but I feel it should aid not force things or automagically do stuff.
How would you suggest a better alternative solution than players picking shit out of the drop bag when told to leave all in bag until it gets sorted? Also a better alternative automated solution for drops to be calculated so that each player who has participated have a final fair share?

#6 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:00 PM

When we had DTF in the past, before MBC, we would only split the gc and the rest was up for grabs, except maybe the weapons where they were sold to Trik and split the gc.

We asked for better drops and now we get everything under the sun so the split is much harder to do.

butler idea is a fairly good one and also takes the responsibility of having one person do it all.

Wish Siarato was here, she was really good at splitting it;)

#7 Warlock

Warlock

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Guys.. there IS a compromise here.

Not have the NPC auto-collecting every item, because bag-management should ALWAYS be a key factor in these types of events.

Individuals should probably add all the items to the NPC

Is there a way to log the drops, that EVERY player picks up so if items/gc aren't added to the NPC we mentioned, gets flagged to the IM thats spawned the event?

Maybe not EVERY item gets flagged, flagged/non flagged items may need to be discussed, but the idea sounds good

View PostAlddrA, on 07 October 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

When we had DTF in the past, before MBC, we would only split the gc and the rest was up for grabs, except maybe the weapons where they were sold to Trik and split the gc.

We asked for better drops and now we get everything under the sun so the split is much harder to do.

butler idea is a fairly good one and also takes the responsibility of having one person do it all.

Wish Siarato was here, she was really good at splitting it;)

No ald, not everything else was up for grabs, look at the shenanigans that happened when Eats found a Camo cape in DTF.. there was a whole forum post saying he was a scammer LMAO

It doesnt take one person to do it all, it takes a damn NPC/webaccess to show whats what

#8 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostWarlock, on 07 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Guys.. there IS a compromise here.

Not have the NPC auto-collecting every item, because bag-management should ALWAYS be a key factor in these types of events.

Individuals should probably add all the items to the NPC

Is there a way to log the drops, that EVERY player picks up so if items/gc aren't added to the NPC we mentioned, gets flagged to the IM thats spawned the event?

Maybe not EVERY item gets flagged, flagged/non flagged items may need to be discussed, but the idea sounds good
When we add tracking the drops, the IM won't be notified of anything, but instead it will be visible in WebAccess when that feature is added of any type.

#9 Warlock

Warlock

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 07 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostLearner, on 07 October 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

View PostWarlock, on 07 October 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Guys.. there IS a compromise here.

Not have the NPC auto-collecting every item, because bag-management should ALWAYS be a key factor in these types of events.

Individuals should probably add all the items to the NPC

Is there a way to log the drops, that EVERY player picks up so if items/gc aren't added to the NPC we mentioned, gets flagged to the IM thats spawned the event?

Maybe not EVERY item gets flagged, flagged/non flagged items may need to be discussed, but the idea sounds good
When we add tracking the drops, the IM won't be notified of anything, but instead it will be visible in WebAccess when that feature is added of any type.

Now that sounds good to me!

#10 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:55 AM

Need an improvement though L. When things barely work with 10-20 people, if we actually get a reasonable population at any point, no way this would work.

Party system would be beneficial.

View PostLearner, on 07 October 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

<snip>
An example is Invis pots is below the 5Kgc threshold and some players value highly and others don't.
<snip>

View Postbutler, on 07 October 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

<snip>
Possibly give exceptions for the GHPs/EMPS/TS/Invisi/Eva/Acc pots, but otherwise, converted.
<snip>
I addressed that already.

The requiring to pick everything up however is kind of pointless, as it adds very little to the game in such an event, and unless everyone is incompetent, with the breaks, and 12 minute poof time, etc, the only thing likely to go is a bones or things people purposefully abandon.

The whole mess around at the end of an event takes away from the enjoyment of the event. It takes away from the event experience.

Even just an ingame tool to help with this would be good, that you can dump it all into and can sort them out into things to evenly split and the rares to be dealt with by players.

I support anything that fixes this

#11 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

I know you were trying to add exceptions, but exceptions are bad in general because people don't all have the same criteria as to whats important to keep. As for everything dropped into one bag during the event, that's not actually part of the event, simply how players have been handling the dropped items. I still saw don't put anything in bags you aren't willing to lose.

I consider DropManagement as part of what needs to be done. Iam willing to at least make available information about what all dropped during an event to help paperwork for players. If players really push for automated gathering of items then I say half the items on the mobs picked at random should be lost instead of dropped! That means if a Boss manages to have a great weapon it might not be a drop you can pick up.

As for a your comment about needing a Party System, that wouldn't change this because there would still be no auto looting or group storage either that would affect the drop issue.

#12 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Proof-of-Concept of gathering drop information during Events, IM's will be able to control starting & stopping the data gathering. Next will be quick Proof-of-Concept of getting the data and displaying it through WebAccess.

Once this is working I'll look to getting it to go live after Halloween. Later I'll see about gathering information about some other Stats, but that portion is much lower priority.

#13 butler

butler

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1197 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostLearner, on 08 October 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

<snip>
As for everything dropped into one bag during the event, that's not actually part of the event, simply how players have been handling the dropped items. I still saw don't put anything in bags you aren't willing to lose.
However, storing in a bag is pretty much the only way that you can manage/store all the drops during the event, because there is no system or real alternative, so it is a feature of the event because there really is no alternative.

View PostLearner, on 08 October 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

I consider DropManagement as part of what needs to be done. Iam willing to at least make available information about what all dropped during an event to help paperwork for players.
<snip>
That would be a good step.

View PostLearner, on 08 October 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

If players really push for automated gathering of items then I say half the items on the mobs picked at random should be lost instead of dropped!
<snip>

So that would be shit design and nobody would do the event. Really, when making a game, you shouldn't be aiming to annoy your players, maybe try to make it a fun experience? Just making a system shit to make a bullshit "challenge" just isn't a good way of making a game. Tell me, strictly, what would that add? Nothing but annoyance. Replacing one irritant with another is just thick.

A group storage or chest in the map, what would that hurt? Are you expecting us to go back to sto after every wave? What do you actually think we should do?

I am puzzled, please enlighten me.

#14 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:29 PM

I'm not saying you need to go back to storage, just saying DropManagement should be done instead of the easy solution of a storage chest. How a group handles is important as well as how they do all the killing.

#15 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

View PostLearner, on 08 October 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Proof-of-Concept of gathering drop information during Events, IM's will be able to control starting & stopping the data gathering. Next will be quick Proof-of-Concept of getting the data and displaying it through WebAccess.

Once this is working I'll look to getting it to go live after Halloween. Later I'll see about gathering information about some other Stats, but that portion is much lower priority.
Getting the data for the Proof-of-Concept so it's available for WebAccess has been tested. In the next couple days I hope to have time for Proof-of-Concept WebAccess to see EventDrops.

Working on this has shown multiple areas where it should be expanded, including keeping the data through a server restart .. possibly keeping more then just the most recent may make sense once we have a system to control EventNames. Then various stats and leader boards for each event type become viable.

I'm thinking this info would be WebAccess Login required, but available to all players.

#16 ebattleon

ebattleon

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:15 AM

I don't think we need a NPC that automatically picks up the stuff but a chest that does not go poof to store stuff in is not unreasonable...
But "God" has spoken so tough luck folks.
Community driven my...

#17 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:51 AM

View Postebattleon, on 10 October 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

I don't think we need a NPC that automatically picks up the stuff but a chest that does not go poof to store stuff in is not unreasonable...
But "God" has spoken so tough luck folks.
Community driven my...
It's still open to opinions and discussion, I simply added what my personal thoughts as to drop management. Also, there currently isn't a mechanism for a storage chest on a map other then personal player storage, not even Guild storage4 yet. So, that would require more planning and work which would delay addressing issues.

Plus, Events aren't restricted only to event maps, so consideration needs to be done if events are held without it.

#18 Learner

Learner

    God

  • Administrators
  • 2088 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

First rough proof-of-concept of EventDrops tracking is available from the EventInfo menu option on Test WebAccess (login required, premium not required) http://test.other-li...d/eventinfo.php

It tracks all items dropped by invasion mobs during the event as they drop until the IM signals the event has ended. Player DB's and other mobs are ignored. Doesn't even have to be on an event map.

Once the event end, the information stays available until the next reboot or the start of another event on the same map. Multiple vents can be running at the same time (like multiple MBC maps).

#19 Warlock

Warlock

    Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Nice work L thanks. Can player info also get saved, who was in each event? Can also download a .txt file of that event, so better management when coming to split drops

#20 AlddrA

AlddrA

    Advanced Member

  • Full Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

Looks good L, thanks




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users