191 replies to this topic

#181 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2868 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:04 PM

View PostWarlock, on 11 August 2020 - 06:18 PM, said:

remember if u dont wanna walk/CBA(hehe) type #test_list, and #test <map_id> for teleport
Yes, but walking can also help catch errors you may miss otherwise.

#182 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2020 - 09:21 PM

Hi guys!!

I'm leaving the Draegoni Realm maps for a bit while you all explore current version on the Test Server. I'm taking the next couple of weeks to do some maintenance on the Dwarven Lands maps.

I will be increasing/expanding walkable areas on each outside map allowing for more mobs being dropped into them (as L would say - hehe!).

Please take this opportunity to provide your comments/feedback on any/all DL maps so I can review and incorporate where/easily as possible.

Regards
Z

#183 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

Hello all!!

Today I explored the new maps and I only found an annoying effect. When you follow the path in the snow, the edges of the path seem to "flash" (I don't know what to call this effect).

Regarding DL maps, you could move events house to another map. I think a good option is Roth's Haven. When new players explore this map and find this house, a message could explain to them the requirements to be able to access.

Best Regards
Yulin_Old

#184 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:03 PM

View PostYulin_Old, on 25 August 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hello all!!

Today I explored the new maps and I only found an annoying effect. When you follow the path in the snow, the edges of the path seem to "flash" (I don't know what to call this effect).

Regarding DL maps, you could move events house to another map. I think a good option is Roth's Haven. When new players explore this map and find this house, a message could explain to them the requirements to be able to access.

Best Regards
Yulin_Old

The 'flashing effect' is typical when objects overlap each other and they are placed at the same height. If you can provide a map_name +
map coord at the location I can fix it.

Thanks
Z

#185 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:19 AM

The problem is this effect can be found on the entire path on any map.

For example, here a path begins: You are in Alroth:Draegoni Domain - Haade [near 145,226]

If you walk following the path you can observe the 'flashing effect'.

Thank you again for your work.

Best Regards,
Yulin_Old

#186 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

View PostYulin_Old, on 26 August 2020 - 03:19 AM, said:

The problem is this effect can be found on the entire path on any map.

For example, here a path begins: You are in Alroth:Draegoni Domain - Haade [near 145,226]

If you walk following the path you can observe the 'flashing effect'.

Thank you again for your work.

Best Regards,
Yulin_Old

Ok...i see that effect too...its not where objects overlap, its along both sides of the road and not what I thought might be. I can see this anomaly in the map editor too and  can be seen in along the edges on the normal sandy road although not to the degree on the snow roads.

I can't do anything about this effect Yulin. I'm wondering if there is a graphics parameter in OL Client 'tools' that can mitigate this effect, maybe community can provide some info.

Regards
Z

#187 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2020 - 10:58 PM

Update!

With the latest version of the Draegoni Realm on Test Server for exploration...(hope u guys are exploring), I'm close to updating Dwarven Lands (DL) outside and TAB maps by early next week and release to community!

Regards
Z

#188 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:26 AM

Update!

The updated DL maps have been released into Game as of this post. You will noticed that there are more open areas than previous versions allowing for more mobs to be dropped onto your little heads :)

Be sure to explore all Dwarven outside maps so your familiar with the changes...just a suggestion :)

I'm going to return to the Draegoni Realm maps for the rest of this month so they are available by end of Sept.

Regards
Z

#189 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

Hi Guys!

As of this posting latest versions of the 8 Draegoni Domain Realm maps (listed below) have be uploaded and moved over to the Test Server!

Ethossa, EA
Galoeviel, GV
Haade, HD
Haedar, HR
Haedrikon, HK
Hedrith, HH
Ibohand, ID
Miryweth, MW

L has initiated the auto-update procedure which distributes them to all players.

Please take the time to explore this new realm and post any comments/suggestions/etc to this thread.

I'm planning one more update prior to the end of this month making them available for release into Game.

Regards
Z

#190 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:12 PM

thanks ZianPosted Image

#191 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:00 AM

Hi Guys!

As of this posting, latest versions of the Draegoni Domain Realm maps (listed below) have be uploaded and moved over to the Test Server and are now ready for Game Release!

Ethossa, EA
Galoeviel, GV
Haade, HD
Haedar, HR
Haedrikon, HK
Hedrith, HH
Ibohand, ID
Miryweth, MW

L has initiated the auto-update procedure which distributes the above to all players and are available to preview them on Test prior to release into Game!

Regards
Z

#192 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:40 AM

Update!

Now that we are into Autumn (Fall), my favorite time of the year, please find below the status/plan for Alroth as of this posting.

Alroth 2020 Map Plan;

Dwarven Realm;
- 15 outside maps (Released in Game)
- 30 inside/underground maps (Released in Game)

Human Realm;  
- 12 outside maps (Released in Game)
- TBD inside/underground maps

Elven Realm;
- 09 outside maps (Available for Release - Jun.30th)

Gnome Realm;
- 04 outside maps (Available for Release - Jul. 30th)

Draegoni Realm;
- 08 outside maps (Available for Release - Sept.30th)

Orchan Realm;
- 11 outside maps (in Development/Test - planned Release Dec.30th)

With the completion of the Draegoni Realm maps, my focus will move onto the Orc Realm which consists of 11 outside maps as listed below. As normal, any feedback from you guys is appreciated and now is the time to post your recommendations/suggestions etc within this thread.

Acuth, AC
Coennor, CR
Crek, CK
Ethaek, EK
Gorewen, GW
Gwokin, GK
Haarien, HN
Jiach, JH
Lardosh, LH
Thirat, TT
Thomak, TK

Regards