Reduced Playing Time for 2018

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

tl;dr Taking some classes in my free time while maintaining usual job. Decided to play the game less to prioritize any remaining free time on the wiki and any encyclopedia issues.

I'll try to keep things short, but I wanted to give people a heads up about the upcoming months for me and don't assume I am quitting or drifting away....

I've been working as a developer at a financial planning software company for 1.5 years now, during which I've gotten more interested in the field. Last month I decided to pursue more formal education in financial planning on the side and yesterday I enrolled in an online curriculum.

Moreso, I plan on taking the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam in November because if I pass, the company recognizes that achievement (and might reimburse me for the education; still in the air...), which counts towards my end of year bonus Posted Image . But it's also motivating to have an official verification and end goal to all of this. So I have a hard deadline of completing 6 courses and a final design course in 7-8 months then prepare for the exam.

I have no plans on changing careers; in fact I love being a developer (both of code and of people). This is just something I want to become more knowledgeable in as a whole.

In terms of what that means for this bottle of water and OL, I decided to remain focused on the wiki and any encyclopedia issues. Naturally, as a result of all of this, I'll be "playing the game" less. I'll still be online in small bursts, either sitting somewhere or gathering wiki data. But you'll not see me around as much, especially during the week.

#2 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

Good Luck to You Waterbottle  :)   Keep us posted <3

#3 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

Good Luck and Godspeed Wb