#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

Life Steal:
(Cannot be combined with Mirror)
(Rounding away from zero, .5 would round to 1, .4 round to 0)
Life steal 1  - 1pp - 2% of all outgoing damage healed,  -1 damage every 2 mobs
Life steal 2  - 1pp - 4% of`all outgoing damage healed,  -1 damage every 2 mobs
Life steal 3  - 1pp - 6% of all outgoing damage healed,  -1 damage every 2 mobs

Changes from initial proposal are in Level 3:
8% reduces to 6% for damaged healed
-1 damage per every 2 mobs put back in since an increasing negative shouldn't vanish just because you maxed it out.

Clarification:
The healing should be based on actual damage dealt after the targets Armor subtracts damage, not how much damage you tried to do.

Concerns/Issues:
The -1 damage every two mobs seems counter intuitive. Not only are you doing less damage it can even reduce the effectiveness of this Perk by making it round down more often. Are there other negatives that are more reasonable?

#2 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Since you are being healed a % from the damage you deal after targets armor is subtracted, possibly look at the negative being Critical to hit?

For those that don't know, Crit-to-hit is basically that you hit your opponent no matter what. Even if you had 40 attack and they had 110 defense, you would still land a hit

Life Steal 1 - 1pp - 2% of all outgoing damage healed, -1 crit-to-hit every 2 mobs
Life Steal 2 - 1pp - 4% of all outgoing damage healed, -2 crit-to-hit every 2 mobs
Life Steal 3 - 1pp - 6% of all outgoing damage healed, -2 crit-to-hit every 2 mobs

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

Wouldn't -1, -2, -2 make more sense for a negative?

#4 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

Huh? So the better the level of perk, the more negative it becomes?

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostCoduX, on 30 March 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Huh? So the better the level of perk, the more negative it becomes?
That is how most of the Perk negatives work. Others have the same negative across the board.

#6 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:17 PM

Edited original post with amends

#7 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostLearner, on 30 March 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Concerns/Issues:
The -1 damage every two mobs seems counter intuitive. Not only are you doing less damage it can even reduce the effectiveness of this Perk by making it round down more often. Are there other negatives that are more reasonable?
Even I have no idea what i was thinking. Would be better to reduce reaction type stat. Also with this negative conflict it with lucky dodger.

Also looking at the percentages, 2% of 20s per round would be less than 1 heal. way to low.

Thoughts:
Increase the percentages 3/6/9
Maybe have this perk invoke on mob death instead now that we have damage tracker.

Edited by SimAnt, 31 March 2018 - 09:03 AM.

#8 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostSimAnt, on 31 March 2018 - 08:36 AM, said:

View PostLearner, on 30 March 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

Concerns/Issues:
Even I have no idea what i was thinking.
Then think about alternatives and make suggestions.

#9 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostLearner, on 31 March 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

<snip>
Then think about alternatives and make suggestions.

Could just give an armour or def penalty instead. I'd probably lean more towards def penalty, but my opinion is relatively moot on which.

#10 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

I think an armor penalty would be too direct of a tradeoff of this perk as then you wouldn't absorb as much damage while healing a tiny bit.

I think trading off a reduction to critical to hit, as CoduX proposed, is a slightly less direct tradefoff; you'll heal a tiny bit when you do damage (e.g. when you hit), but you'll hit critically a bit less.  Could make an argument for a defense penalty, tiny heal when you cause damage but may not block an attack as much and thus be exposed to more damage after armor reduction.

But my opinions on combat are probably trash.

#11 Dragoe

Dragoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMorristown,TN USA

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

In my opinion I think that the -1dmg every 2 mobs is a fine negative you will only loose -4dmg with 8 mobs on you with only loosing -4dmg if you cant get a heal worth something you honestly shouldn't take the perk but that's just my opinion take it or leave it. Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 26 February 2019 - 05:57 AM

Bump

Concerns/Issues:

#13 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:52 AM

Life Steal 1 - 1pp - 2% of all outgoing damage healed, -1 crit-to-hit every 2 mobs
Life Steal 2 - 1pp - 4% of all outgoing damage healed, -2 crit-to-hit every 2 mobs
Life Steal 3 - 1pp - 6% of all outgoing damage healed, -2 crit-to-hit every 2 mobs

I like the alternative neg suggestion,

Lets get it on to the test server to test and fine tune

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:34 AM

View Postohmygod, on 28 February 2019 - 05:52 AM, said:

I like the alternative neg suggestion,

Lets get it on to the test server to test and fine tune
Ouch ... better not be in multi with Giganta or RD with those -2 to crits ... maybe more reasonable then the original proposed negs.

#15 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

the -2 crit is to the attacker right? Can still hit just do normal damage at worse? (might + equipment damage) If have a serp sword equipped that is only -3 to crit hit. Does attack level// dex give bonus to crit hit or just to hit?

Might suck for taking PWs down though, as i was told years ago that they only take crit damage. Not sure if true though.

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

The -2 means that the Attacker is at -2 on being able to land a critical hit. Wouldn't affect the odds on getting a crit against you.

#17 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Yes so all in all still a neg to critt hit with current gear available, and as dragoe says if you cant get a decent heal worth something you most likely shouldn't take the perk. make sure your build enhances the perk positive effect

#18 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2569 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

Yes, it is all about the build of your full character including your stats, perks, and equipment. That -2 to critical also means you are less effective against the monsters much stronger then you where you need a crit to hit them. For more normal monsters it's less of a factor. Basically to are trading off one positive (the crit hits) for another (the life stealing).

So what style of play do you prefer? That will decide if this is for you and your build.

#19 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

lets get on test :)

#20 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

Since my play style is that of a noob.....will probably never use this perk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users