•  

Breaking the Coordination triple perfection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Breakup Coordination? (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Swap Might from Coord with Charm in Instinct

1. Yes, lets give that a try (27 votes [35.53%])

Percentage of vote: 35.53%

2. I don't know (10 votes [13.16%])

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

3. No, lets leave Coordination OP (39 votes [51.32%])

Percentage of vote: 51.32%

Vote

#81 Nova

Nova

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

View PostJade, on 15 October 2012 - 01:46 AM, said:

View PostKorrode, on 14 October 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

View Postjoker, on 14 October 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

Korrode u just a sad jealous guy couldn't care less what u have to say nothing u have said about me is true n yet everything I said about u is. My bet is ure system will just fail the mere mention of ure system is enough to deter me and others from playing here so I won't vote against u I just will leave u to ure game with ure hater friends . History repeats itself . Have fun being a loser
Lets analyse this post shall we :D

Doesn't address any of the actual points made in the post it is rebutting - check.
Includes claims the writer couldn't possibly have confirmation of - check.
Lacks any actual argument to back up why the system it criticizes would fail - check.
Resorts to non-arguments like "i don't care what you say" and childish namecalling like "loser" - check.
Ends with the writer running away in defeat - check.

Joker is a good name for you, because you're a joke.

And your post says what? Also not being constructive and has no relevance to the topic. You wish to flame, go do it on your forums. This is pathetic. If this is the way OL is going to be, It will fail also.

Let's avoid mommying people to death here.

#82 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Korrode you probably do realise, and I don't take you for a fool, that the community 'calls the shots' - some, if not most don't have any knowledge of making a game, and some don't see both sides of the grass when it comes to positives and negatives. Some just go off whim and small ideas while others like yourself have full plans for the game.

Remember this isnt just your game, and not everyone is going to agree with just you, whether they have reasoning to disagree or not you just gotta sit down and accept it at the end of the day. You don't have to force it on someone and say 'this is the best thing since sliced bread if you don't like it you're a fucking fool', because thats not the way the world turns. In a perfect world there are unicorns and candy mountains and everyone gets along and no one goes hungry. Well, this isnt a perfect world and I don't think you should expect it to be perfect or atleast just what you want

If you're saying;

View PostKorrode, on 15 October 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

If you're not going to present good reasoning for whatever you're proposing or arguing against, then don't open your mouth. The people who do start running their mouth when they have no validation for what they're saying, THOSE are the people who will ruin the game.
Then expect 3/4 of the forums to stfu and let you run the game, which most don't and wont want.
Maybe sometimes its 3 o clock in the morning and i'm reading the forums and I disagree with what you're saying, but I'm so tired I cbf or I dont know how to phrase that I dont agree with you so I just say I dont agree, why do I have to justify it if I don't like it... and then this slather that goes back and forth because you expect reasoning and it just escalates and then people are disheartened because you got epeens and egos all over the gaff and no one knows where to go without being subdued to the same SHIT.
<endrant/>

On another note, can we all sing kumbaya around the fire please and just get along. <_<

#83 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationMelburn, Strayamate.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

lol well man maybe you should consider waiting til the next day so you can post your reasoning.

It's not immoderate to want a reason for proposals or opposition to a proposal.

As you said, this is a community project. It can easily be compared to the thousands of open-source projects that are developed by a community.
Go and read the mailing-lists/forums of any open-source project that is successful and see what kind of reaction is given to people who can't/won't provide reasons for their proposal.

Seriously, you cannot develop successful software if you're going to pander to prejudices or imbecilic behaviour. This isn't my opinion, this is fact, and if you like I can start backing it up with endless links to mailing-list discussions that'll show what I mean.
(The Linux kernel mailing list alone yields thousands of examples)

Why are you defending people who make baseless claims? It's not a perfect world, but why are you encouraging that imperfection? Why do you think it should simply be accepted?
We should all be striving to be better than that, not wallowing in mediocrity.

#84 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Sure i'm encouraging the imperfection because if we nail out all of the bumps and crap that we have addressed here we can TEACH the community without demoralising the person who made the fault of not giving a reason.

If you were really wanting to get this off the ground then you would embrace and teach. Sometimes your replies are quite... *sigh* how do I put it properly... I wouldn't say intimidating but you make the person who you replied to in the first instance feel small and like their opinion is worth nothing regardless of their reasoning (or there-lack-of it).

I'm not trying to get you to wallow in mediocrity, joker was out of order for making it a flame fest but you didn't help but fuel it and then everyone else piles on like its their place to make a comment and we end up here... (although this might not have been the problem, but sometimes it comes accross like this) if you had just said simply without the blunt "upper" tone, maybe you'd get an accurate response so people (joker in this instance) don't get their back up cause they feel they're being attacked or put below you/whoever, because I know I for one hated it when people took the "i know better" or "I'm bigger" or "I'm popular" approach (Not saying you're any or all of these) IRL or anywhere at that...

Most people here have come from EL, most don't involve themselves with the stuff like you listed, so they are limited with their knowledge and the appropriate... etiquette ? When it comes to being able to reason their opinion and base their argument.

This is a huge learning curve for everyone, so instead of making an uproar be patient

The amount of times i've wanted to tell people GTFO because they just ask the utmost ridiculous questions is beyond me already, then I think, Fair enough, they're knew, they probably have no clue, embrace and teach...

Embrace and Teachâ„¢  Spread the word.

(Just how I feel, not 100% factual, or scientifically proven or dermatologically tested or safe for babies, Strictly opinion :P)

#85 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Find me some examples of me taking a belittling/sarcastic/'nasty' tone with someone who didn't first take one with me.

#86 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

It's probably what i'm trying to say - they do it first, you do it back, back again back again... ZzZ

You do it straight back it escalates - it just reminds me of when I was in primary school... someone throws a pencil at you, what do you do? First instinct to throw it back right?

In some (in fairness the majority) cases you are 100% justified and I don't dispute that, but when it starts to escalate to a point of no return, why continue? It's just a pissing contest between two men over pixels. Same goes for joker, no need to act the douche at all. Just take the higher ground, either party can, and rise above it, we wont get no where when this happens.

Again, don't get me wrong, in a way i'm supporting you, just, maybe we can all learn something from quitting the belittling tones back and forth and what not. :)

#87 joker

joker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostKorrode, on 15 October 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Find me some examples of me taking a belittling/sarcastic/'nasty' tone with someone who didn't first take one with me.
see post #61 and #63, i took no ill tone with you and yuore attempt to correct my spelling was "a belittling/sarcastic/'nasty' tone" and in #63 telling me to :go fuck myself" so u sir have crossed the line far before i did.

#88 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

see post #61 and #63, i took no ill tone with you and yuore attempt to correct my spelling was "a belittling/sarcastic/'nasty' tone" and in #63 telling me to :go fuck myself" so u sir have crossed the line far before i did.
lol, as if your comment in post #57 isn't an inflammatory insinuation that i attempt to present my opinions as fact.
...and even then, talk about suckered, all that happened is you had your bad grammar corrected... welcome to the internet. It's funny how people hate having their grammar corrected... personally I'd be thanking people for it.

Then you had the nerve to try and claim my systems from QELServ are bad and destined for failure because development of the server stopped? Something that wasn't even in my control.

The combat system from QELServ was a huge success. You're well aware that it basically never received anything but praise from the people who actually played it, praise that has been heard in EL, OL, the unoff forums, these forums...
The QELServ forums for years after development stopped has posts from people wanting it back (they're public btw, you can see for yourself).

If you're gonna diss my system, which you haven't even tested yourself yet, do it with an articulate description of why you believe there's a problem based on the technicalities of the design. If you just try to smear it via misinformation you'll illicit the kind of response from me that you've felt in this thread.

#89 joker

joker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostKorrode, on 15 October 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

lol, as if your comment in post #57 isn't an inflammatory insinuation that i attempt to present my opinions as fact.
...and even then, talk about suckered, all that happened is you had your bad grammar corrected... welcome to the internet. It's funny how people hate having their grammar corrected... personally I'd be thanking people for it.

Then you had the nerve to try and claim my systems from QELServ are bad and destined for failure because development of the server stopped? Something that wasn't even in my control.

The combat system from QELServ was a huge success. You're well aware that it basically never received anything but praise from the people who actually played it, praise that has been heard in EL, OL, the unoff forums, these forums...
The QELServ forums for years after development stopped has posts from people wanting it back (they're public btw, you can see for yourself).
If you're gonna diss my system, which you haven't even tested yourself yet, do it with an articulate description of why you believe there's a problem based on the technicalities of the design. If you just try to smear it via misinformation you'll illicit the kind of response from me that you've felt in this thread.
umm dude that post was at st_a not you (57) which is why i was confused as to why u replyed to it in the first place.(it was in refrence to st_a post if u prefer i be more clear) if u think i dont uderstand whats going on u crazy, u and a bunch of others have alot of repressed anger at me and jump at me rabid with any chance u get.

#90 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

umm dude that post was at st_a not you (57) which is why i was confused as to why u replyed to it in the first place.(it was in refrence to st_a post if u prefer i be more clear) if u think i dont uderstand whats going on u crazy, u and a bunch of others have alot of repressed anger at me and jump at me rabid with any chance u get.
o,O

You quoted me in the post:

View Postjoker, on 13 October 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

View PostKorrode, on 13 October 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

There's a difference between having an opinion and making ill-informed statements.
when you speak youre opinion as if it were fact you make an ill informed statement.

As for people "jumping you rabid", are you really that surprised?
Radu is to blame for allowing chars to reach such an OP state that most people can't get anywhere near, sure, but you're still the guy who did it. You still became the embodiment of EL's imbalance, the example that proves the case, the name to be referenced, the char to be pointed at when we describe what we don't want to happen here. It doesn't exactly endear people to you.

Keep in mind too, I didn't even know who you were when the flames started, I didn't initially attack you because of who you are. Once I found out who you are, then sure, the flames had already begun so i just added that fuel to fire :P

#91 joker

joker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostKorrode, on 15 October 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

o,O

You quoted me in the post:

View Postjoker, on 13 October 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

View PostKorrode, on 13 October 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

There's a difference between having an opinion and making ill-informed statements.
when you speak youre opinion as if it were fact you make an ill informed statement.

As for people "jumping you rabid", are you really that surprised?
Radu is to blame for allowing chars to reach such an OP state that most people can't get anywhere near, sure, but you're still the guy who did it. You still became the embodiment of EL's imbalance, the example that proves the case, the name to be referenced, the char to be pointed at when we describe what we don't want to happen here. It doesn't exactly endear people to you.

Keep in mind too, I didn't even know who you were when the flames started, I didn't initially attack you because of who you are. Once I found out who you are, then sure, i used it to my advantage :P
i quotes u but it was in refrence to st_a, i expect the rabid dive ofc, but i think me being here is evidence enough as to how i feel , never liked pp buying, took advantage of what i was able, but dosent mean i liked or agreed with it. and to be perfectly honest, a char build like choris has equal chance of making a kill as mufo, all u need to be pro is 100magic and cap will reason and be fast

#92 Korrode

Korrode

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

and to be perfectly honest, a char build like choris has equal chance of making a kill as mufo, all u need to be pro is 100magic and cap will reason and be fast
Except Choris can be killed by any decent level a/d'er.

Plus EL's screwed magic system isn't an excuse or validation for it's screwed pp buying system.

#93 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Joker, just curious as to what your char name was on el ???

#94 joker

joker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

View Postthemuntdregger, on 15 October 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

mufossa

#95 bog

bog

• PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

mufossa

Edited by Learner, 15 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.
Video removed

#96 DonPedro

DonPedro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Sounds like a great idea to break "the Cord problem", i voted yes.

Old Don where 88 Cord  when i deleted him (i forced myself to put in like Will too, but felt every PP not in Cord where wasted),, i rember a FF figth with Baddude once, i had like 32/60 p/c, Bad had 60/32, i had more Will (due to mana mostly), he didnt spend any in Ethereality, figth where like 5 sec. then he visited hell.

I and others are doing same now, every PP we get that is not essentiel in other attribut, we put in Cord.

Just rember a soft reset option, if changes in Attribute system are.

#97 themuntdregger

themuntdregger

Official Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

View Postjoker, on 15 October 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

mufossa
ty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users