#21 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

View PostKaddy, on 23 April 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Wow I got sad because I missed this topic. And not counting my name in long-term players broke my heart Butler. Posted Image
<snip>
that’s why as Sia guild masters we all play EL now.
And I am broken hearted I don't come close to being a Sia guild master ;.;

#22 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2318 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

View Postbutler, on 23 April 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostKaddy, on 23 April 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

Wow I got sad because I missed this topic. And not counting my name in long-term players broke my heart Butler. Posted Image
<snip>
that’s why as Sia guild masters we all play EL now.
And I am broken hearted I don't come close to being a Sia guild master ;.;
Now you are really getting off topic!

#23 kav

kav

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Your biggest problem is treating this game like a polished product. OL development has been pussyfooting around ideas for years worrying about balance and bullshit with never ending worthless polls. Implement shit to the main server, have your player base test them and then use ACTUAL feedback to hot fix the shit.

#24 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

Implement shit to the main server, have your player base test them and then use ACTUAL feedback to hot fix the shit.

Rollbacks kinda suck though.

And heya kav

#25 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1349 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:46 AM

View Postohmygod, on 24 April 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

<snip>
Rollbacks kinda suck though.
<snips>
May I draw your attention to the update that reduced rationalities effectiveness rather dramatically that happened a few years ago (i believe in anticipation of magic update but meh).

I mean, look at the current attris and such, some of their strengths are going to be changed and hotfixed in relation to proposed magic/summoning/ranging updates.

You also get far more eyes and people on to test something on the main server (and it doesn't half end up being the same 4 people testing things on the test server)

If breaking the main server is a concern, it's been broken dozens of times, sometimes multiple times in a week.

View Postkav, on 24 April 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

<snip>
never ending worthless polls.
<snip>

tbh i don't like the need to pay for the polls, I reckon instead of the random quality of customs we should have tried to make skins to sell, and get polls free so we can gather more opinions from them. There are things such as how perks will soft reset that aren't polls that ought to be.

Way polls are dealt with kind of hamstrings itself, if you're going to use them, you need to gather the opinions multiple times to make more informed decisions than a random once off thread where some people will vote without any real consideration.

In terms of finished product, OL feels like a pre-alpha/alpha

#26 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:34 PM

Read every post. In 2012-13 everyone was excited, 5 years later this is what it has become.  Butler has some very good points, however this has been brought up in  2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & now 2018. As far as "Player Driven", I can't remember the last time we had a poll, where we actually carried out what was voted on.....maybe when we went to the attribute system idk. As for "IF I won the Lottery". I would just buy the game Hire real ADULT Game programmers with master degrees, & on a side note-- Max out Both Fai & I on all attributes lol & tell the "hackers"(programmers) to get it ALL done in 6 months.  Then buy EL and close it down :D but that's me

#27 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:16 AM

View PostGypsyNomad, on 29 April 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

Read every post. In 2012-13 everyone was excited, 5 years later this is what it has become.  Butler has some very good points, however this has been brought up in  2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & now 2018. As far as "Player Driven", I can't remember the last time we had a poll, where we actually carried out what was voted on.....maybe when we went to the attribute system idk. As for "IF I won the Lottery". I would just buy the game Hire real ADULT Game programmers with master degrees, & on a side note-- Max out Both Fai & I on all attributes lol & tell the "hackers"(programmers) to get it ALL done in 6 months.  Then buy EL and close it down Posted Image but that's me
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users