butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostLearner, on 01 May 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

<snip>
Nothing from stopping you from talking directly to the people who you think have an ugly design, or to give them a hand for a better one.either.

Issue is that those people like their designs, and don't care that it doesn't look like it belongs anywhere in the game. There are also a large number of people in the game that don't understand constructive criticism, and won't care for say, me pointing out that there is no aliasing between your design and the capes texture, or that it's too noisy, or that simply putting a layer of a colour over a current armour texture doesn't make it look like it belongs in the world.

You can see how defensive people are in the thread above, including people i said had a customs that "set the bar" to what they should be: This community hasn't got the same sense of give and take that would make that suitable.

I'd say even just switch the customs mirror to be off by default tbh until it can have a proper system of making sure customs are up to snuff, mostly due to the issue that a bad custom, seen by a new player early on will make a horrible impression for the game.

Tbh, also thinking of it now, i'd say Utuk, if he would want to, would be a perfect guy to kind of look at customs and make them fit: I know he was looking into the current standard textures at one point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users