Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:54 AM

This Perk needs more discussion. First read:

https://www.other-li...er-break-rates/
https://www.other-li...proposed-perks/

Since that Poll explicitly said to remove the Cape & "and never introduce the Perk", this Perk can not be worked on or implemented at this time.

What needs to be done if you really want this is to have a good discussion on Pros & Cons as well as other options and possible details, and then a Poll just to undo that other Poll to allow whats been discussed to be considered for addition.

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

personally I don't want the perk in game, don't really think a modifier on breakages should be done between players by perks.

However, the proposal is slightly different to the EL implementation which was effectively make something so essential that every player must get it that it might has well have not been a perk/cape and just a feature of the game. So i can see that side of the argument for a nerfed nmt, i'm just not a fan of that concept.

#3 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:31 AM

I don't have an idea for implementation yet, just initial thoughts. I think it'll be difficult to have this not be an essential with regular invasions in OL. But if we get to the point where we iron out the exact details of the perk, I agree a vote would take need to take place to basically revoke previous law.

Based on the wording of the original idea of the perk, it sounds like this perk doesn't take effect for 1 on 1 situations and only for multi. I just want to clarify that's what I interpret the original suggestion to be before we dive in.

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2578 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostWaterBottle, on 30 March 2018 - 09:31 AM, said:

I don't have an idea for implementation yet, just initial thoughts. I think it'll be difficult to have this not be an essential with regular invasions in OL. But if we get to the point where we iron out the exact details of the perk, I agree a vote would take need to take place to basically revoke previous law.

Based on the wording of the original idea of the perk, it sounds like this perk doesn't take effect for 1 on 1 situations and only for multi. I just want to clarify that's what I interpret the original suggestion to be before we dive in.
No, the proposal was to increase it as the number of attackers on you goes up. Since the break rate is per hit that is an aspec tof the proposed Perk I disagree with since the Perk would already affect each check.

#5 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

View Postbutler, on 30 March 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

personally I don't want the perk in game, don't really think a modifier on breakages should be done between players by perks.

#6 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 26 February 2019 - 06:01 AM

Scratch this perk?

#7 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:21 PM

I would say that IF we did say yes to this perk we should give it a negative effect like -2 armor per mob on you. so a total of -16 armor in invasions. This would mean more Heals in the end, but it will mean that at least their armor isn't breaking all the time.
Or a negative side effect like harvest materials have a 50% more chance of breaking while fighting or harvesting.

Other then that I say no to the perk.

#8 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postohmygod, on 26 February 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

Scratch this perk?

+1.

Give people who want to manu something to ACTUALLY sell instead of dumping in a school.

#9 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 07 March 2019 - 01:11 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 07 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Scratch this perk?

+1.

Give people who want to manu something to ACTUALLY sell instead of dumping in a school.

+1

#10 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 07 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostHecate, on 07 March 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostPandemiC, on 07 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Scratch this perk?

+1.

+1

+1

This some inception shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users