A Spawn Group is the smallest level that IM's define to be used for Spawns & Invasions. It clusters together multiple mobs together and allows defining options and even a Boss.
Changes being planned or in progress include:
- Allowing better control of the distance mobs like to stay around the boss. More specifically a smaller distance is allowed to help with cramped maps (like MG) or just to keep a tighter cluster of mobs. (already Live)
- ExtraBoss- Optionally add additional extra Bosses from predefined lists of Bosses (testing)
- Increasing the Boss Drops on the primary Boss based on the CL of the entire Spawn Group, not just the Boss. The current logic for the Bosses CL is being kept, but this will help add more when a Boss is in charge of a tough Spawn Group. Known risk of Boss Serping, but this will affect the stronger Bosses more then the easier to serp ones. (coded & evaluating)
- The proposed Kill Bonus logic posted about previously so that when a mob dies the Kill Bonus is split up smarter instead of sometimes being totally lost as long as the players that have been involved are still logged in. This is specially important on strong mobs & Bosses. see also https://www.other-li...-to-kill-bonus/ (data gathering is live, no code you to use it other then EventTracker output for IM's)
- AutoBoss- When there is no Boss or the Boss is killed, there will be an option to promote another mob in the group to act as a Boss for AI logic (such as keeping the group together). The promoted mob does NOT get buffed or extra drops, it's simply put in charge to act as a Boss. (already Live)
- AI options using Damage Tracker information so that a Spawn Group can help itself more if desired.
- AI option using Damage Tracker information so that one Spawn Group is biased to help another group. Specially helpful when one Spawn Group triggers another being spawned
- HelpBoss - the mobs will first look to see if then can attack players that have been hurting the effective Boss when they are trying to decide on what to do next. This is limited to players the mobs can actually see.
- HelpSpawn - similar to HelpBoss except they check all other mobs in the same Spawn Group
- HelpOtherSpawn - similar to HelpSpawn except another Spawn is specified to be helped out
Keep in mind that how these options combine also adds some interesting options for the IM's, including improving how the proposed WorldBoss & Guards can work.
Additional thoughts, ideas, and comments?