•  

Poll: Track down what happened to Sephiroth's items in TD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Release information related to Sephiroth's items? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Should OL make a one time exception and release the pertinent information as to what happened to Sephiroth's items?

1. Yes (10 votes [58.82%])

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

2. No (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

The question has come up and a Poll has been paid for to make public the information as to what happened to Sephiroth's items when he was fighting in TD. Since it is not the Policy to do that normally, this Poll is to make a one time exception for the information from the server logs to be used to identify if they broke, poofed, taken by another player, or any other thing that could have happened to them.

Note: this was a paid for Poll

#2 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

voted yes and should be incorporated as a game feature for 1 plat

#3 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:19 PM

I'm guessing as there is no sponsored line, this was a $5 private poll.

I'd like to have confirmation of what happened, but I'm not entirely sure about doing it this way. I'd prefer if the person was honest enough to fess up to it. I mean, all the crap people give et_alors, at least he admitted to bjing you.

I'm not voting for the time being.

View Postohmygod, on 08 June 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

voted yes and should be incorporated as a game feature for 1 plat

just make it straight up illegal if you want that much involvement tbh

#4 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Can I get clarification on a few things, for the sake of my vote?

View PostLearner, on 08 June 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

The question has come up and a Poll has been paid for to make public the information as to what happened to Sephiroth's items when he was fighting in TD. Since it is not the Policy to do that normally, <snip>

What is the normal policy/where can I find this on the forums? "Invasion Rules" "PK Map Rules" "Policy" doesn't find what I'm looking for.

<snip>
this Poll is to make a one time exception for the information from the server logs to be used to identify if they broke, poofed, taken by another player, or any other thing that could have happened to them.

So I read this as: this poll will reveal what happened - e.g. "Someone took the items". Will there be another poll to find out who that person is or will this be part of the same poll if it is the case?

#5 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostPandemiC, on 08 June 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

Can I get clarification on a few things, for the sake of my vote?

The question has come up and a Poll has been paid for to make public the information as to what happened to Sephiroth's items when he was fighting in TD. Since it is not the Policy to do that normally, <snip>

What is the normal policy/where can I find this on the forums? "Invasion Rules" "PK Map Rules" "Policy" doesn't find what I'm looking for.

<snip>
this Poll is to make a one time exception for the information from the server logs to be used to identify if they broke, poofed, taken by another player, or any other thing that could have happened to them.

So I read this as: this poll will reveal what happened - e.g. "Someone took the items". Will there be another poll to find out who that person is or will this be part of the same poll?
If it appears that the items were taken by a player, that would be in the details of the information released, since that falls under releasing the information about what happened.

The reason I say Policy is because I consider this sort of information privileged, just like I make an effort not to reveal alts. Name changes became Public Information via a Poll as well as even allowing them.

#6 SimAnt

SimAnt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:46 PM

Preferably the best course of action here would be if someone did take the bag to admit it and apologize and make reparations before the poll actually closes.

#7 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

View Postbutler, on 08 June 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

Same way botting should be made illegal imo.

#8 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

Note: this was a paid for Poll

Everyone has the right to face their accuser Posted Image

Really though, I disagree with people BJing from a team mates bag(yes, even Sephiroth isnt MVP, but he was in our TEAM in TD)

I gave the lost items back because its mostly me invasioning with these people and i dont want the name of team bag jumper on my head.

Never wanted it to come to forums, or a poll.

But since we're here... let the vote go on

#9 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:22 AM

The poll is nice and everything but I think we need to ask a more fundamental question...should the ability to bag jump something we want in OL?

#10 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:25 AM

View Postebattleon, on 09 June 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

The poll is nice and everything but I think we need to ask a more fundamental question...should the ability to bag jump something we want in OL?
If BJ is removed that is a complex discussion including PvP as well asd the cost of death. Along with what happens when two DB's occupy the same space.

That should be a thread of it's own and there may be one already.

#11 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:39 AM

Bag jumping should always be possible. Just like PK

I just dislike invasion teams being ruined by one person.

Look at stats for TD #event, whole team disbanded after that

Ruined a potentially GREAT invasion

#12 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

View Postohmygod, on 08 June 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

View Postbutler, on 08 June 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

Same way botting should be made illegal imo.

eh, macroing fundamentally breaks the game balance, in similar way to pay 2 win, just without the devs getting any cash from it, whilst still disadvantaging the majority of players.

bjing is just being a dick. And occassionally, a bit of chaos. tbh, i didn't mind it so much with ets/fire, they were up front about it, pretty well. Some people like to play the villain, such as blackbeard did in EL. Don't like that playstyle, but it's a playstyle. I just disliked that someone did it without the being straight faced about doing it, whilst working on an inva. I put it in the same camp as PKing someone on a weekend in TD inva- you are disrupting the team invasion.

Pretty much had the same consequences as last time someone jumped on an inva team. It just breaks up a fun invasion, and makes a lot of that team not up to the fight any longer.

On a note: 3 members of MVP gave replacements to Sephiroth for the taken items. That is just a small disclaimer, and the people that did that can say if they did or not if they want to.

#13 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

I've always seen bag jumping as part of the game.  I don't think its fair to start revealing who takes items, simply because we have the ability to track that info now.  etlors was a dick, but his outlawish acts still contribute in making a well rounded community.

If the vote is passed, there should definitely be a note about this in the game login messages, "BJers will be subject to public humiliation now!"

Seriously, wtf is happening to our 'community'.  this thread is a joke & a waste of space

D

#14 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

No. Others have had theirs taken, why should this occasion be any different. BJ'rs are a part of the game. Beware at all times, and you may be more cautious of who you are with. As mentioned before, Etlors.

#15 Aine

Aine

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostSimAnt, on 08 June 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

Preferably the best course of action here would be if someone did take the bag to admit it and apologize and make reparations before the poll actually closes.

I would like to say that this has been done and the matter been resolved internally within the guild. The incident that occurred in TD was a reaction to one of 42’s members going on for days about pking during invasion that weekend, as well as previous incidents. As a result of all of this a player viewed it as opening the door for an anything goes PK map invasion like in the past. The items have been replaced and given back to Sephiroth x3. We are a guild which allows PK, and members of our guild may attack others even during an invasion, unless the parties form a team through written communication. But we do not allow bag jumping in any map at any time.

If we want to continue this issue further I suggest we start with establishing clear community rules for invasions, like here https://www.other-life.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1679-treaty-on-pk-during-invasions/page__hl__treaty .

#16 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Unless the victim in this case feels this has not been resolved at the request of the original person that paid for this Poll, I am now locking this thread and treating it as resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users