• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2120 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

Currently when you leave the Underworld you arrive on IP at Beam. With the progress on Alroth, planned additions to Alroth, and the coming GuildHalls, now is a good time to discuss some possible changes to this.

My ideas on this are to define for each region of Alroth (such as Dwarven Lands) one indoor space as an exit from UW, IP beam will be defined as the exit for all of Seridia as it is currently. Then when you die and exit UW, you will end up exiting to the exit point of the region you were in when you died. Players would also have the option of setting that they want to instead respawn in their GuildHall no matter where they die. If they aren't in a guild or their guild doesn't have a GuildHall this would have no effect.

This also means thought has to go into where in DL make sense from a roleplay aspect for where to place the exit, as well as for each region as they are created.

Finally, #beam will be left to take you to IP.

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

Thinking that maybe a place in TM where there will not be any invasions?

Maybe Glittering caverns where Grimm had talked about placing a storage?  Zian has already created an area that would be suited to it.

Or maybe he could create something like the entrance to the guildhall where you go through a door to a map that is seldom invaded like IP?

At the moment, we have quite a few places in DL that could be a landing platform to come out of UW.

The exit would be preferable to have it on a map that is either rarely invaded and single combat (Lothend) since it already has a storage and access to other maps.  Or make another map single combat like Glingor and insure it rarely gets invaded.  Access to a storage is a boat trip away.

Just suggestions.

AlddrAPosted Image

#3 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

I like the idea of having the choice ...to DL.. lothend perhaps.. to Serdia..IP obviously,..   to guildhall!!!   love it!

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2120 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Remember, the only choice I'm offering here is whether you go to GuildHall or not and intended as a setting you change on yourself, not intended for you to decide each time. The logic for IP vs FL all depends on where you die.

#5 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Sounds good

#6 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

Sounds good in my (admittedly sleepy) eyes.

With Seridia to be nuked (or at least that was the plan last I heard months ago), makes sense to not allocate work on that system.

Also agree with having the option to spawn in guild hall so it's up to the player to ensure they respawn however they want.

Will there be topics where the community can brainstorm respawn areas as future regions are introduced? And a topic for discussing the DL respawn area?

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2120 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

What I'm proposing is intended to get extended to other regions as they are created in Alroth, So once other regions are added they will get their own respawn points. That why I was I mentioned where you die determines where you respawn, unless you have activate the GH respawn option.

I did consider putting the GH respawn option under the control of the Guild, but that covers too many people. While per person gives too much control. Decided to start the discussion that per player was the lesser evil. Of course one compromise is you can't change that setting while in UW, so if you're going to change it you must do it before you die :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users