#61 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Just a thought:

This fireplace here in TML4 peak's Tavern should give some bonus regeneration per min to health/mana, its a nice safe zone on the map and god knows we all need it Posted Image

Posted Image

#62 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2583 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

Don't worry, I'm still working on letting the mobs change maps, specially if they know you're on the other side of the door!

#63 BlakKat

BlakKat

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Time to introduce keys to lock and unlock doors.

#64 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

As mentioned last month, once design updates to Thunder Mountain's Level map and release of new inside maps were completed, focus on Alroth's continent would begin.

Below is the latest picture of Alroth showing a 'roughed-in' road system, defined seaports, small row boats positioned and map entrance/exit points. It's understood that roadways within each map boundary can be adjusted to accommodate future details such as buildings/etc, it provides the observer with a preview of land travel across the continent.

Attached File  continent-tab.png   501.11K   13 downloads

Next step is to add more landscaping/terrain features to each map. In the short term, I'd like to be able to travel throughout Alroth by land and sea providing a great perspective during the design phase.  

Stay tuned!

Regards
Z

#65 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:25 AM

Next step is to add more landscaping/terrain features to each map. In the short term, I'd like to be able to travel throughout Alroth by land and sea providing a great perspective during the design phase.  
Zian..Does this  mean that we can get them lazy ass Alroth denizens to construct more port access (via boats) to these old (newish) outer maps (from Lothend docks) as a matter of urgency? Posted Image Posted Image Quick mention too, what is with the extra walking around to the very end of the port/dock after taking the IP/WS boat to the docks in south of WS, Can we not sink the boat in the middle and move the Lothend boat closer? :)

Also considering that there are a number of completed Alroth maps in game at present would it not also be beneficial to have a working portal room with telepad access to these completed ones on main, and the up-coming to be developed maps "place marked" but not functional, in the portal room?.

Again in relation to Alroth portal room, I believe that access for newbies/low level magic users to the portal room is available via a secret method for the current EL based portal room area, would this be a consideration for the new portal room/map for Alroth if developed? (https://www.el-wiki....ia_Portal_Room)

IMHO, I suggest the new Alroth portal room to be considered straight-up and done in conjunction with the development work being completed for new maps, in order to enhance ease of access to the current implemented maps, as we all know, without access to rings currently, the walk from Lothend (the entry point via boats) requires players to traverse several maps to get to the outer edge maps (AE, DB, RL, VL, etc), making traversing /exploring for non-joker hunter type players (eg..me for one..) tedious and not fun..(It maybe that there is quicker /safer ways to traverse to outer maps via mines etc i dunno not an explorer and don't even know where the Alroth ring seller is with any certainty... Posted Image  @ explorer players please share your info with Waterbottle for inclusion in the OL Wikki ...maybe... to help noobs like me, who get their basic information from google/other players rather than personal in-game exploration/massive amounts of clicking etc)..  that said I also have to mention Tab maps was an issue raised by several players in the initial roll out of the Alroth maps in the past, and ask, is consideration of past player feedback going to be taken into account this time round to improve on implementation of this round of brand new maps, or will it be left up to interested and skilled players to come up with bloodsucker type extra detail maps for OL to fill in the gaps that actually enhance everyday game play-ability?

Rambling now..... but keen to see how this develops....

Please do not read this post as criticism of the way things are in-game today, but as comments, observations and personal experiences of what has happened in the past, from one (addicted?) players perspective, so as to possibly inform a smoother process for consideration for future map development, access and implementation . I actually hope that you (as the only map developer currently working on OL) will notice more the things that are not mentioned, as by their absence in my posts means that they work and it is certainly great work to be commended.. kudos +100 for those things....

omg

#66 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:44 AM

View Postohmygod, on 02 April 2019 - 03:25 AM, said:

Zian..Does this  mean that we can get them lazy ass Alroth denizens to construct more port access (via boats) to these old (newish) outer maps (from Lothend docks) as a matter of urgency? Posted Image Posted Image Quick mention too, what is with the extra walking around to the very end of the port/dock after taking the IP/WS boat to the docks in south of WS, Can we not sink the boat in the middle and move the Lothend boat closer? Posted Image

Also considering that there are a number of completed Alroth maps in game at present would it not also be beneficial to have a working portal room with telepad access to these completed ones on main, and the up-coming to be developed maps "place marked" but not functional, in the portal room?.

Again in relation to Alroth portal room, I believe that access for newbies/low level magic users to the portal room is available via a secret method for the current EL based portal room area, would this be a consideration for the new portal room/map for Alroth if developed? (https://www.el-wiki....ia_Portal_Room)

IMHO, I suggest the new Alroth portal room to be considered straight-up and done in conjunction with the development work being completed for new maps, in order to enhance ease of access to the current implemented maps, as we all know, without access to rings currently, the walk from Lothend (the entry point via boats) requires players to traverse several maps to get to the outer edge maps (AE, DB, RL, VL, etc), making traversing /exploring for non-joker hunter type players (eg..me for one..) tedious and not fun..(It maybe that there is quicker /safer ways to traverse to outer maps via mines etc i dunno not an explorer and don't even know where the Alroth ring seller is with any certainty... Posted Image  @ explorer players please share your info with Waterbottle for inclusion in the OL Wikki ...maybe... to help noobs like me, who get their basic information from google/other players rather than personal in-game exploration/massive amounts of clicking etc)..  that said I also have to mention Tab maps was an issue raised by several players in the initial roll out of the Alroth maps in the past, and ask, is consideration of past player feedback going to be taken into account this time round to improve on implementation of this round of brand new maps, or will it be left up to interested and skilled players to come up with bloodsucker type extra detail maps for OL to fill in the gaps that actually enhance everyday game play-ability?

Rambling now..... but keen to see how this develops....

Please do not read this post as criticism of the way things are in-game today, but as comments, observations and personal experiences of what has happened in the past, from one (addicted?) players perspective, so as to possibly inform a smoother process for consideration for future map development, access and implementation . I actually hope that you (as the only map developer currently working on OL) will notice more the things that are not mentioned, as by their absence in my posts means that they work and it is certainly great work to be commended.. kudos +100 for those things....

omg

Regarding, what I consider 'off world' maps such as; Underworld(s), Teleport Room(s), thinking of a Chamber for the Gods, can be considered/discussed without too much impact to Alroth as a continent. So I invite everyone to give thought to these items...and we don't have to come up with an EL replacement but something unique for OL. I really need someone to work on Questing.

My focus right now, and as you'll see over the next few months, is constructing Alroth from the top > down. We have established the basic road system, next we'll nail down shipping routes, then we can talk about rings, etc.

Regards
Z

#67 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:37 AM

Regarding, what I consider 'off world' maps such as; Underworld(s), Teleport Room(s), thinking of a Chamber for the Gods, can be considered/discussed without too much impact to Alroth as a continent
I am not sure what the "lore" behind OL is but what about shrine rooms with a few telepads to other shine rooms located in other maps, this might do away with a portal room altogether. Could then zap around quickly through a few shine room to reach the map you want to get to.

I think Learner mentioned that he would like to see UW location be based on your race, or something to that effect, but could be that you go to the Shrine of your major god instead when you die. Not sure how this would work if you were starting out and godless though. Maybe that could be one of the starter quests that need doing.

I really need someone to work on Questing.
As to quests I was thinking the same thing, Need someone to work on these for sure..........

#68 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

Update!

All of the individual maps which build Alroth's continental map have now been 'roughed in' with roadways/map exit points/terrain/Sea ports. This version will be rolled out to all as the OL's client continental TAB map.

Posted Image

See Learner's recent post - get a preview of the above continental TAB map in your OL client prior to roll out later this month here;

https://www.other-li...ing/#entry21767

Enjoy!!

Regards
Z

#69 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:28 PM

Just a followup, TMB1 and TMB1_inside Maps have now been rolled out to players via auto-update!

Go explore,  Enjoy!

Regards
Z

#70 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:26 PM

Shouldn't this continent tab map be broken down into sections of race areas? If im in DL, only show the DL maps?

Great work either way :-)

#perks

#71 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2583 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostWarlock, on 20 April 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

Shouldn't this continent tab map be broken down into sections of race areas? If im in DL, only show the DL maps?

Great work either way :-)
Z needs the view of the entire continent so everything meshes together properly, plus the current client only accepts Seridia & Irilion as the only two legal continents. We are testing and updated client that can handle more defined in a continfo.lst file which could allow subsections to be available in the client instead of only the full continent if thats whats decided later.

I'm also specing out a world.def file that would allow the server & audit tools to know about the different racial regions and per region specific things, like which UW you go to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users