[Resolved] 2 Glingor Buildings - 'Door won't open' text but can enter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:52 PM

There are two buildings in Glingor that if you click on them (icon changes to door icon) anywhere but the door itself, you'll get the "The door won't open." text and it won't trigger the movement to go inside them. Clicking on the door works as expected still.

Buildings are at [237, 323] and [144, 324]

Inconsistent with other buildings that allow you to click anywhere on them to trigger going inside.

#2 Zian

• PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:21 AM

Hi WB! Thanks for the feedback.

I've struggled with the issue of clicking on a 'door' or clicking on a 'building'. This applies to both outside and insides of buildings in general. This also applies when combining buildings to create a new building.

I would suggest players click on a door to gain entrance to whatever...this approach would make it consistent regardless of which real/fake door you want to enter.

Maybe this issue can be fixed in the future but for now, i suggest click on doors if you want to enter that door.

#3 Learner

• Administrators
  • 2156 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

I personally think when you are inside, click on the door to leave works best because it can be too easy to click on the wall by accident. Plus, the walls vanishing caoften force an extra camera rotation.

#4 WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

Just to explicitly acknowledge I read this.

I understand the conundrum and overall agree that this is not the biggest priority right now which is why I labeled it as minor. Sounds like the consistent solution long term would be to only enter based on clicking the door and not just around on or in the building.

People best learn how to click doors when trying to find shelter in invasions. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users