• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

My bad not 12 i calculated it wrong..however you do have more perk points than 99% of the other players. (totally earned by the way and I should not taint your argument with that fact)

After our brief chat today, points raised were:
  • Gatherer perk will save gc as no gatherer to break (another med has chance to break though)
  • Frees up a neck slot.
  • The perk can be considered a tier 3 perk
  • Cost of a tier 3 perk for other perks is 3 perk points (would this mean that every current 1 perk point perk would need to go to 2 with this reasoning to keep it balanced?)

All good arguments for it being a 2 perk point cost to get full benefit. I just chucking this up for discussion as the only thing ticking this perk off as a fully completed perk and moving on to complete other perks would be how much it costs to obtain its benefits.

The perk is not broken and works as intended, can we at least agree on this perhaps for now?

#42 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:13 AM

What if Level 1 you couldn't turn/off on (stuck with always gathering) and at Level 2 you could control it?

#43 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:11 PM

That would break the perk imo. It could cause dramas in game.

Might be better to just charge 2 pp straight up for the finished perk as is

#44 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

View Postohmygod, on 01 March 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

That would break the perk imo. It could cause dramas in game.

Might be better to just charge 2 pp straight up for the finished perk as is
Just looking for possible compromises :D If we don't think outside the box, we may overlook possibilities.

#45 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

The perk can be considered a tier 3 perk

Meant that the perk is the top of its tier, and other perks have 3 tiers = 3 PP need to get there vs currently the 1 atm for it.

The compromise would be to increase it to 2 Pk Pts

#46 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:28 AM

View Postohmygod, on 01 March 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

Meant that the perk is the top of its tier, and other perks have 3 tiers = 3 PP need to get there vs currently the 1 atm for it.

Still think any tier 3 should cost 2 perk points

#47 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

View PostWarlock, on 02 March 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

View Postohmygod, on 01 March 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

Still think any tier 3 should cost 2 perk points
I think WL means 2 more PerkPoints then Tier 2, so a total of 4

#48 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

^ Correct

#49 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:59 AM

Sorry was trying to be diplomatic so we could move forward with these, but that would suck. But hey what do i know.

Edited, removed the face palm comment

#50 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

Would agree to a maximum of 2pp for the gatherer perk, but of course, would prefer 1pp for it Posted Image Posted Image

#51 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

This perk has been tested by me, I spent about a mouth testing, it works just like a gatherer. NOTE: Gatherer med + Gatherer Perk is no stack included, don't think gatherer med even works when you have perk

#52 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:04 AM

did you try turn it off via the command and use med to see if it will gatherer?

#53 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

Med does work as normal when #gather is off.

#54 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:09 PM

Hmmm interesting, Be pretty silly to use a gatherer if have the perk, but do we want players to be able to use the med like this or is changing locking it down so they cant even equip via code too much like babying them?

#55 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

Technically, they are two different Perks with similar results, hans't been worth the effort to worry about preventing it. PArt of the reason was the requirement to enable/disable the Perk, with is very different from removing the med.

#56 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:27 PM

Personally I don't think equipping the med breaks the perk being discussed, and a player may have their own legitimate reasons for wanting to use the med even if they have the perk.

It would be nice for someone come up with a quicker way to turn off and on via the text commands for those who take the perk. I know there is a way to shorten  this thing but never used it myself so cant describe the process.

#57 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:09 AM

View Postohmygod, on 05 March 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

Personally I don't think equipping the med breaks the perk being discussed, and a player may have their own legitimate reasons for wanting to use the med even if they have the perk.

It would be nice for someone come up with a quicker way to turn off and on via the text commands for those who take the perk. I know there is a way to shorten  this thing but never used it myself so cant describe the process.
It would actually be possible to have WL build a #menu that you could open that would have clickable options to turn it off or on and then re-display the menu. Known problem is where the menu would appear, but that is something ugali is working on for the next Client update.

#58 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:13 PM

cool

#59 Yulin_Old

Yulin_Old

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostLearner, on 06 March 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

It would actually be possible to have WL build a #menu that you could open that would have clickable options to turn it off or on and then re-display the menu. Known problem is where the menu would appear, but that is something ugali is working on for the next Client update.

Maybe you could add some indicators similar to the "Ranging Lock" indicator. If you have the perk you can show the indicator on the HUD. If the perk is on then you can highlight the indicator. You can active or desactive the perk clicking the indicator.

#60 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostYulin_Old, on 06 March 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 06 March 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

Maybe you could add some indicators similar to the "Ranging Lock" indicator. If you have the perk you can show the indicator on the HUD. If the perk is on then you can highlight the indicator. You can active or desactive the perk clicking the indicator.
Much more complicated adding special enhancements to the Client just for this Perk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users