• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:30 PM

Currently, the Armor is still including the Shield Spell. With the current values for Tank & Shield probably don't need to worry about it even if removing it is 'more proper'

#22 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

So i tested the perk on the test server.

There is no discernible difference with standard tanking gear at tier 3. I also have no read out, since the #arm shows only the pre tank perk levels of armour. I tested it on feros (not the most extreme, but the levels, consistency & frequency of damage and the numbers worked well for testing). I tested with a branch to negate the perk during testing, as it has no defense stats. Swords are a better option right now due to their defence bonuses than the perk.

It doesn't feel like it justifies spending perk points to be worse than with a serp. It's such an investment for very little. still think 20/35/50 would be a better set up for the tiers, it would make it more competitive with other perks and give it a point.

#23 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Okay, did more testing, what i was seeing with full iron set, was a reduction of about 2-3 damage a turn at tier 3, which isn't great for the top tier one. Was very reliably going from 10-19 damage a tick to 9-18 damage. Just tiny update with further testing.

#24 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Fixed a bug where the defense Armor % increase was only added when in multi-combat.

#25 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:29 AM

View PostLearner, on 15 April 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Fixed a bug where the defense % increase was only added when in multi-combat.

So was it only the defense that wasn't being applied, or also the armour?

#26 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

View Postbutler, on 16 April 2018 - 06:29 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 15 April 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Fixed a bug where the defense % increase was only added when in multi-combat.

So was it only the defense that wasn't being applied, or also the armour?
I meant armor, since the way I read the Defense that should apply to multi only, which is why the error on Armor happened.

#27 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

What will happen if cast offensive magic during a fight, or will perk not let you cast? asking because there are may be a couple of tank build players with no real healers about that might take turns tanking until the other regain mana/health/let cds catch up etc and not want to diss each time..is what used to do for red/black dragons, when told in local, cast a mana drain or harm spell to turn it and take your turn, till other player mana up again. or is that just too silly a question?

Sorry i know i said that i need to stop posting silly crap on forums, but couldn't help myself. :)

#28 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

View Postohmygod, on 16 April 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

What will happen if cast offensive magic during a fight, or will perk not let you cast? asking because there are may be a couple of tank build players with no real healers about that might take turns tanking until the other regain mana/health/let cds catch up etc and not want to diss each time..is what used to do for red/black dragons, when told in local, cast a mana drain or harm spell to turn it and take your turn, till other player mana up again. or is that just too silly a question?

Sorry i know i said that i need to stop posting silly crap on forums, but couldn't help myself. Posted Image
The Perk has not specified any effect on Offensive Magic, so that implies to effect on it.

#29 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:54 AM

Tank: (Only takes affect when no weapon is equipped, a shield is equipped, cannot cast offensive magic)

The old Magic system will have to be adjusted so each offensive spell is checked for this Perk (maybe I can cheat and look at the current New Magic data?

The Perk has not specified any effect on Offensive Magic, so that implies to effect on it.
huh?

#30 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

View Postohmygod, on 16 April 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

Tank: (Only takes affect when no weapon is equipped, a shield is equipped, cannot cast offensive magic)

The old Magic system will have to be adjusted so each offensive spell is checked for this Perk (maybe I can cheat and look at the current New Magic data?

huh?
Still half asleep Posted Image

Actually that portion isn't implemented yet because I will have to go into the code for every single spell, decide if offensive and then add the checking. in the NewMagic system, it's only in one place that it's needed.

#31 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

Sorry, Reread this part again myself, could cast the spell to turn the mob, then stop any dps by take sword off to get the perk effect and start tanking, so basically not the issue as i was thinking it was, even if you fix the code for it I would imagine.

Another silly question.

What is the def penalty for fighting multiple mobs without perk in OL?

#32 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:01 AM

-4 for each mob iirc

#33 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

View PostCoduX, on 16 April 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

-4 for each mob iirc
-5 per mob with the current OL settings, the proposed value in the SigmoidCombat is -4

#34 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:53 PM

I thought we had changed it to -2. Or maybe i just had assumed, as this had been brought up in many topics with suggestions.

#35 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostWarlock, on 16 April 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

I thought we had changed it to -2. Or maybe i just had assumed, as this had been brought up in many topics with suggestions.
Don't forget that this also affects how you gang up on mobs. You do NOT want -2! But there is the Dancing Perk being worked on.

#36 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

Don't forget that this also affects how you gang up on mobs. You do NOT want -2!
Yes -5 is only way some bosses are able to be hit and taken down at all. Posted Image

So with perk *max)?:
1 mob  = 0 def
2 mobs = -3 def -2 attack
3 mobs = -8 def
4 mobs = -13 def -4 attack
5 mobs = -18 def
6 mobs = -23 def -6 attack
7 mobs = -28 def
8 mobs = -33 def -8 attack

Without perk
1 mob  = 0 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
2 mobs = -5 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
3 mobs = -10 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
4 mobs = -15 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
5 mobs = -20 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
6 mobs = -25 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
7 mobs = -30 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon
8 mobs = -35 def + no attack penalty and can use weapon

In both scenarios If use def/att pot + 5 to all of these, if can find enough accuracy pots to spam  +10 to att (equivalent to) , if can find enough evasion pots to spam +10 to def (equivalent to) Pick a medallion and add +4. (I am taking gather perk Posted Image )

As there has been no new armor/weapons in game since i started years ago, I am thinking that this will not be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice as a must have perk. All this said without even logging in to test it on test server btw.

Or am i thinking about this the wrong way, and am i using the right calculations?

#37 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:31 AM

View Postohmygod, on 17 April 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Don't forget that this also affects how you gang up on mobs. You do NOT want -2!
Yes -5 is only way some bosses are able to be hit and taken down at all. Posted Image
Always more than one way to kill a boss. Enola/Giganta/Mother Goose tend to have rangers as it's better than the defence penalty and hitting.

Think you calcs are off from a cursory look,

Also reckon this perk will always be outclassed by dancing for tanking multiple mobs, and that's it's main attraction would be for tanking 1 on 1, but again, as I've stated before, a shield spell + a sword is still better than wasting 3 perk points to cripple yourself.

#38 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

View Postohmygod, on 17 April 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

So with perk *max)?:
1 mob  = 0 def
2 mobs = -3 def -2 attack
3 mobs = -8 def
4 mobs = -11 def -4 attack
5 mobs = -16 def
6 mobs = -19 def -6 attack
7 mobs = -24 def
8 mobs = -27 def -8 attack

It's a total of +8 def, not +2 def for a total of 8 mobs.

#39 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:47 PM

So you reckon it is +2 Def per 2 mob to def?

That might be a bit better.

#40 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

it should be +2 def every 2 mobs so, +8 def.
With Dancing perk reducing -40 def to -16 def this would mean that player is only -8 def when facing x8 mobs when combining these two perks, plus the armor increase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users