23 replies to this topic

#1 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1200 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:37 PM

I would like to ask if we can put the mirror cape onto the cape NPC. The player market price of a Mirror cape is just absolutely ridiculous vs the drop rate vs the break rate. Is almost unheard of to get a mirror cape as a drop and most break too easily!
I would like to ask for an adding price of at least 200K to buy one, as this will allow those to not over-sell their capes into the 400-500K range which is just stupid for something that breaks like glass.

Nothing should cost over 300K in this game!

As well as allowing those who have the gc to be able to buy one if needed, it is also a beautiful gc sink, as majority of the fighters do want and need one to tackle the hard mobs and bosses like GM/RPF's and more recently actual Giants......
Those that get theirs from ultra rare drops are just lucky. But it will set a price standard that is in a semi-affordable range to players. It is a fighters dream to own a mirror cape.

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostCoduX, on 01 May 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

I would like to ask if we can put the mirror cape onto the cape NPC. The player market price of a Mirror cape is just absolutely ridiculous vs the drop rate vs the break rate. Is almost unheard of to get a mirror cape as a drop and most break too easily!
I would like to ask for an adding price of at least 200K to buy one, as this will allow those to not over-sell their capes into the 400-500K range which is just stupid for something that breaks like glass.
the 200k pc i remember being an inflated price by someone who had found a few, and had bumped it up from 150k. I do agree, there needs to be some way to devalue the mirror because people just keep inflating the price and stock piling them, so when they do go out of game via breakages, it's kind of bollocks to replace. I'm not sure how many Warlock/Kaddy have broken, but I have broken at least 3. It's a dire situation.

Nothing should cost over 300K in this game!
Would argue processed things like the glowy sword can be more, simply due to the books rarity (and you need 3 of the rare books to be able to make one sword) + the number of high end resources pumped into them. But using glowies as an example, their pc has gone down due to them being more abundant now, which really we should want from mirrors, so they keep changing hands.

As well as allowing those who have the gc to be able to buy one if needed, it is also a beautiful gc sink, as majority of the fighters do want and need one to tackle the hard mobs and bosses like GM/RPF's and more recently actual Giants......
Those that get theirs from ultra rare drops are just lucky. But it will set a price standard that is in a semi-affordable range to players. It is a fighters dream to own a mirror cape.
200-250k per mirror would sink so much gc, and its a bit of kit that targets mostly the players with the most gold and resources, so the people L really wants to get gc dropped out of game from. It's effectively a giants fighting book that people will buy repeatedly. It's good. (It's also not really screwing those with mirrors as a drop, since it's still a nice bit of pocket money)

#3 GypsyNomad

GypsyNomad

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:14 PM

Lets have a Poll, after a week, then implement it but do NOT change anything else in game Learner!!! I know this can be done and then we can def Big bosses much easier for the 3 bones & 500 gcs :D

#4 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

I had 5, did not break any and used it alot.

Did not have any of those 5 by drops. I paid for every single mirror I had.

#5 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostKaddy, on 02 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Yeah but you're the exception bro, you did stuff none of us had ever done before lol & there are no mirrors being dropped or selling since you left. Think only mirrors are from joker since.

#6 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

View PostCoduX, on 02 May 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

View PostKaddy, on 02 May 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Yeah but you're the exception bro, you did stuff none of us had ever done before lol & there are no mirrors being dropped or selling since you left. Think only mirrors are from joker since.

Yeah because L is stupid.

No sane person would make a game feature that rare that it doesn't even get used because of people are too worried to break. It's a lose lose.

#7 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

im on around my 12th mirror breakage right now

yes, i fully agree to this idea. caps the sell price, and gc sink. do it.

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

IIRC, Korrode made a very good thread at one point which basically outlined that you should be able to replace any bit of gear in a week (gold wise, etc.). Think there's a good point at the heart of that in terms of balancing these rares and the time sink into getting them.

If you want exceptionally rare items, should do it with big flashy variants of current weapons, say a very sexy version of current items with only minor tweaks.

#9 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:59 AM

Why not make everything buyable from NPCs and move them closer to Stores?

I would be buying more ess and pots from them if i didnt have to mule each time. Keep the flower buying npcs far if you like move the others closer imo

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

View Postohmygod, on 03 May 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

You need that have items you need to acquire from players to make sure gc keeps moving between them, and position NPCs prices and accessibility so that players pricing is competitive, and has advantages over the NPCs (considering there is no quality differences between NPC/player made kit).

Ideally, you should have items that require mixing for fighting, and fighting for mixing. Former is pretty well dealt with the game, latter not really, as all drops (excluding low level furs) can be obtained by harvesting, so we don't have that lovely economic structure.

I would be buying more ess and pots from them if i didnt have to mule each time. Keep the flower buying npcs far if you like move the others closer imo
Yeah, but there needs to be a reason to go for players instead, and one of those is convenience. They can meet you at storage and sell you extremely large quantities. If you made the NPC all much closer to the storages, you're devaluing player's products/services. The times for hauling as well aren't extortionate for the vast majority of items, even for pots or ess from WS>NC, it seems solidly placed.

Now the difference with the Mirror, is that currently, the rarity versus it's break rate is problematic, and it has been the source of probably the largest amounts of inflation over time, whilst most other items in game have had some deflation due to more drops or more people being able to mix the items. Making the mirror buyable, say from Victor, for 200k-250k acts as a cap on it at a fairly large price, would bring a number more into the game, and likely over time to compete with that, their may be some deflation of the mirror into the mid-high 100ks. This topic is effectively targeted towards fixing the economic problem of mirrors, as they have been off for a bloody long while.

#11 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

My time zone there is usually 2 players on. I buy my ess and most pots if none on Guild NPC from the shop NPC.

By ALL i also meant serpstones EFEs bindings  etc Not just mirror capes. NPC can charge the rip off rate higher than player  and take my gc out of the game...., and stating obvious I prefer to buy from player or a guild NPC but other guilds dont stock theirs (I also note they are closer to storage too, how does that work, did they pay more?)

ADDED: Potions and ess are for sale on NPCs already how is that effecting the player to player sales in game at moment? moving them closer to storage's would not make a difference i reckon.

Back on topic, yes agree sell capes on npc

#12 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

Serpent stones and Enriched essies being bought from an NPC I don't agree on..having rare ings to make rare items is what separates them from being just, well, common. Having something like a serpent stone for example, only found very rarely from a monster drop or a harvesting chance is good because it makes the player get out there and search for said rare.
Whereas Mirror cape is just dumb because we already have a bunch of capes that are sell-able from an NPC, and because of the extreme rarity of it and fluctuation in price, it is almost non-existant market for it when it is arguably one of the most sort out items in the game.

#13 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

I'd also make a distinction with artificers, as they can't really leave the game, as they are a mixers cape: They don't really risk breaking or dropping and poofing, so keeping them drop only is more sensible.

Passive camou isn't an essential cape, but is a nice thing to have, and as such, is a nice thing to get as a special drop, and doesn't need to be NPC buyable.

Enriched Essence essentially keep the price of armour stable, are a nice reward for players, and if sold on NPC, because they are relatively cheap at 8-10k, they'd very quickly dip a few K in pricing due to the huge influx you would get from the NPC. Same thing happens with serps, so far they are the closest thing we have to an ingredient that's easier to get fighting than mixing.

There is a difference with mirror due to the fact it sometimes goes into hyperinflation. I've seen it boost from 100-150k to 200k to over 300k, and some people have asked for 500k+. That isn't stable, and considering it's the only way to kill some bosses, it's a bit of a fuck you.

In terms of closer to storage: Time = money. The hauling from the NPC makes you want to buy from players more, because it's easier and takes less time. It's a positive for the players, and the NPCs are there as a last resort or emergency vendor. I have told you why it makes a difference, and you have said why it makes a difference:

I would be buying more ess and pots from them if i didnt have to mule each time.
<snip>

View Postbutler, on 03 May 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

<snip>
Yeah, but there needs to be a reason to go for players instead, and one of those is convenience. They can meet you at storage and sell you extremely large quantities. If you made the NPC all much closer to the storages, you're devaluing player's products/services. The times for hauling as well aren't extortionate for the vast majority of items, even for pots or ess from WS>NC, it seems solidly placed.
<snip>

Also, CoduX is in your timezone, as is Utuk.

Please reread thread, see the posts above, understand why mirror has been singled out. It's got hyperinflation, it's volatile, and don't apply the same logic to stable items. This is an MMO. There needs to be items you are required to trade for, there needs to be items between specialities you need to trade for, and you can't just have everything on NPCs. Putting all shops near storages defy conventions in place in pretty much every RPG or MMO I am aware of. And those conventions are there for a very good reason.

#14 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Gonna steer this back so we can progress further to making this a reality. If we want to discuss questions that are independent of the proposal, there's room to create topics to discuss that. Not trying to directly call people out; I just want to keep us on track here.

I think it should be purchasable from the NPC. Basic MMO concept: want to limit price? Have an NPC sell it then players won't really go above that price.

What it boils down to in somewhat of a poll form:
Do you think mirror capes should be purchasable from NPC?
If mirrors were purchasable, what price/price range would you set the price to be at?

Based on the upvotes and responses, this is clearly something a lot of people want/care about. Honestly all we need to iron out is how to poll people about the price it should be at. Unless L is against this idea, I think this is probably the clearest thing we got to poll material right now.

#15 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

I agree with Waterbottle.

Yes
No

If mirrors were purchasable, is 200K fine as a price?
Yes
No

How does this sound to everybody?

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

View PostCoduX, on 03 May 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

I agree with Waterbottle.

Yes
No

If mirrors were purchasable, what price/price range would you set the price to be at
<100K
100-150K
150-200K
200K-250K
250K+

How does this sound to everybody?
With the number of active players in the forums, way too many options on pricing. maybe just give them one price or not on the NPC?

#17 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

[00:09:14] [PM to KaddyS: so how much for mirror]
[00:09:22] [PM from KaddyS: they usually go for 300kish]

He bought 5 from players I think

Supposed to not effect player sales/prices I thought?

Edited removed waffle

#18 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2795 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:48 PM

I've been seeing offers of trading EFE's as part of buying what they make recently. EFE's after all are much easier for persistent players to get then Mirrors. Just need to keep mixing FE or see if you get lucky with a drop!

#19 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Disregard my previously posted comments I want cheap mirrors for PvE, and will be voting the lowest price.

#20 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

updated poll practice post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users