• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2424 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

Currently it looks like we will be having a Player Sponsored RedTag/PK Event where two or more players will have their names turned Red & PKable for the weekend.

1. Please don't kill them on IP
2. UW is NoPlayerDrop
3. Anyone also wanting to be RedTag for the weekend may join in for the hefty fee of 50 plats or $50
4. As usual, I don't care who pays the fee, but the recipient of the Red Tag MUST agree to me or I won't RedTag them, and will instead return/deliver the plats to the player that attempted to pay.

Talk about how this goes, and afterwards we may also start a Poll to allow people to buy being RedTag for a fixed amount of time (but cheaper then this Event since I'd build the timing into the game).

Note that the RedTag players become PKable on any map, but I am asking to let them relax on IP so they also might leave via other methods.

#2 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:41 PM

Tbh, later on i'd hope it'd have closer rules to EL PK server, but sounds lovely.

Say if I attack one, then dis, can they attack me back?

What's the full rules of redtags for those of us not to encounter them before, and for those not from EL

#3 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

Dont know EL PK server rules, plz enlighten

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2424 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

View Postbutler, on 07 June 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

Tbh, later on i'd hope it'd have closer rules to EL PK server, but sounds lovely.

Say if I attack one, then dis, can they attack me back?

What's the full rules of redtags for those of us not to encounter them before, and for those not from EL
Being RedTag means anyone can initiate Combat with that Player, when combats end they can NOT attack you back. We are using the EL RedTag/#PK feature to do this which was first designed as a punishment for certain bothersome Low-Med level players. Being RedTag makes then a Victim in general, but I leave it to the players to decide who they want to worry about attack or not.

This 'Event' is partially a test to see about maybe doing something more permanently in the future maybe with different rules.

#5 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

View PostWarlock, on 07 June 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Dont know EL PK server rules, plz enlighten

PK server has most storages, Isla Prima and a few other areas as non PK so as to avoid things such as fights right by the storage NPC, and to allow some ability to restock and replenish whilst not always 100% under threats.

I do believe some storages were pk however. This was mostly what I meant, using the exception areas from there for simplicity sake, or using them at least as a basic starting point for that sort of thing.

#6 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

How this all started reminds me of when i was in highschool, more than several decades ago now of course, and was called into the principals office because i said something offhand to another student in a 5min conversation that i actually forgot i had a few weeks before. The principal asked me if i was organizing a rumble for last day of school and informed me that the police had been called to stand by and i would be charged if anything happened.

I do not consider other peoples drama queening as content in OL, but anyways even if this messes up my pve invasion fun for the next 30days, I am in if MVP pays the 50 plats.... If not I can always have PK fun at any opportunity that takes my whim for free in the now normalised OL PK style eg in invis preferably while the player is distracted on a boss/mob/watching anime/drinking beer/eating toast/scratching ass? etc.

**Also just so you all know i have a booty call pre-planned for this weekend because i do have a life outside of OL but i will try get it done quick if she lets me, and feel free to throw in those plats for my redtag

@ WL no pvp near storage's think they have a zone around them and IP

ADDED : Don't get me wrong I do like the way there maybe a move towards another PK play option for OL and that is a good thing

#7 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:35 PM

I volunteer as tribute!

I am in for the fundraising aspect.  I think it would be a fun way to support Learner while also allowing some players to get revenge on the most ebul pker around :ebul:

I really hope someone else will volunteer as tribute.  I have the plats on standby, but encourage other players to also donate.  If the rest of OL is willing to match my donation (50 plats), whether it be in the form of another tribute or simply a donation, expect to see me with a red name.  This is an open offer I am comfortable and happy to stand by, as PK in this game has always been one of my favourite activities.

This could also be a good way to explore the possibilities of this RedTag feature.  I have some ideas floating around (perhaps a revolving 'bandit' tag that gets passed on whenever a player-kill takes place... Similar to our tag system?) but we will need to learn the rules of RedTag before we can discuss seriously.

#8 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:22 AM

Scratches head...
So somebody is going to pay to be a walking PK target?
Or are other players going to pay to make another player a PK target?

The former is cool by me, but the latter is well retarded.

#9 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2424 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

View Postebattleon, on 08 June 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

Scratches head...
So somebody is going to pay to be a walking PK target?
Or are other players going to pay to make another player a PK target?

The former is cool by me, but the latter is well retarded.
The latter only happens if the target wants to be the target, usually would only happen if the target can't pay for themselves and it's friends helping cover the fee.

#10 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

I volunteer as tribute!
Same but not paying.

I will need 30min head-up so i can change my build if this is happening and i get redtag otherwise i will change to harvester/mixer build for the month

#11 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1091 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:42 PM

have fun

#12 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:21 PM

Just to clarify...

I have made a 50 platinum donation towards this "event" (I still see it more as a fundraiser).  I have asked L to switch over my status to RedTag as soon as the community matches my donation (another 50 plats). This doesn't have to be all from one player, it can be over long span of time and collectively from many players. This is irrelevant of whether or not someone else wants to volunteer to be a RedTag, but if we are raising 100 platinum coins total, why not elect another RedTag player!

I suggest someone volunteers to hold the platinum coins as donations come in, as this will make the 50 platinum "goal" more likely to be reached.

#13 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2424 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostDueCE, on 11 June 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Just to clarify...

I have made a 50 platinum donation towards this "event" (I still see it more as a fundraiser).  I have asked L to switch over my status to RedTag as soon as the community matches my donation (another 50 plats). This doesn't have to be all from one player, it can be over long span of time and collectively from many players. This is irrelevant of whether or not someone else wants to volunteer to be a RedTag, but if we are raising 100 platinum coins total, why not elect another RedTag player!

I suggest someone volunteers to hold the platinum coins as donations come in, as this will make the 50 platinum "goal" more likely to be reached.
I confirm that Duece has made a 50 plat deposit for this.

#14 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

Tbh, I'd be happy to be red tagged for a day. I'll put 5 plats towards it. I just give that as an option.

#15 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2424 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

View Postbutler, on 11 June 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

Tbh, I'd be happy to be red tagged for a day. I'll put 5 plats towards it. I just give that as an option.
The RedTag event I offered was open to anyone that can coordinate their fee,

For those that don't lie the fee, please don't complain about it, this about for these restrictions isn't the long term idea, and there are reasons I won't post as to why it was selected for such an experiment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users