12 replies to this topic

#1 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:19 AM

So I was thinking of new ways to reward the player, not making it boring & to possibly bring in more social interaction and here is what I suggest.

Quarterly Loot Drops

So basically, a bag forms (similar to the mercury bags found in KF), once every 6 real life hours. In that bag is an assortment of random items, which the player can loot if he/she is lucky. I would also like to see some rares can be found in that bag (not necessarily big whole items like serpent swords or mirror capes) but rather smaller things, but still significant like serpent/binging/attribute stones, enriched essies, matter congloms, bars, heaps of rings etc.
This could even be a nice opportunity to bring in some new armours/weapons into the game to be make-able, but some of their ingredients can only be found in loot drops.

To make this more interesting, I would like to propose the loot drops to be only found in a PK map. This heightens the risk vs reward, brings back PvP/PK, and anybody has the chance to get that loot drop. Even mixers/harvesters can use an invis pot/spell and bypass potential threats to 'snag' the drop. Imagine a team of MVP vs 42 fighting over that drop...Posted Image

I do not wish for it to be too rare (once a day) or too common (once an hour or two) so I feel that once every 6 real life hours is close to fair. Adjustments could be made ofc..

Possible things to think about..

- Map not able to ring/teleport out of..you have to make your way back out of that map to another, otherwise it would be near impossible to contest for the loot drop from a player who has taken the loot drop first if they are able to instantly get away.

Suggestions?

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Maybe another suggestion would be to have the map single combat.  It would be only one on one pvp to give the attacked party a better chance to get away.
Sounds like a possible idea. That would be a fun event too.
If the looter dies, s/he would still retain some of the lootPosted Image. They could still end up with the best of the dropPosted Image

#3 Bat17

Bat17

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:59 AM

Sounds a nice perk for a few high lvl fighters who will dominate it in the same way as Hydro in EL. May be there should also be a chance that the bag will blow up when touched killing whoever tampered with it. That should also heighten the Risk v Reward for high lvl fighters as well as for mixers :-)

#4 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

How do I eat?

Imagine a team of MVP vs 42 fighting over that drop...Posted Image
Real pkers players/guilds don't care about "community rules" and will gladly take your stuff and spoil your weekend.(...each and every weekend..and laugh their heads off while doing it..cause pissed off players will make their way back to pk maps just to try and pk you . spawn serping was a legit tactic too i believe to get people to come play,,way off topic now.) careful what you wish for. Pk is dead and be thankful for it. Better to concentrate on making pve better in OL than waste coding time on this. imho

edited

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2257 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:36 AM

Something to think about once we have a lot more players, right now it'd just free stuff so low priority.

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostCoduX, on 15 April 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

<snip>
So basically, a bag forms (similar to the mercury bags found in KF), once every 6 real life hours. In that bag is an assortment of random items, which the player can loot if he/she is lucky. I would also like to see some rares can be found in that bag (not necessarily big whole items like serpent swords or mirror capes) but rather smaller things, but still significant like serpent/binging/attribute stones, enriched essies, matter congloms, bars, heaps of rings etc

I'd say no finished mixables, only constituting parts. Also I think I might have been the only one to die going for mercury bags for a long time, as i went in naked during and invasion and taunted wl whilst doing so. It's not really going to be competed over for very long, I suspect, as people will get distracted and just run through to grab the things.

I'd also say the having it bag based might not be the best way of implementing something like this, I'd say something along the lines of scarrs idea of a king of point to hold that gets broadcasted once it will be having items, and prints out on @@6 when it's being contested, so people can mobilise on it for the loot.

This could even be a nice opportunity to bring in some new armours/weapons into the game to be make-able, but some of their ingredients can only be found in loot drops.
We need constitute parts to drop and mobs only, at least some, for some higher end equipment.

To make this more interesting, I would like to propose the loot drops to be only found in a PK map. This heightens the risk vs reward, brings back PvP/PK, and anybody has the chance to get that loot drop. Even mixers/harvesters can use an invis pot/spell and bypass potential threats to 'snag' the drop. Imagine a team of MVP vs 42 fighting over that drop...Posted Image
ehhhh... argument that it'll bring back PvP for just bag drops might be a bit of a stretch, and i'd assume at this point that pretty much anyone without a strong a/d build, which is a fair portion of the game, including top a/d ranks, would just try to sneak it. A large flaw i think with this is having it bag based, if the aim is to have it encourage PvP

I do not wish for it to be too rare (once a day) or too common (once an hour or two) so I feel that once every 6 real life hours is close to fair. Adjustments could be made ofc..
appropriateness of timezones would rely on what exactly is goign to be dropping.

View PostAlddrA, on 15 April 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Maybe another suggestion would be to have the map single combat.  It would be only one on one pvp to give the attacked party a better chance to get away.
Kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it. I'd also say single combat pvp, if you're doing it right, it's harder to get away if there are two people versus you/summoning, as they should be summoning a lot to catch you on diss and the other guy can concentrate on catching you on this and making sure you can't get away. It's the same reason why if you're in a thick horde in a sc map, you will almost always be immediately caught on diss, compared to a mc map where you can get 8 mobs around you to help shield you from the rest of the horde.

View PostAlddrA, on 15 April 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Sounds like a possible idea. That would be a fun event too.
If the looter dies, s/he would still retain some of the lootPosted Image. They could still end up with the best of the dropPosted Image
That would depend on drop chances but tbh, that shouldn't be relied on.

View PostBat17, on 15 April 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

Sounds a nice perk for a few high lvl fighters who will dominate it in the same way as Hydro in EL. May be there should also be a chance that the bag will blow up when touched killing whoever tampered with it. That should also heighten the Risk v Reward for high lvl fighters as well as for mixers :-)
Very little risk to mixers at all in general, isn't there?, you go harv pretty much entirely safely everything, and sit in sto for the rest of the time. Only one item you can't harv without opening yourself to pk, turquoise.

So, question, why should mixers be able to get all their ingredients without any risk. How does that make sense economically, making a portion of you game entirely self sufficient, not requiring much trade. As has been repeatedly stated by people like Korrode, panda, others, you need to have drops exclusive to fighters that mixers need to trade for. Right now, fighters are really the only ones risking, since they are the only ones really risking equipment, and burning through large amounts of materials, and the only ones really dropping things.

Maybe look at other games and how they work, maybe look at how to build an economy

View Postohmygod, on 15 April 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

<snip>
Pk is dead and be thankful for it. Better to concentrate on making pve better in OL than waste coding time on this. imho

Game is pretty much been dead for at least 4 years if you consider it objectively, with concurrent players of 10-20. PvP can really help keep a game going and increase longevity of a game, as instead of fighting dumb mobs, you end up fighting and outwitting dumb players and being outwitted by more tactical players. Guild Wars 2 is a great example of a competitive PvP scene making the game exceptional alongside it's PvE world bosses and jumping puzzles.

This game really, really needs a shit load of changes to actually make it more than just a curio. So much in terms of game structure is not balanced, and it should not have been "launched" without completely stripping out all items stats, nexus, and attris, sitting down, and thinking through and building the basic materials from scratch to be cohesive and set up a sensible economy.

#7 Zian

Zian

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

So I was thinking of new ways to reward the player, not making it boring & to possibly bring in more social interaction and here is what I suggest.

Quarterly Loot Drops

So basically, a bag forms (similar to the mercury bags found in KF), once every 6 real life hours. In that bag is an assortment of random items, which the player can loot if he/she is lucky. I would also like to see some rares can be found in that bag (not necessarily big whole items like serpent swords or mirror capes) but rather smaller things, but still significant like serpent/binging/attribute stones, enriched essies, matter congloms, bars, heaps of rings etc.

Possible things to think about..

- Map not able to ring/teleport out of..you have to make your way back out of that map to another, otherwise it would be near impossible to contest for the loot drop from a player who has taken the loot drop first if they are able to instantly get away.

Suggestions?

Sounds like JOKER to some degree, no? Not sure a loot bag can stick around before poofing?

Z

#8 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

Pk is dead and be thankful for it. Better to concentrate on making pve better in OL than waste coding time on this. imho

Game is pretty much been dead for at least 4 years if you consider it objectively, with concurrent players of 10-20. PvP can really help keep a game going and increase longevity of a game, as instead of fighting dumb mobs, you end up fighting and outwitting dumb players and being outwitted by more tactical players. Guild Wars 2 is a great example of a competitive PvP scene making the game exceptional alongside it's PvE world bosses and jumping puzzles.

Guild Wars 2

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The low level cap of Guild Wars (20) has been replaced with one at 80, which the developers state strikes the correct balance between allowing for character development and avoiding forcing players into the grind-based gameplay that too often accompanies a high level cap,[17] the elimination of which was a core design principle of the original Guild Wars. Player versus environment features a scaling system that lowers the players level and stats to reflect the levels of monsters, thereby maintaining a global level of difficulty. In player versus player, a player will have access to almost all skills and items, and compete at the fixed level 80,[18] so that all players will be on a level playing field.

i suggested in another topic that players wanting to do pvp have an instant alt character with fixed skill levels and OA/PP.

This would make balancing pvp a lot easier in the long run and get people pvping straight away, without the "grind" and on an even footing. Keep the grind for PvE by all means as that is what makes this game fun for me.

Allowing muti play to gear these "tailored pvp alts" (p2p?) from main might need to to be considered. Could go one further and  have them pvp_able on all maps only against other (p2p) pvp alts. (Plats could be used for this?)

2am here and supposed to be sleeping pressing post.....

omg

#9 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Could have strongboxes which take time to lockpick, once youre finished a few bags spawn near the box

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

View Postohmygod, on 15 April 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

<snip>
Allowing muti play to gear these "tailored pvp alts" (p2p?) from main might need to to be considered. Could go one further and  have them pvp_able on all maps only against other (p2p) pvp alts. (Plats could be used for this?)
<snip>

At that point it might as well be an entirely different game tbh. GW2 does a bit of tinkering with abilities and such when you go into pvp, and you have the exact same character. I'm just wondering if some of you people actually play games at this point because things like this kind of fly in the face of any thoughtful design or anything learnt by the industry in it's nearly 50 years of existence.

St_arcane had a much more elegant solution in terms of bronze armour being a pk type of armour, to make pvp more accessible, and balanced.

Also, having played multiple MMOs, GW2 isn't awfully grindy, being persistent and that you can get to the 80 cap in 3 weeks. You can get to the OL soft cap in 3 weeks... Also, in PvP in GW2, it lets you use all equipment and abilities, but if you haven't hit that cap, and you don't have those items, guess what, you're still at a disadvantage to those that have, because you have worse versions, at least in terms of equipment. There is some pay off to having done more grinding. Not necessary, but not irrelevant. Love the use of Wikipedia though, just doesn't stand up when you know the details or any context for what you're talking about (and that's from me only doing pvp once in gw2, i'm sure other players here with much more experience in that game can shred that apart much more than i can).

I also would forsee those alts being abandoned quickly because it would get stale almost immediately, and it really just being a shit version of the PK Server. Would you play with those? Do you think anybody would? I wouldn't, I'm pretty sure those PvPing wouldn't, i really don't know who that would be trying to appeal to.

View PostWarlock, on 15 April 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Could have strongboxes which take time to lockpick, once youre finished a few bags spawn near the box

I like that, could be requirement based, so things needed to break into the strong boxes changes over time.

#11 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:51 AM

I need to stop spamming forums and stop talking shit, :)

#12 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

View Postbutler, on 15 April 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

This game really, really needs a shit load of changes to actually make it more than just a curio. So much in terms of game structure is not balanced, and it should not have been "launched" without completely stripping out all items stats, nexus, and attris, sitting down, and thinking through and building the basic materials from scratch to be cohesive and set up a sensible economy.

^

@Learner, would you be willing to let someone work on a 'stripped out' version?

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2257 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:37 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 16 April 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

View Postbutler, on 15 April 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

^

@Learner, would you be willing to let someone work on a 'stripped out' version?
Remember I'm using licensed software which restricts exposure of the code and wouldn't allow a 2nd server to be running to test out the stripped version etc. You're better off writing a clean version like themunt was tring to or just making a totally new game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users