exp levels cmon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:50 PM

I think it is kinda stupid that combat exp was removed from PVP battles, except on kill. That kill bonus isn't work anything when you can hardly kill anyone with the lack of PK. Bringing EXP will have some players training on each other, rather than needing to find a good spawn, hold it, etc. It's not easy EXP, it costs a lot more on resources, and such. I think it was a terrible removal... I think it should be brought back! Why shouldn't it be? What are your thoughts?

#2 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2448 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 25 February 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

I think it is kinda stupid that combat exp was removed from PVP battles, except on kill. That kill bonus isn't work anything when you can hardly kill anyone with the lack of PK. Bringing EXP will have some players training on each other, rather than needing to find a good spawn, hold it, etc. It's not easy EXP, it costs a lot more on resources, and such. I think it was a terrible removal... I think it should be brought back! Why shouldn't it be? What are your thoughts?
Can you explain how players training on each other brings back PvP in more detail? The fact you used the term training seems counter-intuitive to call it PK.

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

PvP vs PK is different. PvP is something used to test skills, or train. So it may bring back some action in those maps, besides farming cycs for hours, or make KF of use besides during invasions. It will allow fighters that are far above cycs, and who dislike the feros spawn (many), to train on each other for some nice EXP.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2448 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 25 February 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

PvP vs PK is different. PvP is something used to test skills, or train. So it may bring back some action in those maps, besides farming cycs for hours, or make KF of use besides during invasions. It will allow fighters that are far above cycs, and who dislike the feros spawn (many), to train on each other for some nice EXP.
Keep in mind that the exp that isn't there won't add up to much. Plus that training basically is trying to encourage PVP flee training.

#5 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:50 AM

Shut up and go back to killing 30k cycs you fool.

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:46 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 25 February 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

PvP vs PK is different.
<snip>

I kinda hated that attitude in EL. PvP in every other game is what we call PK. It's player versus player, if they aren't trying to damage/kill each other, they aren't "versus" it's the equivalent of Play Fighting. Really hate some of these peculiar ideas that built up in EL.

However, there is reason to give exp in a way that rewards actually trying to kill people.

Don't think that what you suggest eats would help PvP/PK

Think what we need for variety is for the feros spawn to be worth crap, and that actually give some variety in fights. Work more on bosses. A way to help PvP i think would be to give some weapon/armour options to give some tactics, or say that magic or ranging updates promised. They kind of are all essential, as well as having some more benefit to killing others.

Right now we currently have a bunch of people who are surprised that they get killed in PvP, surprised that people might use the feature that map has. Think that afking/ not having dis rings in PvP maps is fine, and not just asking to be killed.

We have problems.

#7 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

Perks ftw, game changer right there, fuck pvp training tbh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users