•  
- - - - -

Macros/ Botting is not listed as Illegal. Why?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

So, over 4 years ago I made this post, with the ensuing conversation:

View Postbutler, on 20 February 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Bots/Macros....
Why is that not in there?

View PostLearner, on 20 February 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

View Postbutler, on 20 February 2014 - 12:16 PM, said:

Bots/Macros....
Why is that not in there?
The community hasn't decided on adding that or other rules in.

View PostHades, on 20 February 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

That means we can bot away!!! Yes!!!! >implying nobody did up until now

View Postbutler, on 20 February 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Macros give way more advantages than multi...
Tbh it shouldnt even take a vote to make macros bannable. If you leave it unbannable your basically saying "dont level your characters, boys and girls. Just let a computer do that for you. Oh, you guys who are levelling yourselves? Well your screwed."
Macro have no advantages or reasons why not to ban them...
Please ban them.

View PostLearner, on 20 February 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Then the community should decide on just how strict you want to be on that. Rememebr the more I have to watch the community, the less time I'll have to code when RL isn't interfering ... that's part of the reason some people have gotten away with some Alt issues and I haven't reacted. I'd like to avoid BigBrotherIsWatching as long as possible.

Even if it's not against the rules yet, people taking advantage of those loophole and botting will simple force the Community to take action.

So, now it's 4 years later, and I've stumbled across that thread again, and it still appears to be a massive hole in the rules list, given how much abuse macros/botting can do compared to say, multi, which is illegal.

From pms with Learner, it would be caught under the "common sense" rule, which, imo, is a rather large catch all, and basically makes the entire thing a grey area. It's neither wrong nor right. That's probably not a great position for something that can be abused so effectively in the game. There are advantages in having a rule worded and crafted specifically over a vague catch all (see the St_Arcane debacle), where readings can be entirely different, and nobody is in the right, and nothing proper can be done.

There is also the fact that, since people know it's not actually illegal, some people will take advantage of it. Common Sense rule doesn't really stand, because if you can do something easier for less effort, it's common sense to do that. But it's not good for the game. And that's the big issue here: It's another hole where what's good for the game is against what is good for the players as set out in the rules.

I don't really think i need to write anymore than this, and even this is more than i think should take people to know that this isn't really a good thing for the game.

So, I propose one simple question: Why isn't Botting and macroing illegal?

#2 ohmygod

ohmygod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Is there someone you suspect of botting/macroing their way to 100?

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

Technically it hasn't been made legal, just like it has not be explicitly identified as illegal. Keep in mind that given my experience with people in EL, then if specifically listed as illegal then anyone caught breaking it ALL of their chars would be liable for punishment, not just the one or two caught doing it, that includes the Mains!

#4 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

View Postohmygod, on 30 May 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

As I'd like more people to be transparent around here I'll start by being honest;

I've been messing about with a few simple scripts that allow me to bag harvest a few thousand of something while completely AFK, complete with pickaxe check, health check (MN events) and position/nexus tele checks. This has only been in the last 2 days tbh.

I believe the total amount of iron ore harvested in the 16 hours total the script was running was somewhere near 42K.

Both bags (first having 17K~ second with 26K~) were poofed. I haven't gained anything except the knowledge of knowing it's possible.

:-)

#5 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 30 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

More I stumbled across it and someone else linked me back to that old thread. WL's upstanding bastard, won't hear a word against him.

Was also just of the opinion that a grey area on something so major just means even if someone is taking the biscuit, the tea, the kettle, the table and you're kitchen door, you're kind of still going to look a bit like the bad guy since they never broke any real rule. Common Sense, having worked in retail, is in very short supply (the amount of times I've had to tell people I can't let them onto railway lines to photograph a moving train has sold me on that).

The rule would at least give the option to stop anyone doing anything extremely egregious.

#6 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:48 PM

True panda, I've macro'ed a fair few times with harvesting. Is extremely easy to leave your pc running on overnight with scripts running. If there is something out there to make your life easier and is in a grey area, might as well take advantage of it.

However, I agree that it's not in good taste for the game.

#7 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

Tbh I've always thought they were illegal. Safe to say i have never once macro/botted for anything, harvest or fighting. Besides simple programmable buttons on the keyboard like diss+tele on one button. If thats even called a macro(?)

I am with butler on this one.

View Postbutler, on 20 February 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Macro have no advantages or reasons why not to ban them...
Please ban them.

Hehe, my AFK message i just found funny so used it. Posted Image

#8 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostWarlock, on 31 May 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

<Snip>
Besides simple programmable buttons on the keyboard like diss+tele on one button. If thats even called a macro(?)
<snip>
Tbh, those are just rebindings, which i still feel should be included in the options menu for the game, and not a hidden away file (though the combination may be a bit more advanced than what I'd say).

I've never macroed, have no desire for it. I just see it as a pretty big problem for an MMO, where the grind is pretty much part of the content in pretty much all of them, to allow people to skip over that to climb leaderboards. It seems like a huge problem, when there is nothing set out to make it illegal. You can't ban someone for a grey area and not expect a backlash, even if it's someone taking the mickey.

I'm genuinely curious how many of the current players actually use them, I have a suspicion it's far more than those who've admitted it, even if they aren't particularly egregious examples of macroing.

In the current framework, you could feasibly make an alt, turn it into a bot/ant and have that self playing, because it's still technically not breaking any rules. That's kind of the level of how loose they are.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

View Postbutler, on 31 May 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

View PostWarlock, on 31 May 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

<Snip>
Besides simple programmable buttons on the keyboard like diss+tele on one button. If thats even called a macro(?)
<snip>
Tbh, those are just rebindings, which i still feel should be included in the options menu for the game, and not a hidden away file (though the combination may be a bit more advanced than what I'd say).

I've never macroed, have no desire for it. I just see it as a pretty big problem for an MMO, where the grind is pretty much part of the content in pretty much all of them, to allow people to skip over that to climb leaderboards. It seems like a huge problem, when there is nothing set out to make it illegal. You can't ban someone for a grey area and not expect a backlash, even if it's someone taking the mickey.

I'm genuinely curious how many of the current players actually use them, I have a suspicion it's far more than those who've admitted it, even if they aren't particularly egregious examples of macroing.

In the current framework, you could feasibly make an alt, turn it into a bot/ant and have that self playing, because it's still technically not breaking any rules. That's kind of the level of how loose they are.
As I told you before you posted this, while it doesn't have an explicit rule against it, it s not allowed, I just don't go hunting people down and only look if people have concerns. Make it officially illegal and it won't be only an alt that is involved and you'll be taking even more of my time away from working on OL.

With this small a community it's been better it the players tell each other they can't instead of making it a rule to be enforced by me! Think about the priorities people and what is best for the Game!!! The more people use macros, the worse for everyone in the game!!!!

#10 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

View PostLearner, on 31 May 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

<snip>
As I told you before you posted this, while it doesn't have an explicit rule against it, it s not allowed, I just don't go hunting people down and only look if people have concerns.
It isn't outlined as illegal and it is not enforced but is somehow not allowed. I've seen laws not enforced, I've seen things that aren't laws enforced, but i do struggle with this concept of something not being illegal, not being legal and not being enforced and that meaning there isn't any reason for anybody not just to abuse the shit out of it.

There isn't even that layer of "don't do this because it's against the rules" to appeal to people respectability. People are obviously macroing, so it should be illegal, even if it's not strongly enforced.

Make it officially illegal and it won't be only an alt that is involved and you'll be taking even more of my time away from working on OL.
Or keep it as... not listed... and have... no real power to deal with anything absurd like someone making an ant style character to level up?

With this small a community it's been better it the players tell each other they can't instead of making it a rule to be enforced by me!
yeah but if they macro then they can gain everything more efficiently than human players, don't really need to trade, don't really need other players = nothing the community can do. If someone decides to go against a community standard on something where they basically are making the community irrelevant to them by making themselves economically more powerful than a human player can be on a single character (say, how multi and macroing basically are bad for the economy), what the hell can we do? We have no foot to stand on.

We can say don't do it, but there's balls all to stop it. See the UK TV Licence, when you're supposed to do something, but there isn't any legal authority backing it up. You are entirely dependent on goodwill, and that's not something you do with the general public, because the general public is full unscrupulous individuals.

Think about the priorities people and what is best for the Game!!! The more people use macros, the worse for everyone in the game!!!!
Yup, so, why isn't it illegal?

#11 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

You don't understand, you are looking at everything as anything not explicitly listed as illegal as being legal. I have had that problem with you on this thread from the start. But, as I've said, the moment you explicitly list it as illegal also adds many more requirements on me and the server. This is currently in the gray area why players should not being doing it, but the moment you add a rule explicitly against it, you change my priorities. This is a game being developed and something as simple as an 'obvious rule' has more implications then you are even thinking about.

Just because something isn't listed as illegal doesn't mean that it is allowed. But listing something as illegal also means a lot more effort needs to go into it to prevent, detect, and block it!

What are the player priorities??? Think about what you really are asking and what players really expect.

Keep in mind, stuff that is in the "should not do" category means I don't have to try to actively monitor & prevent it. The moment you move it into the "must not do" category by explicitly making it illegal in game rules totally changes how I must handle it and it's priority!

#12 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 30 May 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

As I'd like more people to be transparent around here I'll start by being honest;

I've been messing about with a few simple scripts that allow me to bag harvest a few thousand of something while completely AFK, complete with pickaxe check, health check (MN events) and position/nexus tele checks. This has only been in the last 2 days tbh.

I believe the total amount of iron ore harvested in the 16 hours total the script was running was somewhere near 42K.

Both bags (first having 17K~ second with 26K~) were poofed. I haven't gained anything except the knowledge of knowing it's possible.

:-)

View PostCoduX, on 30 May 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

True panda, I've macro'ed a fair few times with harvesting. Is extremely easy to leave your pc running on overnight with scripts running. If there is something out there to make your life easier and is in a grey area, might as well take advantage of it.

However, I agree that it's not in good taste for the game.
Does this mean I now need to spend more time coding and looking into idiots??? Your answers imply yes!

#13 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostLearner, on 31 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

You don't understand, you are looking at everything as anything not explicitly listed as illegal as being legal. I have had that problem with you on this thread from the start. But, as I've said, the moment you explicitly list it as illegal also adds many more requirements on me and the server. This is currently in the gray area why players should not being doing it, but the moment you add a rule explicitly against it, you change my priorities.
<snip>
What are the player priorities??? Think about what you really are asking and what players really expect.

The thing is, it is no more illegal than say, bagjumping, pking in invasions, or various other things. The common sense rule could encompass pretty much anything you want, so it's not a solid argument to say that people should't be doing it because it isn't legal but it isn't illegal. It's like bloody legal highs: you get people doing it because it's still not banned, even if it sits in a dubious spot.

I am also trying to make it clear to you that, given that it has never been outlined as being illegal, and there having been no real indications that it shouldn't be done. It's not illegal, but not legal. That always bolsters peoples confidence that they can get away with it, as since it is not illegal, there is no system to prevent them.

I'm not saying it's legal, I'm merely saying in the posts (ignoring the thread title, which, I admit, I made it as clickbaitey as possible) that you say it's not illegal and not legal put people shouldn't be doing it however those people have exactly the same right to say it's not illegal and they have the right to do it.

Let me put it this way:
I'm searching through to find the rules (they are in the forums and not in the game, that's a problem, but I'm ignoring that).

I find these rules:

View PostLearner, on 01 September 2012 - 01:48 PM, said:

Ok, even though the game server is not up yet, lets drop in some basic rules to start with until the community evolves more and changes things:
  • Use your common sense, until the community decides be conservative about what will or wont be allowed
  • Keep the channels 'clean' and when possible, on topic. As the community decides and grows this will change as needed
  • If you have discussions in channel about game improvements or changes, try to get the ideas into the forums so more people can provide feedback and they don't get lost
  • What we have is just what we're starting with, things WILL be changing
  • Due to spammers, hackers, etc, use of a proxy known to be used for illegal or abusive purposes will not be permitted. Using private proxy systems that have not been abusing the Internet is permitted.
  • Characters or Alts shall not interact in any way with other characters run by the same player in any way. It is best if you don't even have an Alt at all. This is not limited by IP or who is running the character at the time of the offense. Other players should not assist by being middle men or help or they may be included in punishment. Punishment can include losing all items or all characters!
  • No gc Sales for RL $'s etc / aka no black market gc sales.

Okay, so the first one is just a general catch all to just enforce things at your whim, okay
the second one is the generic don't scare newbies away in the default channel, okay
the third one is a... suggestion... it's already not a rule, so why's it in the rules... I'm confused, but i continue...
the fourth one isn't even a suggestion, or pretending to be a rule... it's just a ... disclaimer...
The fifth one finally goes to being a mix between a rule and a disclaimer about banned notorious proxies...
ah, the sixth is finally a solid rule i know i shouldn't break, okay, i'll keep an eye out for that one.
the seventh is standard MMO one, kind of is being constantly broken, and arguably whenever a character is sold it breaks that rule as well, but okay then... I know what i mustn't do.

absolutely nothing makes any motion towards macroing actually being frowned upon, especially when you consider the replies you gave to me in that rule thread when i initially brought it up. From that, it looks very much like an area you don't care about, and hence people are going to use it because it seems accepted by your seeming acceptance to it not being banned, and thus villified.

It works on the same level as just standing by when someone throws racial slurs at someone else. Your inaction means they feel they are in the right, or at least, they aren't in the wrong.

And i mean, the people who have macroed, I don't think you can really ban them, since you didn't make what they did illegal. You may have thought it shouldn't be done, but since it's not been stated either way as being illegal or legal, people will assume there aren't restrictions. It's like if i go to a park and it doesn't have signs in relation to walking on grass or dogs on leads. You have to work purely on your assumptions and they vary so incredibly between people, that the only way it is a grey area is if you have the expectation that you shouldn't do it. And for people who see it's not there, and how conspicuous it is in it's absence, I wouldn't blame them to assume that is purposefully left off the rules list, and when you have confirmed you don't have intentions to change it, after being brought to your attention, even if you don't explicitly call it legal, you create that perception of it being accepted de facto.

So no, I completely understand it's neither legal nor illegal, but that perception is entirely based on my desire for it not to happen in game. You, I'd say, have helped fashion this belief it might well be legal, given i have been messaged, with that post used as evidence by people to say, oh so botting is legal, because your inaction/disinterest makes it seem like it is accepted, even if not encouraged.

You could list it as illegal, and at least at that point if someone told you someone was botting you'd have a strong leg to stand on to do something. Right now you don't really, anymore than they have to argue that they aren't breaking rules, and for something so definitively bad, you'll not get the full community support behind you for these things because you never made a rule against it, and some people will feel that because of such, it's at least not punishable even though it might be frowned upon (though historically, you haven't given much appearance to be against it). You've already had to defend yourself for very controversial decisions in terms of banning a player for what they did in another game, and defending an IM who abused their privelleges, do you not want to strengthen yourself, or at least have something to let you at least have good grounds that people are breaking good faith in terms of macroing.

I phrased this mostly, because, no matter what you say, people will more than likely assume that since it's not outlined as banned, that it is then, at least technically legal, no matter what protesting might mean. It's only a grey area because me and you agree it is. To other people it might not be grey because there's no really anything to indicate it might be a bannable offense.

You can have the rule written, and not spend a large amount of time moderating it. It means you at least have the rule there if someone does something monumentally egregious, such as my example of a full bot script. There is nothing explicitly saying that adding this rule means you have to completely redo your priorities: It is only you who is saying this. My entire proposal is that you add it to the list so you have a tool for people who are flagrantly taking the piss. You've seen how much resentment banning people with catch all rules in EL causes. It creates a bitter taste in the mouths of people who don't even consider doing those things because it feels like an abuse of power and trust.

I know what you are thinking L, but I've been reaching out and talking to multiple people, and what you are thinking in terms of how the rules sit, doesn't reflect what other people read them as. The current rule set is so poorly written, mostly unclear, and the main rule i feel being leaned on is the one which, i believe, is so wide ranging and all encompassing that it feels a lot like those anti terror laws dictatorships utilise just to imprison people they don't like. That kind of makes it the weakest rule to argue on behalf and enforce.

I hope this clarifies things further, but I fully expect you to tell me the exact same things as before, and then tell me I'm the one going in circles, and it isn't a dance done by 2

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

You said it was legal in the Title!!! Plus have implied it several times since! You also either missed or ignored the in game PM I sent that the Title was totally miss-leading, not to mention we had a long discussion about this before you posted ... and yet you continue to misrepresent the status of macroing. We had agreed it was ambiguise, yet yet so much reads like you still think its legal since it's not explicitly stated as illegal.

#15 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1195 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

if taking advantage of a broken system and nothing states that I can't otherwise, then yes I am a brilliant idiot

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

View PostCoduX, on 31 May 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

if taking advantage of a broken system and nothing states that I can't otherwise, then yes I am a brilliant idiot

Remember to think about what's good for the most players, not just about what's legal or isn't.
That's the best way to help OL!
Just because the mechanics allow it. doesn't mean you should or that is it permitted!

How long have I been asking people that are trying OL to THINK????

#17 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

Let me start off by saying I am pretty disgusted at the discussion surrounding this topic.  I was trying to plan out a response but I am making this extremely disjointed response because I feel it necessary to make some points before this thread gets any more out of hand.  I fully intend on revising this reply and adding pieces where I can, but for the time being a bullet point response from my phone will have to do.

-for one, this is an important discussion to have, but there's much more mature ways to go about it.
-we need to deal with bots/macros retrospectively rather than retroactively.

-There are many different types of macros. A macro is different from a "bot". I would define a macro as a "recording of key sequences".  a key sequence may be anything from a left mouse button click, to a specific keyboard stroke, etc.  Under this definition, warlock's diss/tele can be described as a "macro".

-Another macro, which just about any OL/ELer will have thought about at least once in their life, is a mouse recording macro.  Maybe some of you will be surprised by this, but mouse recordings have long since been used to automate various forms of mixing in both EL + OL. These are probably the easiest form of an 'illegal' macro to detect, though I can't say for sure as I dont know what tools Learner has available to him.

-What Pandemic/Codux have described, essentially a harvesting script with various "checks", I would call an "advanced macro", or a script.  We are still not able to call this a "bot".

-advanced macros, or scripts, often (but not always) use a supplentary client/program to execute the said script.  These external clients will NOT look at the OL's internals; it is truly  a 'black box' in which the external client may use color-detection and x, y coordinates to achieve a desired function.

-These supplementary clients are often very user-friendly, and developed for the purpose of macroing MMORPG's. These 3rd party tools are arguably the most harmful to OL's development, given that
-they are relatively easy to access
-they are optimized to be used for a lot of games, through employing functions such as color recognition
-they can be extremely difficult to detect, seeing as they do not modify any game files, and they often will have an option to add variability / randomness to each action.
-they have the  *potential* to be fully 'afk-able'

-The last form of illegal automation, also the highest tier / most complex, would be a "bot". a "bot" will actually look at the game's internals (and will often modify server files) in order to acheive its desired functionality. While we may have had some programmers develop a true "bot" for OL, I don't think there's much that needs to be said; These 'bots' should always be made illegal in any online game for a variety of reasons.

-This is just a summary of some of my own research into this topic.  I find it confusing to use the terms 'macro' and 'bot' synonymously.  If we are to ban all macros, we will have to ban warlock for the use of his macro, which clicks the diss ring then the teleport ring in quick succession :P

-I would like to offer more on this topic another time.
-<macros have no advantages or reasons not to ban them...> : I personally agree here, but I think we should think closely about this question. If simple mouse macro's are made illegal, will this deter any of the current population from OL?  If we take this to the extreme, you could even ask: if we made simple mouse macros legal, could it be used to attract more players?'.  There are lots of games that actually give you the tools in-game to create simple mouse macros, and to automate repetitive tasks.  In WoW, you can automate your whole combat 'rotation' with the click of 1 button if you want, saving yourself many clicks.

-so, back to my initial point.  If the community decides that it is important to take action against some agreed-upon level of in-game automation, we must go about this retrospectively rather than retroactively.  If we want to make this illegal, we are asking Learner to spend time developing anti-bot and anti-macro features to prevent it happening in the first place.  It would be WAYY too much work to have to look into each and every case retroactively; it would be a never ending piece of work that I personally would not want to see L waste his time with. Many games have full teams dedicated to anti cheating; that's how much work it is. Rather, perhaps we as a community, can brainstorm several different ways to prevent macroing from happening in the first place.  We can accomplish this by all brainstorming ways in which macroing is accomplished (perhaps this is more suitable for a closed forum), then we can come up with ways to combat them.

So, if you've researched this topic like me, or even worse - if you've used advanced macros (or bots), I encourage you to share your methods, rather than bragging about the results you've reaped while using them.  I believe this is out of best interest for the community.

#18 Josie

Josie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

View PostDueCE, on 31 May 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

If we want to make this illegal, we are asking Learner to spend time developing anti-bot and anti-macro features to prevent it happening in the first place.

Learner, could you spend time developing anti-bot and anti-macro features to prevent it from happening?

#19 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

Firstly, there was no bragging meant from my earlier post. As I stated, it was simply educational; to find out if it's possible, and how easy it was to do, I tried various tools and found their faults. I've never 'scripted' on EL or OL before now.

I'm happy to share my input/conclusion into anything I found while researching into it. If people would like to know how it's done I'm not going to hide it and make it a taboo, but in it's current state this thread isn't worth my time writing it up.

The last form of illegal automation, also the highest tier / most complex, would be a "bot". a "bot" will actually look at the game's internals (and will often modify server files) in order to acheive its desired functionality. While we may have had some programmers develop a true "bot" for OL, I don't think there's much that needs to be said; These 'bots' should always be made illegal in any online game for a variety of reasons.

You wouldn't be able to modify server files let alone look/read from them. Everything a Tradebot/Guardbot does within EL is mostly through sending/receiving packets - same as the client. You build a program to interpret those packets & send functions back (I also messed around with this and managed to suss out walking & sending packets to start harvesting just using Wireshark). Happy to share how I found/did this.

If someone was to strip down a bot source and manipulate it in their own way, then yes, they could technically use it to bot (be autonomous, like an Ant) even better than my 'script'.

View PostLearner, on 31 May 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Does this mean I now need to spend more time coding and looking into idiots??? Your answers imply yes!

I'm not a dictator of your time but if you feel compelled to do something...

#20 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2753 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

View PostJosie, on 31 May 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

If we want to make this illegal, we are asking Learner to spend time developing anti-bot and anti-macro features to prevent it happening in the first place.

Learner, could you spend time developing anti-bot and anti-macro features to prevent it from happening?
I could, been a very low priority, as it is I have problem finding the time needed for all the other changes OL wants/needs. I'll just put Perks, the KillBonus & the next improvement on BossDrops on hold totally while I work this out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users