• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

View PostLearner, on 06 March 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostYulin_Old, on 06 March 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 06 March 2019 - 06:09 AM, said:

It would actually be possible to have WL build a #menu that you could open that would have clickable options to turn it off or on and then re-display the menu. Known problem is where the menu would appear, but that is something ugali is working on for the next Client update.

Maybe you could add some indicators similar to the "Ranging Lock" indicator. If you have the perk you can show the indicator on the HUD. If the perk is on then you can highlight the indicator. You can active or desactive the perk clicking the indicator.
Much more complicated adding special enhancements to the Client just for this Perk.

I agree, wouldn't it be better to use #alias <number> #gather instead? I would use it. Adding in the extra code can break something in the game, which would mean that the perk would have to stay in Test for a longer time. Personally I would want the perk out as soon as possible.

#62 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostHecate, on 11 March 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

It would actually be possible to have WL build a #menu that you could open that would have clickable options to turn it off or on and then re-display the menu. Known problem is where the menu would appear, but that is something ugali is working on for the next Client update.

Maybe you could add some indicators similar to the "Ranging Lock" indicator. If you have the perk you can show the indicator on the HUD. If the perk is on then you can highlight the indicator. You can active or desactive the perk clicking the indicator.
Much more complicated adding special enhancements to the Client just for this Perk.

I agree, wouldn't it be better to use #alias <number> #gather instead? I would use it. Adding in the extra code can break something in the game, which would mean that the perk would have to stay in Test for a longer time. Personally I would want the perk out as soon as possible.
#alias is a client controlled function that each player has to set, so outside of my control. Players are free to use #alias of they want

#63 Hecate

Hecate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

View PostLearner, on 11 March 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

View PostHecate, on 11 March 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

#alias is a client controlled function that each player has to set, so outside of my control. Players are free to use #alias of they want
True, at least less time needed to add it to #menu, unless of course there is a big vote for it, then it MAY be considered lol.

#64 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

View PostHecate, on 11 March 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

View PostLearner, on 11 March 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

True, at least less time needed to add it to #menu, unless of course there is a big vote for it, then it MAY be considered lol.
Plus, #menu isn't hard coded into the server, instead it loaded from files and something others like Warlock can to the server for me.

#65 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:22 PM

Menu for Gatherer perk is on test server right now, access with #menu gatherer, currently awaiting an update from ugali to make the menu re-open on same spot as was closed at

FYI, anytime a window option sends data to the server, that window auto-closes, so have added an ACTION to re-issue the command to open the menu once you click on the #gather option, ugali's update will help, and could have this small gatherer window off to the side somewhere. Window also tells you whether gather perk is active or not

#66 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2624 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

View PostWarlock, on 12 March 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Menu for Gatherer perk is on test server right now, access with #menu gatherer, currently awaiting an update from ugali to make the menu re-open on same spot as was closed at

FYI, anytime a window option sends data to the server, that window auto-closes, so have added an ACTION to re-issue the command to open the menu once you click on the #gather option, ugali's update will help, and could have this small gatherer window off to the side somewhere. Window also tells you whether gather perk is active or not
That menu can only be opened if you have taken Gatherer

#67 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

Sounds great, will check when i have some time after work

#68 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:29 AM

It does what i was wanting it to, which is a super quick way to turn off and on the perk and let me know if it is off/on visually/at a glance when fighting in teams.

Some concerns:
  • Window is a bit big. Can we remove some text so the window is a smaller square eg, instead of "Gatherer perk menu" displayed at top of bar just "Gatherer" or "Menu". Instead of "Gather perk is ON/OFF" just "ON/OFF"
  • Already mentioned and being addressed - Window needs to remain to the same spot that a player places it, instead of it moving to top of screen after setting change.
Would be super cool to have the menu pop up with a click of an icon rather than typing the text #menu command but this is WAY better than i was originally thinking with the #alias command short cut for sure...

Great work and enhancement to this idea being implemented!

Well done WL.

@Chan 3 - Buying MoLs and MoMs  pm me Posted Image Posted Image

#69 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

View Postohmygod, on 13 March 2019 - 01:29 AM, said:

Some concerns:
  • Window is a bit big. Can we remove some text so the window is a smaller square eg, instead of "Gatherer perk menu" displayed at top of bar just "Gatherer" or "Menu". Instead of "Gather perk is ON/OFF" just "ON/OFF"

Done & done.

Note: the gap between the top border line and the text beneath is also being addressed by ugali. Posted Image

#70 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:19 AM

coolio, does not look as pretty but it does take up less screen space :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users