13 replies to this topic

#1 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:54 PM

What if we got rid of nexus all together? Then anyone could use/train any skill. With the addition of perks in the future people would have better advantages at particular skills using perks possible making nexus not so necessary. Also this would encourage more items being made in game which is both a positive and negative.

A possible negative could also be that people may reset less often. Less resets = less money for learner which = less development time. But with perks perhaps people would still reset to go mixer builds?

#2 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Location-

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

I honestly +1 this.... Who really resets for nexus anyways?

Open to hear the pros/cons for this.

#3 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

Well, what about making them more powerful?

I also think max nexus should be 3 as people who wants to mix and fight have to sacrifice ALOT of pps. There should be a sacrifice but not this much I think.

#4 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

View Postsirdan, on 15 December 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

What if we got rid of nexus all together? Then anyone could use/train any skill. With the addition of perks in the future people would have better advantages at particular skills using perks possible making nexus not so necessary. Also this would encourage more items being made in game which is both a positive and negative.

A possible negative could also be that people may reset less often. Less resets = less money for learner which = less development time. But with perks perhaps people would still reset to go mixer builds?

Im in favour of abandoning nexus points all together, but not until (and only if) perks come out.  Im in favour of *some* degree of character specialization, as it promotes character diversity which is good for combat teamwork.  We are all 80-90 a/d here anyways, and if we simply abandoned nexus points, I think everyone would have a very similar build (even more-so than what builds look like now).  But I've always found the nexus point system to be poorly balanced.  Not sure who decided that there would be no nex required for Alchemy yet 6 points in nexus to even consider doing Crafting (e.g. for diss rings).

So yes, abandon (or re design) the nexus point system, but not until we have perks to further specialize our characters with.

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2257 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

I agree that how nexus are currently used is broken, but remember they are part of how you tune your character instead of being a specific class. I think might be better to look at balancing better the use of nexuses across the different skills.

#6 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:28 AM

Following!!

#7 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

likewize!

#8 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

I was more saying to get rid of them because I feel more people fight than mix and there isn't many people making items. Id love to be able to make a few brs if I needed. With perks I think there would still be some specialization of characters. The perks for mixers seem like they will make mixing so much nicer. Just think a fighter wont get any mixing perks where as a mixer will grab maybe bone eater and batch mixer making their mixing considerably easier. With all the books that need to be read to make items it still makes people have to meet requirements of levels and knowledge to create the items. I would honestly probably still buy most of my brs but at least if i cant find them I could make them.

#9 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

Following as well.

I would lean towards waiting until perks come out just see how it'll affect the game and work on another major change as we get accustomed to the perk system. While I don't think nexuses and perks overlap one another that much, and this topic is worth discussing and achieving some sort of consensus, I just want to not cause more work in the case of: implementing the change then perks rolls in then potentially having to revisit this since the change was originally for the old game 'system'. I don't think we can risk adding on potential extra work with the current development resources unless we are certain the nexus changes/rework will play well with perks.

That being said, I'm in the boat of reducing the amount of nexus needed or re-balancing it. I do like having to choose a dominant side of mixing or fighting (e.g. having sacrifice for whatever path you choose to go down), but the current system is quite extreme in making that choice.

tl;dr Let's see how perks shift gameplay and builds, but until it comes out let's hash this out so that once perks are out, we have a plan in place to execute on

#10 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

I'd also vote for some kind of way to get nexuses, not hydro but some other way...

That would also give people something to really work on and also some kind of advantage to the people who actually put more effort in their economics and playstyle.

#11 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

This is a great discussion!

#12 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

I'm all for getting rid of nexus's as well.
I would prefer to have a system of to wear a certain weapon/armor or to mix/create a certain item, you have to have the required level in that skill.

Example, to wear titanium short sword, your attack must be level 50, to wear iron greaves your defense must be level 50 etc

This goes for all items to wear or wield

However, I also agree this topic should wait until perks have been sorted out, as Duece has stated.

#13 ZeN

ZeN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

yes,i agree that nexuses have always been a pain and very unbalanced ,especially in OL.
If those could be reworked more so than removed,or maybe like the perks you can gain and extra point ,thats only a nexus point so it can be placed,maybe 1 per 5 lvls
.but then i ask myself ,what will removing nexuses do too the community,will it  make players all rounders and ruin the game for mixers/crafters/manuers.
atm,i think its best too get perks sorted and then we form opions on this matter.

#14 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

View PostZeN, on 09 January 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

yes,i agree that nexuses have always been a pain and very unbalanced ,especially in OL.
If those could be reworked more so than removed,or maybe like the perks you can gain and extra point ,thats only a nexus point so it can be placed,maybe 1 per 5 lvls
.but then i ask myself ,what will removing nexuses do too the community,will it  make players all rounders and ruin the game for mixers/crafters/manuers.
atm,i think its best too get perks sorted and then we form opions on this matter.
touche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users