69 replies to this topic

#61 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:38 PM

If you are solo on a bunch of mobs then you are not a tank..... Naturally?

Really bad wording on my part - sorry; -- if you (as a tank 'build') are solo (1 vs 1) on a mob, then you could/would use your sword.... There would be no benefit from not using one.

#62 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 01 May 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Tried this out a little bit. It's hardly noticeable, with or without the extra mobs for added defense.

Wearing full iron gives you a BASE armor of 13. Gatherer makes this 15. Max armor is 20, or 22 with gatherer.

13*0.3 = 3.90 (probably rounded down to 3)  
15*0.3 = 4.50 (probably rounded down to 4)

This makes (with rank 3) a difference of 3 to 4 base armor, this DOES NOT make up for the fact that wearing a Serpent Sword gives you a +4 defense bonus. You would need 4 mobs on you to make up for the defense bonus lost from not equipping a sword, which is then further negated even IF you have the 'Dancing' perk.

The current 'Tank' style is quite hard to maintain and gain exp or level, this perk doesn't make 1 on 1 (or 1 on 2, or more) situations any better in PvP or PvE.

To make these perks more viable, I would suggest a change in the armor formula:

Current:
Base Armor + 10/20/30% Base (+1/2/2 def, -1 att per 2 mobs)

Proposed:
Base armor + 20/35/50% Base (+1/2/3 def per mob, plus 1 toughness per mob).

With 8 mobs at Rank 3, you will receive a -40 def penalty for having 8 mobs, +24 defense bonus (-16 def total), +8 toughness bonus, +8 armor (50% of base).
Stack this with Dancing perk, which reduces the -5 def per mob to -2 per mob, you will end up with +8 defense, +8 toughness, +8 armor.

The attack penalty is utterly pointless. They aren't wearing a weapon for the perk bonus to come into effect.

EDIT:
Changed proposed armor from 15/25/50, to 20/35/50%.

BUMP.

#63 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:00 AM

Agreed this perk is a waste of time and effort as it is, until we get new Armour in game. Current feed back shows this to be the case. (4 pages)

There have been a few suggestion to improve the value of this perk but that does not take into account new in game items that may OP the perk with their introduction if changed for the better now.

IIMO lets count this as a completed perk and hope it has some uses later in game development cause we can argue until the cows come home about how sucky it is now and how OP is might be later if buffed a bit now.

That also means a mob that gets this Perk will be able to benefit from more then just what it's wearing.

NOTE: at this time in the testing the negative of no Attack Magic has not been coded yet.

Bring on the Mob with this perk as it will suck just as bad for it as the fool who wastes their perk points on the perk, before we have new armor in game Posted Image

#64 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:27 PM

The No Attack Spells with this perk should be working and needs to be tested out, every possible attack spell we have currently.

#65 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:11 AM

Tank: (Only takes affect when no weapon is equipped, a shield is equipped, cannot cast offensive magic)

It seems that you can not cast any offensive magic even if you have a sword equipped i.e perk is not supposed to be active.

I didn't test anymore beyond this as i didnt think that is the desired effect you were looking for?.

#66 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:28 AM

View Postohmygod, on 27 February 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

Tank: (Only takes affect when no weapon is equipped, a shield is equipped, cannot cast offensive magic)

It seems that you can not cast any offensive magic even if you have a sword equipped i.e perk is not supposed to be active.

I didn't test anymore beyond this as i didnt think that is the desired effect you were looking for?.
Nope, forgot to add checking to make sure that tank was activate. will fix.

#67 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:57 AM

View PostLearner, on 27 February 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 27 February 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

Nope, forgot to add checking to make sure that tank was activate. will fix.
Ok, you can retest.

#68 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 27 February 2019 - 07:43 AM

\o/ works. Switches off when sword/bone is equiiped.

Tested harm mana drain poison LD

#69 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:40 AM

Tested to see if it switches back on magic when in combat and shield removed (with no weapon equipped)... it does

#70 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

Certainly not a perk that would benefit my play style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users