6 replies to this topic

#1 Deathrus

Deathrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTolleson,AZ

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:22 PM

Hello I was looking at the Other Life Misc Links then clicked the unofficial Other Life Wiki, I notice that the link is mistyped/miscoded. As I went there I know that the link is www.ol-wiki.ca but it came out as: www.ol wiki.ca
then it brought me to http://webhelper.cen...m/links.php&bc=

As I know the website I am just letting a know Error to be posted to everyone.

I just used the website https://www.ol-wiki.ca and it doesn't come up. can it be wrong?
it comes as: http://webhelper.cen...m/links.php&bc=

#2 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:03 PM

That was the wiki originally created by Ash way back when. Since his extended hiatus, I'm guessing he didn't keep the domain over time? It did used to exist while Ash was here so it's not necessarily incorrect.

That's primarily why I have been data gathering for the other OL wiki in the other topic in this subforum.

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1390 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:35 PM

View PostWaterBottle, on 13 February 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

That was the wiki originally created by Ash way back when. Since his extended hiatus, I'm guessing he didn't keep the domain over time? It did used to exist while Ash was here so it's not necessarily incorrect.

That's primarily why I have been data gathering for the other OL wiki in the other topic in this subforum.

he let the domain registry run out, and that one was in a blogging platform base and wasn't very easy to edit by others. The Wikia one that i started at the same time that ash made his (and which i let slip), was picked up by the good waterbottle death, here.

It was the topic below this one, so next time i would search the titles incase the info is already available, or a relevant topic is already open.

#4 BattleWizard

BattleWizard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Location-

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:20 PM

he let the domain registry run out, and that one was in a blogging platform base and wasn't very easy to edit by others. The Wikia one that i started at the same time that ash made his (and which i let slip), was picked up by the good waterbottle death, here.

It was the topic below this one, so next time i would search the titles incase the info is already available, or a relevant topic is already open.

I'd hardly say you started it since it was bare when I got there. But I will agree that WB has made some impressive changes in my absence.

#5 Deathrus

Deathrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTolleson,AZ

Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

Now it's saying:
This site can’t be reached

www.ol-wiki.ca refused to connect.

#6 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

So.... topic reset.

What are you attempting to communicate, Deathrus?

If it is that the Unofficial Other Life Wiki link currently leads to a domain that no longer exists, that has been acknowledged in this topic

If you are wondering why that domain is broken, we've explained that above.

If you think my posts related to wiki updates in another forum post are taking place on that URL, we've also explained that that is not the case but I will admit we did not post the URL to the wiki that I am currently working on (and we've been referring to). It is here: http://other-life.wi...Other-Life_Wiki  (this link is also given if you continue reading the replies in that forum post)

If it is that you are hoping the link to get fixed, I guess that's another issue.

#7 Deathrus

Deathrus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTolleson,AZ

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

ahh makes since then

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: error, solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users