• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

After much new code and a total rewrite of the wraith, the testing of the Perks System and the new Wraith code to handle X-Attrs, Nexuses, & Perks appears to be working well! In the near future an auto-update will be pushed out which will activate seeing Perkpoints in the X-Attr list.

This means that I 'm now moving on to creating the basic required code needed for proper Multi-level Perks into starting to work on the individual Perk code!

As each Perk gets coded into my private Dev environment, a separate thread will be created for each Perk before it even gets into Test. This will include the values & info actually being coded and reasons for variations from the initial proposals so people can start discussing things. Things like the progression of the effect at each level will be looked at in detail as part of this. One exception will be NMT, for which I will create a thread when I feel like it because there will need to be more discussion on that specific one and an additional Vote required to nullify a portion of the old NMT Poll.

The temporary feature of all Perks being lost & Perkpoints being recovered by logging out will be left in place to help people test the Perks as they are added to Test.

One point not discussed anywhere ... Soft Reset will NOT remove perks since it's focused on PickPoints. We need a discussion here related to Perk Removal of any sort, how we want to handle it and if Soft Reset will remove Perks does the price stay the same or not. I figure most people assume SR would touch it, but this really needs to be discussed since full builds are a pain and Perks don't use PP unlike EL.

See Also https://www.other-li...proposed-perks/

#2 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Great to see an update!

+1

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

Either stones like EL, droppable by mobs and harvest as per usual. And if you don't like that, perhaps a Perk Reset, 1x a month, same as the Soft Resets, and then those are also 15 plats.

#4 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

I'd say perks should be rolled into the soft reset. I am more likely to spend that £10/$15 for a soft reset more often, especially if my pickpoint build remains similiar but i want to try a different perk rehaul (as at the extreme ends of character building where the character isn't balance for more than a specific purpose, i.e. pure tank, mage, etc. , the perks can actually shake up that character build whilst keeping it in the area the player enjoys).

I'd also say keep it at $15, because the price proposition is then very tempting, and will probably pop people over the edge to spend that cash more, as there are more variables they may be wanting to change.

Also from keeping the options simple, as in you can hard or soft reset, compared to hard, soft pickpoint and soft perk reset, which could become unwieldy and confusing if later down the line other character building systems (such as nexuses which has been bandied around by some people, but no vote has happened).

nice update Posted Image

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

If we did do the Stone route similar to EL, one possible enhancement to dropping them would be an NPC that sells stones for gc, so to put a cap on the gc cost of a stone and allow a more gc to get removed from the game.

#6 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:34 PM

View Postbutler, on 26 March 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'd say perks should be rolled into the soft reset. I am more likely to spend that £10/$15 for a soft reset more often, especially if my pickpoint build remains similiar but i want to try a different perk rehaul (as at the extreme ends of character building where the character isn't balance for more than a specific purpose, i.e. pure tank, mage, etc. , the perks can actually shake up that character build whilst keeping it in the area the player enjoys).

I'd also say keep it at $15, because the price proposition is then very tempting, and will probably pop people over the edge to spend that cash more, as there are more variables they may be wanting to change.

Also from keeping the options simple, as in you can hard or soft reset, compared to hard, soft pickpoint and soft perk reset, which could become unwieldy and confusing if later down the line other character building systems (such as nexuses which has been bandied around by some people, but no vote has happened).

nice update Posted Image

nice update Posted Image

Just like Couscous, its so nice he named it twice

Agree with butler here, keep it simple, more reason for ppl to spend that 15 bucks. Would also like to have perk removal stones from drops/harvests, 1 perk removal stone of whatever(mirror, life steal, etc) only removes 1 lvl of that perk. Would most likely be cheaper to just spend the 15 bucks on a soft reset, but for small edits to perks, just like x-attributes

As learner pointed out, having an NPC that sells these stones to remove GC from the game is a good idea, higher markup than from players, would expect X-attribute removals to be sold there aswell

#7 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

Also, what would happen to mirror cloaks?

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:28 PM

View PostWarlock, on 26 March 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

<snip>
Just like Couscous, its so nice he named it twice
<snip>
i don't know why it did it, but I'll roll with it.

Also thought I'd copy this thread's link here because it's pertinent: https://www.other-li...rks/#entry17699

View PostWarlock, on 26 March 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Also, what would happen to mirror cloaks?

I think people will still have uses for them. I reckon, depending on how perks come out, there may be other perks higher on my shopping list because the mirror section can be handled by a cloak for me, and i'd not benefit really from any other cloak (part packs), because i rarely have the attack capacity on mobs that require a mirror for the bp the be worth it.

But i agree it will greatly devalue it to a point maybe below the bp cloak.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

While going over all the Perks in detail, I do notice one place where another possible Perk could be added because of Symmetry. While probably not useful currently, it may be more so in the future.

Defensive Mage, similar to Offensive Mage, but for defensive & healing spells. Of course those two Perks would need to conflict with each other.

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

Woot perks :)

#11 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:00 AM

Why not just give multiple options to the soft reset, soft reset pp only, soft reset perk points, or soft reset both.

#12 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostSimAnt, on 31 March 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

Why not just give multiple options to the soft reset, soft reset pp only, soft reset perk points, or soft reset both.

Agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users