111 replies to this topic

#101 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

View Postohmygod, on 02 October 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Will we get to use the hot air balloon for anything?
Crash and Burn?

#102 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:13 AM

Walked the AF map and found many 'shimmering' issues around the igloo path areas. Did not take note of the lag, but did find that turning camera angles was slow and jerky in some areas.

Can do a more extensive walk around to pinpoint the 'shimmers' and the jerky areas if you wish to give actual coords.

#103 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:19 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 03 October 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

Walked the AF map and found many 'shimmering' issues around the igloo path areas. Did not take note of the lag, but did find that turning camera angles was slow and jerky in some areas.

Can do a more extensive walk around to pinpoint the 'shimmers' and the jerky areas if you wish to give actual coords.

The shimmering areas not a big deal for me...however would you fight a clops' horde in those 'jerky' areas?

#104 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:16 AM

No

#105 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:57 AM

Crash and Burn?
lol, nah i was hoping for quest to open this up as a form of travel to TM4 or something. :P

#106 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

View Postohmygod, on 03 October 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

Crash and Burn?
lol, nah i was hoping for quest to open this up as a form of travel to TM4 or something. Posted Image

I think the hot air balloon's burner was lit!? You probably cant fly the damn thing?

Z

#107 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:59 AM

Hi Guys!

Note that as of today updates to Alroth maps (for access on Test Server) are being rolled out to everyone via OL's auto-update service.

More map details have been added to all maps and the shipping routes are now working. When you get the updates take a ship cruise around the Alroth Continent and have a look around.

Remember, that there are no Insides or undergrounds included at this point. Any cave entrance you find will not work and any door with a lock will stop access.

And...looking for all your comments, suggestions going forward.

Enjoy!

Regards
Z

#108 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:21 AM

For the month of November focus is on Alroth map maintenance;

Main Server - Alroth maps will undergo
- standardizing the syntax for [Location_info] names:.
- fixing 'holes' in RH and GL.

Test Alroth maps will
- complete shipping routes
- implementation a Map's Difficulty: parameter which defines the guideline for Native mob CL spawns.

Regards
Z

#109 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostZian, on 13 November 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Test Alroth maps will
- implementation a Map's Difficulty: parameter which defines the guideline for Native mob CL spawns.

Regards
Z

Updates have been completed regarding all Dwarven Realm Maps and will be rolled out to the Main Server at the next opportunity!

Alroth Shipping routes/connections are now complete...I will be uploading to the Test Server later this week.

Regards
Z

#110 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 02:39 PM

View PostZian, on 20 November 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

View PostZian, on 13 November 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

Test Alroth maps will

Regards
Z

Updates have been completed regarding all Dwarven Realm Maps and will be rolled out to the Main Server at the next opportunity!

Alroth Shipping routes/connections are now complete...I will be uploading to the Test Server later this week.

Regards
Z
Next opportunity will be after the next inva weekend unless I move unusually fast, since I don't like making updates to Main later then Thurs morning.

Also, I'm coordinating with IM's to make sure any of their .def files are fixed or not affected by the location renaming. So that adds a few delays as well.

Thank you for all your hard detailed work Z, it's appreciated!

#111 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

Completion of the Orchan shipping routes/connections consist of updating 4 Alroth Maps; Thirat (TT),  Ibohand (ID), Jerieth (JR) and Mystic Haven (MH).

These maps will be placed on the Test Server and distributed to Players (via auto-update) at the next opportunity!

At this point, all Alroth Shipping routes are now in place. Once available, please explore and provide comments/suggestions.

Enjoy!

Regards
Z

#112 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:18 PM

To add to Z's updates, over the last months I've helped him gain many new features to help him in his work. Just recently he gained a way to specify in a Map .def that the TabMap should be published even if indoor or underground. That simplifies publishing the TabMaps and reduces the risk over overlooking those updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users