Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Which can all be purchased from Shop Services NPC in WSC. No $ Actually needed

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

I think the information on Test for Premium Death information is an interesting summary for those that would like to see it and are helping support OL directly or Indirectly.

#23 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1079 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

Not much to say other than good work L. Agreed with it being as a Premium bonus also.

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

The Premium Death upgrade is scheduled to go live after Halloween.

Please continue discussing other things that may be useful based on this information so we can see what we may want to add into priorities.

#25 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 07:46 AM

Proposal for Kill Awards:

Definitions:
Kill Award Points - the number of points earned based on your % of damage done to a mob
Top Kills - Kills in which you were the top player doing damage

The system should track:
* How many times you you participated and did some damage
* the total Kill Award Points earned
* the total CL of mobs the awards were for
* the number of times you did the most damage
* the total Kill Award Points earned for top kills
* the total CL of mobs the top kill awards were for

Anytime you do damage to a mob, it tracks the most recent time, total damage done, and sets a flag for type of damage. The damage type flag is used for other things and not tracked as part of Kill Awards.

When a mob or player heals, it removes damage done to it from the oldest 'recent time' time until the total damage on it is the same as it's current damage. This means if you do a hit, then someone does a bit, and then you do a little more damage, the 'healing' gets subtracted from that early big hit first since you early hit gets totaled with your later one so it's considered newer.

When a mob or player dies, all the damage done by players only (not summons) is totaled up and Kill Award Points are awarded based on each players damage based on what % of the total player damage they did wounded down. The total Kill Award Points handed is based on the mobs CL at the time of death and could be less due to rounding down the number of points awarded. The player that did the most damage is also awarded a Top Kill and His Kill Award Points earned are also added to his Top Kill Awards. In case of a tie, the player with the LOWER Top Kill Awards earns the top kill (since in theory it may have been harder for them).

These points would be awarded to you even if you were logged out at the time and you would get them when you login later (within a reasonable time). So if you were involved in helping to kill, and the monsters healing wasn't enough to erase your damage, then you can at least still earn a portion of the kill despite having to logout. But, since you are no longer actively doing damage, what you did may end up having the healing applied to removing your damage first.

All this information is tracked per player in 100 CL buckets for the mobs CL with anything >= 1000 going into the same bucket as 900 - 999 CL, so your top kills in the highest bucket are tracked separately for lower level CL's. There is also a Total Kill Awards tracking thats just a total of all 10 buckets.

Lots of small pieces of information, but it will keep enough information to make for some interesting results that can be tracked, including being able to have a leader board for each of the 10 buckets for both helping out with kills as well as having earned the Top Kills. Notice that once Kill Awards based on damage are awarded the damage information is forgotten. It's not tracking cumulative damage at that level.

There is a weakness here that supporting rolls don't get anything and nothing from just summons. Damage from Melee, Ranging, and Magic all go towards the Kill Awards points. Additional thought on how best to handle that will be needed and in the future may enhance this proposed setup. Another weakness is to add this we should basically ignore all kill counters in the server and replace it with this. There is also no tracking just for Bosses, rather it's based on the CL buckets. since there are bosses in the 200 CL range and others in the top ranges are only bosses.

If you see what's outlines, the number of Top Kills is similar to the server side kill counters currently, except the old system only looked at those currently in melee around the mob. This system has a longer memory and accounts for non-melee damage as well.

Thoughts on how to simplify it or enhance it?

#26 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

If i poison 40 mobs in a horde and 3 other people kill them while they are dying I get points?

#27 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:36 PM

Points are awarded based on the damage you do to a mob, even through poison. What % of their CL you earn depends on the % damage your poison did to the before it died. A recent upgrade to to DamageTracking does now allow it to track the total poison damage you do yo each mob properly.

The Q is, how damage do they take from your poison while others are fighting it?

#28 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

How can i check this?

#29 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

View Postohmygod, on 25 October 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

How can i check this?
If this is about Poison ... Premium members can see the damage Tracker information about themselves when they die on Test. Otherwise you need to get poison damage on a Boss and the local announcement for it when it dies still has that info for now. Poison damage will add the timed type of damage flag on both messages.

If it's not about poison, then define "this" better.

#30 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:03 AM

No that was it, but i am a bit confused now.

it does not seem i am following this very well. I thought this was a damage tracker, and that it would be applicable to any mob. I was way off in my thoughts. I need to buy more plats it seems to participate further in this discussion. :)

#31 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:26 AM

The damage tracker is tracking all damage on mobs internally. But, you don't see see this in all the details. Currently you see evidence of it on Test on Boss deaths or if you have Premium on your own. An additional place you could indirectly see it with the help of an IM on Test is if your Poison killed the mob you would get counted as killing it in the EventInfo page. The EventInfo page does not yet work with this level of information yet since the KillAwards (or what ever we finally end up calling it) is a proposed system, not something that is in place. So the only way to see that the poison is getting tracked back to the source currently is if the Poison is what does the final kill.

What we have in place now is the low level DamageTracker which is able to track the damage from Melee, Ranging, Magic, and even the Timed like Poison.

#32 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

As of this morning the EventTracker now gathers the total damage players have dealt to mobs/bosses/players IF the mob is killed. That prepares the way for the EventInfo page to show that information.

This is NOT part of any decisions or discussions related to the proposed KillAwards usage. Rather an on going extension of EventInfo/Tracker because we now have more accurate Damage information.

#33 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

Testing has started on a Player Details section visible to IM's and visible to all after an Event ends that includes more detailed CL Min:Avg:Max info for each player on their kills as well as Damage Totals for Mob/Boss.Players.

Coordination with an IM may be needed to help you see that information depending on what testing they have been doing and if you want to see your self there.

#34 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:26 AM

Sorry, I'm really struggling to understand, is this information archived anywhere in game, or is it just the death message, or is it just in webaccess.
I think I must have missed something whilst reading through this.

#35 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

View Postbutler, on 27 October 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Sorry, I'm really struggling to understand, is this information archived anywhere in game, or is it just the death message, or is it just in webaccess.
I think I must have missed something whilst reading through this.
The Premium Death messages already being tested on Test are in game messages only and only to the Premium Players when they fie.

The more Advanced Kill Awards I proposed and spelled out in detail is an attempt to track even more data in the server based on the improved damage tracker and intended to replace the server side counters we have currently. The final usage is EventInfo mostly discussed https://www.otherlife.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1602-event-drop-automation/ and can sometimes be seen on Test after Test WebAccess login at http://test.other-li...d/eventinfo.php depending on when the most recent restart was and if an IM has run an Event with the tracking enabled.

The intent of this thread is to discuss was be can use the new improved information and my Kill Awards post above is just on of many ways we may be able to use it. the new DamageTracker itself that is capturing all the information only tracks it short termp and temporarily. Getting killed or logging out for example can removed the information tracked for you. When a death happens on a map flagged as active for an Event (for invas & players), then the EventInfo system captures some of the information for it's needs. The Kill Awards as said previously is a proposed system to summarize some of that information add create a major improvement over server counters on what you have killed allowing a way that multiple people on a boss can get partial credit for their part in the kill (and that summary would be store permanently as totals in each 100 CL bin as outlined)

#36 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:26 PM

Who all has an idea of what I'm talking about here https://www.other-li...__20#entry19401 or have other ideas how we could use the information thats being shown as PremiumDamage info? We have so much more information now we didn't have before we need to brainstorm on what we can do with it now!

#37 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Can this tracked damage/healing be put into the client like the exp/min tab? can it be then reset at players discretion for example.

and to be honest i am still yet to get premium yet so not really sure what might be useful information to have out of what you can collect...

@@3buying plats  ..

#38 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2320 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:03 AM

Currently there is no support in the client for any of this information. The client exp/min for example is all done client side at this time which means it has to guess which mob is causing the exp wo it does make mistakes, specially when lagging or in multi sometimes.

#39 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

Yes i see in some of my deaths being recorded to unknown. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users