8 replies to this topic

#1 Dragoe

Dragoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMorristown,TN USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

So as ive read through quite a few of these forums posts i have noticed something that keeps coming back up but never get resolved. The lack of diversity in weapons and armor and i have a proposal of something that could could help that and make the pk/pvp scene more interesting and fun. Now im going to be point blank honest i got the idea of this from the game RuneScape but i think it could help this game grow and be a lot more fun. Ok so first we could have 3 classes of armor and with those classes are different set each better than next ranging from noob armor to high lvl armor. Now ill try to go more in depth with this idea for example you have your 3 classes of armor on the noobie level of armor you have your mage gear simple robes that boost magic a little bit then you have your range armor which could be like a leather vest or something to the nature and your melee which would be leather armor. now lets get a little more in depth now mage armor can be more resistant to range attacks and range armor can be more resistant to melee attacks and melee more resistant to magic attacks.

Now on the different lvls of armor it can range from noob to high lvl in the normal MMORPG fashion leather - dragon or something of the nature. But on each lvl the melee mage and range armor are all equal and you may be asking yourself right now how does this play into pk well im going to tell you. you go into a fight and you're wearing melee armor and you see someone in the pk map ranging you're not going to attack them wearing melee armor unless you want to take extra damage and throughout long planned fights you bring all 3 sets of armor and during the fight you continue to switch your armor to counter the other persons armor and weapon making pk more challenging and takes more skill to do. Now let talk about weapons obviously you're going to have range , melee , and magic now the problem with this system and range is in this game you cant shoot a target that is right next to you and if you shoot something and it takes you it is probably going to break your arrows and you're going to be punching them with your bow so ranging would need changed to be done at close combat also.

Now this could be done with all skills you could make armor sets to give more exp in a stat and you could make a summoners armor for pk. I hope this helps and hope something gets done about the little to no diversity within the game i want to see this game prospure i think it has the potential to surpass its counterpart but it needs more added to the game. thank you for taking your time to read this i hope this sparks some ideas for people towards adding to this game.

#2 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

#3 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

Firstly, welcome to the forums!  Posted Image Now onto to my initial thoughts:

It looks like the majority of your post revolves around armor and basically establishing the combat triangle (magic, range, melee) for armor so I went that route...

View PostDragoe, on 08 February 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

.... now lets get a little more in depth now mage armor can be more resistant to range attacks and range armor can be more resistant to melee attacks and melee more resistant to magic attacks.

For armor in particular, I think there should be more detailed stats to melee, range, magic defense. So the combat triangle might be
- Melee armor has higher defense against melee, medium def against range, lower def against magic
- Mage armor has higher def against magic, medium def against range, lower defense against melee
- Range armor is kinda weird for me to think about... maybe like medium against all I dunno don't take that as my suggestion

Then within that, I might be tweaking your concept of all being equal in that the same level/tier of each armor have the same stats for the higher/medium/lower def. So an example of armor stats at one tier is:
- Melee armor: +6 melee def, +3 range def, +1 magic def
- Mage armor: +6 magic def, +3 range def, +1 melee def
- Range armor: again hard to think about... if medium against all, +3 melee, magic, range def

...  range is in this game you cant shoot a target that is right next to you and if you shoot something and it takes you it is probably going to break your arrows and you're going to be punching them with your bow so ranging would need changed to be done at close combat also.

It'd be interesting if you could shoot in melee range but it would have an accuracy penalty and defense penalty (how you gonna defend someone with a sword while you're loaded with an arrow and bow) in addition to arrow breaking chance. If you don't have your quiver (or it broke) you can melee sure, but the melee stats of any bow aren't going to be good.

But part of the issue is not that we need to rethink about armor/weapons (I'd go out on a limb and say most here would like to see change), it's how can we implement and directly apply our concepts for OL. In the case of my post, we'd need to define a tier system and change in stats for existing armors, and also think about combat mechanics of things like mana burn, getting cooldowned, and poison and how they should be adjusted. In my eyes, the magic def would effect how much one is hurt by those effects.

Just my high level thoughts

#4 Dragoe

Dragoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostWaterBottle, on 08 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

Firstly, welcome to the forums!  Posted Image Now onto to my initial thoughts:

It looks like the majority of your post revolves around armor and basically establishing the combat triangle (magic, range, melee) for armor so I went that route...

.... now lets get a little more in depth now mage armor can be more resistant to range attacks and range armor can be more resistant to melee attacks and melee more resistant to magic attacks.

For armor in particular, I think there should be more detailed stats to melee, range, magic defense. So the combat triangle might be
- Melee armor has higher defense against melee, medium def against range, lower def against magic
- Mage armor has higher def against magic, medium def against range, lower defense against melee
- Range armor is kinda weird for me to think about... maybe like medium against all I dunno don't take that as my suggestion

Then within that, I might be tweaking your concept of all being equal in that the same level/tier of each armor have the same stats for the higher/medium/lower def. So an example of armor stats at one tier is:
- Melee armor: +6 melee def, +3 range def, +1 magic def
- Mage armor: +6 magic def, +3 range def, +1 melee def
- Range armor: again hard to think about... if medium against all, +3 melee, magic, range def

...  range is in this game you cant shoot a target that is right next to you and if you shoot something and it takes you it is probably going to break your arrows and you're going to be punching them with your bow so ranging would need changed to be done at close combat also.

It'd be interesting if you could shoot in melee range but it would have an accuracy penalty and defense penalty (how you gonna defend someone with a sword while you're loaded with an arrow and bow) in addition to arrow breaking chance. If you don't have your quiver (or it broke) you can melee sure, but the melee stats of any bow aren't going to be good.

But part of the issue is not that we need to rethink about armor/weapons (I'd go out on a limb and say most here would like to see change), it's how can we implement and directly apply our concepts for OL. In the case of my post, we'd need to define a tier system and change in stats for existing armors, and also think about combat mechanics of things like mana burn, getting cooldowned, and poison and how they should be adjusted. In my eyes, the magic def would effect how much one is hurt by those effects.

Just my high level thoughts

#5 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

Aerosmith - Dream On starts on the radio.

#6 Dragoe

Dragoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

Yes I think your armor idea would be a lot better suited for this game than mine. But my main goal for this post was to hopefully get people to discuss and find a way to add more armors and weapons that way you don't see everyone running around in the same thing and with this builds could become more diverse because of more armor options. Hopefully this post gets us farther than previous posts.

#7 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostDragoe, on 08 February 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Yes I think your armor idea would be a lot better suited for this game than mine. But my main goal for this post was to hopefully get people to discuss and find a way to add more armors and weapons that way you don't see everyone running around in the same thing and with this builds could become more diverse because of more armor options. Hopefully this post gets us farther than previous posts.

https://www.other-li...__fromsearch__1

#8 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

I am not saying I disagree with what you want to do nor am I trying to be pessimistic; I am just giving advice on the methods to carry out your end goal.

From my experience and from Kaddy's link, we rely on L buying into the idea and commenting on the progress because he ultimately implements it at the end of the day. That helps if we have a detailed solution/answer.

And also Kaddy's link is why I didn't focus on weapons :P

#9 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

I made several topics on armours and weapon concepts to address the main concern you brought up:
https://www.other-li...s-damage-types/
https://www.other-li...574-item-tiers/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users