8 replies to this topic

#1 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

It seems many of us players failed to mention a very important aspect of the map banners in Aldath.  THEY DO NOT WORK!  

You have to click on the arch to go from one map to another.

Bringing this to your attention now Zian, guess it was an oversight on your part.

We still love you thoughPosted Image

#2 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:03 PM

I can't recall at the moment Alddra but I think the DL 'banners' were available during initial Map release.

Not hearing much response I just put them off the priority list.

We still need the arches to work as they do now as we expand beyond DL. However, once I have RI completed I'll fix the DL banners.

Regards
Z

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:22 AM

Bit late to this, but yeah, having something consistent to click on between maps is kind of essential. It's a quality of life matter, and is rather annoying since it screws over the instinct players have built over the years.

#4 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:10 PM

View Postbutler, on 01 March 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

Bit late to this, but yeah, having something consistent to click on between maps is kind of essential. It's a quality of life matter, and is rather annoying since it screws over the instinct players have built over the years.

During the design phase of DL there was no ownership or commitment to design Banners in general. Thanks to the efforts of SirDan we would still have no banners! But when the DL maps were planned for release, SD stepped up and did a great job with DL banners which I was able to place in DL maps just in time. Just a note that we don't have 'banners' for the rest of Alroth as we begin to build the continent. I'm hoping SD will step up again!!

Regards
Z

#5 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

View PostZian, on 01 March 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

<snip>
During the design phase of DL there was no ownership or commitment to design Banners in general.
<snip>

Fully aware of that, just wanted to reiterate how small a change that is, the better maps flow together (and would allow the removal of the cave entrances between say Lothend and Aldath that don't lead into a caves, just into open land). Wanting to reiterate the importance :P

#6 sirdan

sirdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNaples Florida

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostZian, on 01 March 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

Just a note that we don't have 'banners' for the rest of Alroth as we begin to build the continent. I'm hoping SD will step up again!!

It should be easier this time too if I do them as the maps are made, instead of doing like 12 all at once.

#7 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2403 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:19 PM

Z & I also talked about a way we can duplicate existing banners, and later they can be replaced with proper ones without having to touch the maps themselves. The important thing is to copy on old Seridia banner to a new name, and use the new name fo the new banner without changing it. The later we can update the E3D once we have a proper banner.

#8 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Ok...all Banners in Dwarven Lands have been activated...arches will remain activated. The updated maps will be released to the Main server at the next opportunity.

Regards
Z

#9 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

Sweet!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users