magic particles effects pretty lights w0w

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

How are the magic effects applied to spells, and what system is used to create them? Can any graphics system be used? What format does it need to be in? How can I make them myself to test on test or anything? (Basically applying them)

This topic is mainly for learner, but this does concern everyone... I'd like to potentially make new particles and spell effects, or create new ones for the spells that don't have them anyways. I do have my own particles soft-ware that can do a few  cool things.. But unsure of what OL's limitations are.

~Eats

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2120 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

It's all coded into the Client, and the server dimply specifies what effect to trigger. There is no system available to add or change them unless you get into the actual code of the client.

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Is there a potential way to have it available for testing? Like I could make effects, and send them to you? Just need the format file for them is all.

~Eats

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2120 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 02 January 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Is there a potential way to have it available for testing? Like I could make effects, and send them to you? Just need the format file for them is all.

~Eats
Your not understanding what I said ... there are NO FILES you can just play with! You need to be able to change the code in the Client with new code for each new effect or change, and then compile a new client.

#5 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

View PostLearner, on 02 January 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 02 January 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

~Eats
Your not understanding what I said ... there are NO FILES you can just play with! You need to be able to change the code in the Client with new code for each new effect or change, and then compile a new client.

I see. Well. thanks anyways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magic, particles, effects, pretty lights, w0w

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users