#41 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostDeathrus, on 26 January 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

By the looks of this looks like we are going to be having tons of maps, a contient for each race? am i right

Alroth is a continent which has a number of islands off its coast. As the map shows there are maps allocated to each of the 6 Races.  DL isn't a continent, DL is a collection of maps dominated by Dwarven Race. Each race will have their own lands eventually.

As mentioned in previously mentioned in this thread all of these maps have already been created and awaiting more details to be added. Keep coming back to this thread for progress updates!

Regards
Z

#42 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:51 AM

Hi Guys!

As promised earlier this month I will have an updated TML2 map and new TML2_Inside map on the Test_server by end of next week (Feb 8th) for evaluation.

Regards
Z

#43 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

Updated TML2 and new TML2_Inside maps now running on Test-Server for comments/suggestions!

Regards
Z

#44 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:17 AM

New TAB (.dds) maps have been generated in support of the latest TMLG, TML1, TML2 and TML4 maps on Test!! These TABs will be bundled with the updated (.elm) maps for release to Main server in the near future.

I'm now working on the last Thunder Mtn Inside map for TMB1 and should be available on Test later this month!

Once TMB1 is complete I will begin work on the remaining Alroth maps. Stay tuned!

Regards
Z

#45 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:04 PM

Learner has released the following new/updates to the Main Game Server the following Alroth Maps;

TMLG and TMLG_insides maps
TML1 and TML1_insides maps
TML2 and TML2_insides maps
TML4 map
Note: TAB maps have also been updated for TMLG, TML1, TML2 thanks to Blakkat!
Have fun exploring Posted Image

I'm still working on TMB1 and new TMB1_insides maps which is taking a little longer than originally planned! Hoping to get onto Test server in a couple of weeks.

Regards
Z

#46 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:51 PM

I heard that there was a bug with TML2 to get into TML3.

[Caladina @ 6]: why cant i get into level 3 of thunder mountains, incomplete or i missing something?

[Learner @ 6]: there was a recent glitch thats awaiting restart that prevents moving from L2 to L3

[Learner @ 6]: next restart the known bug there will be fixed

To let others know that Learner usually RESTARTS the sever on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

This bug had been fixed as far as I know, just waiting for next restart.

Kind regards,
Hecate

#47 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

This bug has been fixed and in Game!

Can't enter TML3 from TML2.

Regards
Z

#48 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Update with TMB1 and new TMB1_insides maps!

he above maps are now complete and I'm working on the .def files as of this posting. My plan is still to get them through audit process and onto Test server by next Friday and hopefully into Game by end of the month!

Regards
Z

#49 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 March 2019 - 10:45 PM

Good progress on TMB1 and TMB1_Inside maps as of today!

Completed the generation of .def files for both maps and submitted them for audit (error checking). After a few iterations, both maps have successfully completed audit and awaiting placement on the Test Server for further walk throughs. Posted Image

Regards
Z

#50 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

TMB1 and the new TMB1_Inside maps are now running on the Test Server!

I've sent these maps to our IMs so they can walk thru and provide any comments/critiques before releasing to the Game.

Regards,
Z

#51 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

Map looking great, saw only one minor shimmering going up some step at [ Level B1 - Old Braigor [near 160,229] TMB1 (90)]

The many different doors and areas that you discover in your travels make the map very interesting and wondering if there isn't some more to be found:)

#52 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2019 - 03:01 PM

View PostAlddrA, on 20 March 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Map looking great, saw only one minor shimmering going up some step at [ Level B1 - Old Braigor [near 160,229] TMB1 (90)]

Fixed the shimmering, thanks Alddra!

Regards
Z

#53 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:43 PM

Regarding recent postings concerning slow...very slow, Alroth development...to be clear, many people have committed to the development of Alroth over the years. Except for the Dwarven Lands, Scarr's Raven's Island has been released into game.

With the completion of the last Thunder Mountain Insides map for TMB1 my focus will now shift to the rest of Alroth.

My initial plan is to release into Game all Alroth Outside Maps first - special request from Learner!

These Outside Maps will include basic roadway system throughout Alroth there by establishing all map entrance/exit locations,  all seaports (Number of ships/boats) allowing for players to walkthru the entire Alroth continent via land or sea.

Once we get to this point more details such as buildings/towns/cities/etc will be added. Once these maps are released to Game then Inside Maps will become the next phase to be focused on.

I continue my commitment to OL's development knowing that I'm in it for the long term.

Hope you enjoy Alroth as it grows...Posted Image

Regards
Z

#54 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:38 AM

Thank you Zian for your dedication to game and hard work. Wish there were more people to help you with the maps  Posted Image

#55 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

As always, kudos to your commitment to making the maps for Alroth.  Your dedication to doing this for us is much appreciated.  Yes, it is sad that it has fallen on the shoulders of one person to do it all alone.Posted Image

Hope you can eventually get another map maker to helpPosted Image

#56 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the kudos guys!! Posted Image  Much appreciated.

It should be noted that although Alroth has only 12 outside maps in game to this point, there are 28 additional maps that reflect Caves, Thunder Mountain levels, and the insides of all these maps bringing the total of 40 new maps to OL!

Regards
Z

#57 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:18 AM

Hi Zian,

When creating any new maps , can consideration be given to how long it takes to get to these maps from UW? eg boat system teleport pads or other creative and innovative method etc. I dont think it should take longer than 6-7min to get to any map in OL.

I say 6-7 min because  OL has some great invasion weekends and TM4 for example takes way too long to get to the top even if spending gc to use the teleport method which i also think needs to be expanded to include other points of entry to assist with traversing TM insides/levels. but as there maybe invasion mobs on the map it may require fighting through them to recover DB bag as horde may have moved since the death message.

Also can a storage be placed in TM3 to assist with failed DB recovery eg dont then need to spend another 9 min to go back down to get new gear to replace the poofed gear to continue the fight. I say this as Deuce and L love the TM4 map, and L seems to like placing the hardest mobs in the game up there for the higher level players to kill.

Ta

omg

#58 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 28 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

View Postohmygod, on 28 March 2019 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hi Zian,

When creating any new maps , can consideration be given to how long it takes to get to these maps from UW? eg boat system teleport pads or other creative and innovative method etc. I dont think it should take longer than 6-7min to get to any map in OL.

I say 6-7 min because  OL has some great invasion weekends and TM4 for example takes way too long to get to the top even if spending gc to use the teleport method which i also think needs to be expanded to include other points of entry to assist with traversing TM insides/levels. but as there maybe invasion mobs on the map it may require fighting through them to recover DB bag as horde may have moved since the death message.

Also can a storage be placed in TM3 to assist with failed DB recovery eg dont then need to spend another 9 min to go back down to get new gear to replace the poofed gear to continue the fight. I say this as Deuce and L love the TM4 map, and L seems to like placing the hardest mobs in the game up there for the higher level players to kill.

Ta

omg

Note: Soon(?) if you die in Alroth, when you come out of UW you will land on an Alroth map, not sure which map yet but it is in the works or already completed

But yeah I agree with you on the time frame needing to get to any map

#59 Zian

Zian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Update: TMB1, new TMB1_Insides and updated TMB1 TAB maps are ready to be released the Game at the next opportunity! Thanks for your inputs!

Regards
Z

View PostWarlock, on 28 March 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 28 March 2019 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hi Zian,

Ta

omg

Note: Soon(?) if you die in Alroth, when you come out of UW you will land on an Alroth map, not sure which map yet but it is in the works or already completed

But yeah I agree with you on the time frame needing to get to any map

You might want to explore Thunder Mountain and its levels. To be nasty, I don't give out any map information! Posted Image

But I get the message!

Regards
Z

#60 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 29 March 2019 - 07:37 AM

You might want to explore Thunder Mountain and its levels.
Please do someone and let me know if there is a faster way to the top from DB to TM4 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users