• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

Walked into the WS coal cave during todays invasion and saw shit loads of mobs still there (100+? woot! ...woot!).

I also saw that someone had been in the cave as there were bags laying about as well...but no longer there...I dive into the mobs regardless,,

Anyways, after about 3-4 min and as i was sipping on my beer and eating some chips, I noticed i was getting bag walked deeper and deeper into the cave after killing each mob, ...when:

[02:24:26] You are under attack, you can't move.
[02:25:04] Aine: no!!
[02:25:09] Aine: did you kill boss!!
[02:25:17] ohmygod: ?
[02:25:18] Aine: man!
[02:25:26] Aine: did you kill goza
[02:25:34] ohmygod: why?
[02:25:44] Aine: because i cleared this whole fucking ap
[02:25:48] Aine: map

I see and watch the boss in question walk past Aine.. and me..with a huge horde in tow....another sip of beer and a look down to pick out a half broken chip from the packet...I then type, as sarcastically as possible....

[02:26:01] ohmygod: looks clear (edited typo and added...to me..not..!!!)

Only then to get the following response in local chat...

[02:26:10] Aine: really shitty, you knew someone was here

and if i didnt see that in local... then to make sure i saw posted.. in @1 chat channel

[02:26:39] [Aine @ 1]: i fucking di you kill him or not omg?
[02:26:43] ohmygod got paralyzed for 3 turns by the Large Spider
[02:26:45] You recovered 60 material points

I again... see the boss she is bitching about walk past us both,.... sip of beer time...the chips are very salty...not sure if  I will buy them again........next minute....

{02:26:55] Aine: did you kill or not
[02:27:02] [Aine @ 1]: grrrrrr!!!!!!!
[02:27:10] ohmygod got mana burned by the Black Bear
[02:27:26] You are under attack, you can't move.

Upon reflection of this incident, I have heard that computer screens can cause eye strain and even affect eyesight if looked at for too long, but I have always thought it an old wives tale......yet here we are.... the boss walks away and around the corner out of sight....

[02:28:33] Aine: why would you serp fucking boss like a jerk agai and again and agian
[02:28:41] ohmygod: ?
[02:28:52] ohmygod: you own the maps?
[02:28:55] Aine: why would you serp fucking boosssss
[02:29:22] Aine: its common courstesy,, you knew someone was here your a fucking dick omg

Reflecting again my reply to her at the time may need to be corrected, due to the saltiness of the chips and perhaps "vagina" would have been more suited in this case? However:

[02:29:33] ohmygod: boss is alive dick
[02:29:38] You recovered 52 material points

And the hypocrite makes the most about nothing.....sadly... chan @1 again...

[02:29:51] [Aine @ 1]: i am so done with thi fucking game if ppl cant learn to show each other respect
[02:30:00] [ohmygod @ 1]: ?

[02:30:35] [Aine @ 1]: the mpore i play 42 membersare nothing but sneaks, serpers and bagjumoers... real nice guild!

Yawn ... dream on and take a chill pill me thinks.....but reply instead:

[02:30:42] [ohmygod @ 1]: ask L is (if) boss is dead
[02:30:52] [ohmygod @ 1]: before you start bitching (
maybe time for eye check-up?)

This is not the first time that I have been made to feel bad (for under half a second) about walking in to a map that Aine is on and i feel it will not be the last time as well....and to be honest I really don't care...hic...

However cutting a long story short..... who can kill the boss on a map without being accused of being a serper and what is the protocols in a single combat map?

#2 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Why is this shit even on forums.... I'm baffled

#3 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

Aine rage quit and I am concerned I may be at fault? Posted Image

#4 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Looks like this all came from you just ignoring what she had asked many times. Could have just replied a simple 'no', instead of 'do you own the map?' - of which kinda implies you may have killed the boss

#5 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:38 AM

In hindsight yes a simple "no" would have sufficed in this case, however the boss was in plain sight so I assumed, wrongly it seems at the time, that she saw it walking around too...perhaps the red mist of rage was clouding the vision...I don't know, i was drinking a beer and eating chips!!. Posted Image..hence my question clarifying game etiquette in relation to invasion spawns which is not being answered. Yay for down votes and bewilded bafflement.

On a side note, on the exact same weekend a similar thing occurred in Tir underground..., I walked into a map that was being cleared by other players but they didn't bitch, moan and rage quit over it. (even though they were supposed to be checking out "other" maps as being claimed in [email protected] ;p and mmmm SC maps are yummy for xp)

So why does this player make such a big deal just about every time i walk in to "their" map? oh and this is not the first time i have copped it

#6 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:13 AM

If people have been working on a map for hours and killed a large number of mobs so the boss is accessible in a map, and then someone appears in the map, kills/goes for the boss, which drops the best, it's a bit annoying. This is exacerbated if you are the only person who's been clearing it. You may have heard the term serping a boss. This has happened for a while. It is why when in ~R~ sometimes i wouldn't say where I'd found an invasion, because I'd be serped by my guildies and other guilds, when i first joined the game. The situation has got better since, but it's still annoying when people come in on the tail end of an invasion, as it is the easiest time for fighting it.

I recall this happening multiple times to groups of me and aine or wl in KF and then others rolling in at the end. It's rather infuriating, as we've just burnt lots of resources and spent 2 hours of our time and they've rolled in and killed our boss. Wonderful.

Had the same complaints when back in Sia as well, just people showing up late and you can't help feeling they haven't contributed much to the clearing of the map.

These are things I've heard expressed by your guild before, so i know full well you know the answer to these questions and you are being purposefully obtuse.

I'd say on my part, that I am fine with people sometimes not declaring invasions when it is perfect for their a/d range. I've sent inva locs for pegasus, josie, dragoe and a few other because they were good for them, and I've been called in by them to help with bosses for them sometimes, and vice versa. Most of the time i tell my guild, but sometimes I just tell those players, since it's them who will get more fun out of the inva. I do do it it similarly if the inva is over my level, as i know a few others in all the guilds do.

#7 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

This is fault of Learner - removing the 10k drops from regular invasion mobs caused killing the horde never worths anymore. We told Learner that, he said 10k drops are still there, but of course, it's Learner and always hiding the truth or finding a backdoor to avoid the questions.

Anyways,

Be like Kaddy
Kill the boss the second you see them.
Diss + tptr to attack the boss.
Build your stats for tanking/killing the boss 1vs8.
Be millionaire
Don't fucking care about shittalkers
Live OL dream.
And quit afterwards because you have nowhere to spend your gcs. :D

#8 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1124 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

#9 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

To be frankly honest,

This whole thing with mvp/42/omg has spiralled out of control and is actually 100% fucked in the head. It all started with that MBB with Watson and then OMG did something that was frowned upon and it was worse than thought because he is in 42 and in that moment, MVP & 42 were estranged at that moment. Now it seems that OMG is just getting hit left, right and centre and everything is being escalated ridiculously beyond proportion. OMG can't even scratch his balls without being in the wrong.

I do not agree that this should of been made into a thread OMG, should of just ignored everything everybody was saying and you would of had a massive amount of respect from me increased.

OMG is not even a bad guy, just keeps getting caught in the crossfire and fingers are always pointed at him. OMG is actually a really nice guy deep down.

#10 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

View PostCoduX, on 16 May 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

OMG is not even a bad guy, just keeps getting caught in the crossfire and fingers are always pointed at him. OMG is actually a really nice guy deep down.

For me, OMG is over Aine and most of OL anytime. One of the nicest guy I’ve ever met in OL. You could even see that from the attitude.

#11 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:30 AM

View PostCoduX, on 16 May 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

This whole thing with mvp/42/omg has spiralled out of control and is actually 100% fucked in the head. It all started with that MBB with Watson and then OMG did something that was frowned upon and it was worse than thought because he is in 42 and in that moment, MVP & 42 were estranged at that moment. Now it seems that OMG is just getting hit left, right and centre and everything is being escalated ridiculously beyond proportion. OMG can't even scratch his balls without being in the wrong.

This is what happens when you only have two active guilds Posted Image

I personally enjoy having a bit of a rivalry with another guild... competition is a big part of the game for some! I do feel that the OP was a bit of a 'bad joke'... lots of hops and salt in between the lines!

The topic in itself (regarding serping a boss) is OK to discuss.  It kinda makes me circle back to the 'no PK during invasion' rule; this is why it gets broken on occasion - things get heated, players get passionate and we all get competititve.  (My version of competition is more-so a test of strength in PK maps, rather than a verbal shitstorm on @@6 and on forums, but hey ho ill take whatever these days in OL).

Discussing the topic of serping is OK and should be done, but singling out one player with a malicious intent is quite childish.  Classic 42 Posted Image

PS - who is Watson? Lol

Edited by DueCE, 17 May 2018 - 12:33 AM.

#12 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1124 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:16 AM

View PostDueCE, on 17 May 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

PS - who is Watson? Lol
Some nub that started the war between mvp & 42 Posted Image

#13 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:18 AM

I was trying to scroll  down and pressed a down vote on WL post by mistake and don't know how to remove it.

I did originally have the thought of deleting this post as I thought it would be misinterpreted, but i am glad I didn't, as is good to see that my dry sense of humor did not go unnoticed by those that do not take life in OL too seriously.

May you all have fun times and low break rates ... :D

#14 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostCoduX, on 17 May 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

View PostDueCE, on 17 May 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

PS - who is Watson? Lol
Some nub that started the war between mvp & 42 Posted Image

Didn't start the war, original one was I believe DueCE killed bat whilst afk (we have killed our own guildies for being afk in pk...) and bat17 set us as enemies unilaterally. 2nd one was omg got give assurances by the entire guild we wouldn't attack him in the TD invasion whilst we helped his guildies, and he bjed duece afterwards. Watson, afaik, was mostly just a "why didn't the MBC map get locked," a comment from SAW in 42 #gm saying we could "blame [watson] if one of us decided to bj the drop bag." Nothing really much happened from that one.

Just think this OP was a dick move, and calling it humour or wit is an insult to the idea of humour and wit, especially given that munt has graced our forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users