25 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

Efficient Mage
(proposed, can not be used with Magic Guy)
Efficient Mage 1 - 1pp -   +4% chance to not use resources or mana.
Efficient Mage 2 - 1pp -   +8% chance to not use resources or mana.
Efficient Mage 3 - 1pp - +12% chance to not use resources or mana.

Changes:
I'm proposing this Perk conflict with Magic Guy because of how both are Mage Perks and both boost mana even if in different ways.

Clarification:
Only affects Spells, if other things use Mana this Perk will not be effective

Concerns/Issues:
No negatives other then one Conflict? (added 4/6/2018)

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:10 AM

seems fair, as long as there are other perks for mages to use, which i think are coming.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Initial version is now available on Test from Wraith 2

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:55 AM

Cant help test wont soft reset the perks

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

View Postohmygod, on 05 April 2018 - 03:55 AM, said:

Cant help test wont soft reset the perks
Read ... ALL Perks are removed every time you login & Perkpoints restored.

#6 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:25 AM

read

#7 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

Efficient Mage 3 - 1pp - +12% chance to not use resources or mana.
Tested using Shield spell 124 casts 11 matter ess used my math is not as good as some but thinking 12% chance is not this
Test #2 157 shield casts 11 matter ess used

#8 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

So wording wise, there's a percentage change to not use resources OR mana? As in one of the two happens when the % chance occurs?

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

View PostWaterBottle, on 05 April 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

So wording wise, there's a percentage change to not use resources OR mana? As in one of the two happens when the % chance occurs?
The implementation that is on Test currently ... if the % gets hit, neither Ess or Mana are used.

Bug fixed in this Perk as of now, the % test was backwards.

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

View PostWaterBottle, on 05 April 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

I took it to be the equivalent of a spell like remote heal being cast, but you fail (like if you do it on an NPC), as in it takes no mana and no reagents as one.

That was my reading of it, and what i hope it does

EDIT: Learners post between when i wrote this and posted it has made it irrelevant. Hooray.

#11 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

Sorry i just used ess used by number of casts made as my indicator, and yes when perk kicks in it saves both ess and mana.

Tested 100 casts of shield spell seems like lot closer to 12% now even for this small sample

Hopefully we will have a lot more players leveling magic when perk is implemented, will cost 12% less to do so now. Posted Image

Although I did like it before bug was fixed , was kinda cool to spam Shield spell for ages and not cost anything

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:43 AM

Added a Concern/Issue to the original post.

#13 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

View PostLearner, on 30 March 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Concerns/Issues:

Must all perks have negatives? Are we going to add a negative to gatherer perk too?

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostSimAnt, on 06 April 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 30 March 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Concerns/Issues:

Must all perks have negatives? Are we going to add a negative to gatherer perk too?
Just asking the obvious question since a large number of multi-level Perks have negatives. Now is the time to talk about it, which is why I asked.

#15 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:37 AM

What other things use mana?

#16 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:43 AM

View Postohmygod, on 08 April 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

Summoning

#17 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2718 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:51 AM

View Postbutler, on 08 April 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 08 April 2018 - 02:37 AM, said:

Summoning
For now, Summoning is correct.

I phrased it the way I did so if other things are added in the future that use Mana people wouldn't automatically assume they were included as well.

#18 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

ah of course, summoning skill also uses mana through the mixing window.... doh..

I think this is going to be one of the first go to option perk for any of my future builds purely due to the cost savings over the next 1-2-3-4-6+ years I will be playing for, to reach/get close as possible to hard cap on Magic level. Posted Image

I do like the idea that some of these new perks will bring down the cost of grinding, these at present, very costly skills.  I dislike the idea of players training magic skill to 60& of hard cap (call them selves a "mage") and then start demanding to be as OP as close to hard cap a/d trainers in relation to damage output and or survivability, if i am reading some comments / responses right in other threads.

Keep up the good work.

omg

Note: Warlock is at the top of the leader board in magic skill, with less Reasoning boost to his experience gain per cast I would say.purely due to the time and effort he has spent playing the game so far...even if combining different skills to achieve this result., I would prefer to be seeing a "healer" class be more achievable/viable/survivable/OP? at lower skill level and be calling for this early on in future Magic development in OL than have the focus be on, low skill level high damage output dealing "mages" as OP healing can make the difference between walking from UW 1 and 100 times for the assembled team/tanks trying to take down the high level / uber mobs developed for this game in a team PvE setting so far. My further two cents worth of thoughts added for free....

#19 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

Asking for something to be overpowered is a bit daft. Just picking that phrasing, if it's overpowered then it fucks the rest of the game balance, as much as there is.

Also considering how badly Harm has been nerfed, so that a double cast Harm does very, very little, damage. Also find it odd to be targeting mages, since the vast majority of them do focus on healing. I also believe the entirety of what your saying can be pointed towards the Offensive Mage and Defensive Mage perks, and the xattris that aren't fully built, but that you can already see print out of in #cross.

Theres also some confusing stuff in terms of exp given for magic, as i have a higher rat level, and receive a fairly significant amount less in magic exp from a very quick little test me and wl did./

View Postohmygod, on 09 April 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

<snip>
I do like the idea that some of these new perks will bring down the cost of grinding, these at present, very costly skills.  I dislike the idea of players training magic skill to 60& of hard cap (call them selves a "mage") and then start demanding to be as OP as close to hard cap a/d trainers in relation to damage output and or survivability, if i am reading some comments / responses right in other threads.
<snip>
I'm very confused by this bit of the quote. I can't quite follow what you are trying to say because it's a bit jumbled up. From what I can gather, you're saying level 60 mages are OP, which i find a bit odd since you can shut down pretty much any mage with MI (will include here a good video holosko took that showed how much RAT shut down DueCE with MI). Magic atm is kind of broken in lots of ways.

#20 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:51 AM

shhh killing mobs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users