• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

On the completion of RTG Event Map, I'm now able to focus on Thunder Mountain. Expected updates over the next few weeks;

Addition of 'inside' maps for on each TM level. Note: An Inside map for the Summit is about 2 weeks away from completion and work on the Ground Level will be next in line.

One new feature has completed testing and should be released to Main_server at the next opportunity. It will be interesting to see who discovers it first Posted Image

Lastly, sorting out NPC's and harvestables which may or may not be required.

If you have any comments, please post on this thread.

Regards
Z

#22 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

Thank you so very much for all hard work getting us these maps Zian.   It is very very very appreciated.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:46 PM

View PostZian, on 12 October 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

Lastly, sorting out NPC's and harvestables which may or may not be required.

Hrrrmm.. Harvestables are always required!

#24 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

Hi guys!

I've completed (and tested) map updates to the summit of Thunder Mountain ™ and will be rolled out to the game next week!!

Included in this update will be the "new thingy" I promised - once released go explore TM and PM me if you discover it :)

Next on my list are the inside maps for the remaining TM levels.

Regards
Z

#25 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:10 AM

Hats off to IMs for a great H-Week. I died a lot Posted Image

Gratz to SAWolf who was the first to find my 'new thingy' in TM!!

As posted last month I'm continuing to work on Insides for each TM level. Hope to get this effort completed before year-end.

Regards
Z

#26 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:55 AM

As of today, I have a new TMLG Inside map (Thunder Mountain - Level Ground) on the Test Server. I'm hoping to have this map completed and released towards over the next couple of weeks!

Regards
Z

#27 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:24 AM

Some suggestions:

Would it be possible to put sulfur in the lava in some of the spots? Would probably have to remove bits of the low lying walls?

At 212,38....see 5 doors set in the rock!  How about putting different harvestables behind those doors?  Maybe, have them be like hot houses, could have flowers, fruits?  Others could be ores and/or minerals?

How about Seridium in one maybe and other  higher level ores that we don't presently mine? Dvarium, Wolframite?

In the section where the round table is, there is also a throne nearby, maybe have a figure of Golron 1 sitting on it?

You are in Thunder Mountain - Ground Level - Gealath Forges near 214,340.  Sulfur somewhere around here?

Many shops here too.  Maybe have one be a bookseller or 2 or?

OK, that's it for mePosted Image

#28 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:02 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 15 November 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Some suggestions:

Would it be possible to put sulfur in the lava in some of the spots? Would probably have to remove bits of the low lying walls?

At 212,38....see 5 doors set in the rock!  How about putting different harvestables behind those doors?  Maybe, have them be like hot houses, could have flowers, fruits?  Others could be ores and/or minerals?

How about Seridium in one maybe and other  higher level ores that we don't presently mine? Dvarium, Wolframite?

In the section where the round table is, there is also a throne nearby, maybe have a figure of Golron 1 sitting on it?

You are in Thunder Mountain - Ground Level - Gealath Forges near 214,340.  Sulfur somewhere around here?

Many shops here too.  Maybe have one be a bookseller or 2 or?

OK, that's it for mePosted Image

Thanks Alddra for your feedback Posted Image

Way back in Grimm's day we had identified the following NPCs for Thunder Mountain's ™ ground level with the understanding that most of the Dwarf population resided there and that as they explored all the other levels would have sporadic dwellings throughout.

On map thalendale_thunder_mtn_Lv_G.elm;
- Keryl (Potions)

On map thalendale_thunder_mtn_Lv_G_insides.elm;
- Xix (Magic Shop)
-
Haergrim (General store)
- Korim (Tavern)
- Gromik (Storage)
- Jargo (Blacksmith)

At that time a bookseller(s) for DL had not been discussed. However, there are a number of Seridia Booksellers that would have to transition in Alroth at some point. Maybe rather than TM maybe have booksellers at ports of call instead.

Without giving too much info, TM ground level only has on harvestable which is Silver. Other levels within TM have other minerals up to titanium. I can add sulfur somewhere on the ground level. Any other exotic metal ores can be added as items to go find within the deep! I would like to hear from more players that trust me with hiding these ores within TM.

I'll try to put a 'sitting' statue on the King's Throne.

I'm trying to complete TM's ground level early next week so last chance for comments guys!!!!!

Regards
Z

EDIT: Dec 11th - Update
- I've managed placing a 'sitting' King on the Throne!!
- There is Sulfur somewhere in TM (lower level) and isn't too far away.
- I'll hold off with placing the higher/exotic ores for now.
- I hope to have updated TMLG and TMLG_Insides on test_server by Dec 14th.

#29 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

Just posting this to suggest a storage in Braigor.  Maybe could place him in the house at 166,293?

#30 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:52 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 13 December 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Just posting this to suggest a storage in Braigor.  Maybe could place him in the house at 166,293?

I don't control where new NPCs are allocated in game. Learner will make that determination on a case by case basis. He can clarify in more detail what information he is looking for to make that determination.

Regards
Z

#31 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2018 - 07:04 PM

TMLG and TMLG_Inside Maps have been updated and will be released to Game later this month!

Note:
The NPCs previously identified will not be added at this time. Learner will make the determination with community feedback on a case by case basis.

Next Map:
I will start reviewing TML1 regarding its inside map requirements and any other updating. If you have comments and/or suggestions, please post in this thread.

Enjoy!

Regards
Z

#32 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

Alroth Update!

Some time ago I solicited from the community Map names for the remaining lands of Alroth. I didn't receive much feedback so I've decided to name them and post the resulting Alroth map here for any feedback.

So take a look and comment please! Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

Names look good to me Z :)

If anaith fallora and the flying citadel dont get completed by Maki/butler, will you take over, or have you already?

#34 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:52 PM

View PostWarlock, on 19 December 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

Names look good to me Z Posted Image

If anaith fallora and the flying citadel dont get completed by Maki/butler, will you take over, or have you already?

Thanks for the feedback W!! I haven't seen any progress on those maps and will have to once I get to them.

Regards
Z

#35 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2495 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

The Gnome Lands seem to suit the Gnomes .... nice and small.

#36 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

TML1 has now been updated to accommodate its new TML1_insides map. Both maps are now running on the Test server for evaluation and comments.

Regards
Z

#37 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

With TMLG with TMLG_Insides and TML1 with TML1_Insides pending release, I've started on TML2 and new TML2_Insides. Hope to get TML2 maps completed early Feb. 2019!

Regards
Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users