• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

View PostDueCE, on 12 June 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

You remain the only player in-game that I do not have on my counters in red.  *bows*

edit - come PK me during RedTag event :>

I don’t have a char, even if I did I wouldn’t come. Because I don’t want people to figure out how the rekt mages. :D  You know I have ways to make you diss. :D

I may be silently watch you kill people with my alt tho. :D

Also, pm me via forums I got some news for you.

#22 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:28 AM

@Eats come up with something new rather than the same boring crap. Opportunity here to make OL pvp fun go with that instead. Sadly I have a feeling we stuck with same EL game mechanics and attitudes for pve and pvp and in game items for a few half decades yet.

@kaddy long drama-ish story you dont want to hear. But I kinda think old EL scam in its making with a lure to the spawn by another MVP member whom i thought was a cool fellow until now..turns out he was a dick in disguise.

@Deuce - resistance based on magic level is cool with me. OA was only a suggestion to get the idea out there. PS OA is what determines how many perk points players will get so i used that in this topic.

@Learner dont let the ingredients for the cake go stale cause no matter how well it is baked it might still taste like crap. Maybe make a shit load of cup cakes instead?

#23 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1392 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostDueCE, on 12 June 2018 - 12:45 AM, said:

You remain the only player in-game that I do not have on my counters in red.  *bows*

edit - come PK me during RedTag event :>
You don't have me... yet. You're still high on my list of people who could probably kill me.

Also just saw the 6 second thing. 6 seconds is a lot of time to react. Very easy to dis/tele in that time, even cast a few defensive spells.

View Postohmygod, on 12 June 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

@Eats come up with something new rather than the same boring crap. Opportunity here to make OL pvp fun go with that instead. Sadly I have a feeling we stuck with same EL game mechanics and attitudes for pve and pvp and in game items for a few half decades yet.
New items are preferable, but don't just toss out of hand items that were fairly useless in EL that can be tweaked to be an interesting dynamic in OL. NMT dominated cloaks in EL, BP/Mirror i saw some of with the occasional person using No More Warlock (only person i can recall was CherUT, but i know some others). We got an oppurtunity to make dud items good here, as well as add in new cloaks, such as Life Steal, etc.

What made early EL PK good was the number of different items you needed to float between to kill people, and the number of counters you could do.

@kaddy long drama-ish story you dont want to hear. But I kinda think old EL scam in its making with a lure to the spawn by another MVP member whom i thought was a cool fellow until now..turns out he was a dick in disguise.
DueCE killed him again, and he believes someone snitched his position.

I personally respect those like Abra and Kin who pretty much don't give a shit about dying. Amazing respect for Abra from KF a couple nights ago, and Kinreth for attitude after being killed on cyc spawn. Sure there are many more who don't get this uptight when they are killed. (I'm currently running 1:5 Win:lose in pk so :P)

@Deuce - resistance based on magic level is cool with me. OA was only a suggestion to get the idea out there. PS OA is what determines how many perk points players will get so i used that in this topic.
Tbh, we have toughness/reaction for defense, wouldn't adding protection from magic to mag def or another x attri kind of make sense. Do think some small latent immunity should be built up with magic level, I'd even be tempted to make that impact a small amount on summons, as they are a magical creation.

Also interesting, as these musings could be extended to range somewhat later.

@Learner dont let the ingredients for the cake go stale cause no matter how well it is baked it might still taste like crap. Maybe make a shit load of cup cakes instead?
L is slow on updates, but kind of saying go for quantity over quality, you might as well go live in EL. More you throw into game the quicker from one dev, the less will be balanced, the more issues will come, and I'm sure people like DueCE and Kaddy are clever enough to use any of those quickly made cupcakes into easier ways to kill you.

#24 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

you might as well go live in EL.
You do seem to try and encourage me to leave the game a lot cupcake.

#25 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:23 AM

View Postohmygod, on 12 June 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Yet I've seen nothing from you to help develop the game, or even an effort to help, other than playing the game itself, and supporting by buying plats. Before your points are valid about using EL items (which is mainly our only option until someone is creative enough to make new items. I have ideas, long thought out ideas prior that weren't approved, or had enough discussions... See https://www.other-li...-subcategories/, also my character guide.... Just keep shutting down ideas... Or you can come up with some to help! Posted Image

you might as well go live in EL.
You do seem to try and encourage me to leave the game a lot cupcake.
Well it would be a lot less drama... Not that you should leave, but maybe be less dramatic over game mechanics? lol.

#26 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

butler, on 12 June 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

More you throw into game the quicker from one dev, the less will be balanced, the more issues will come, and I'm sure people like DueCE and Kaddy are clever enough to use any of those quickly made cupcakes into easier ways to kill you.

I felt great reading this post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloak, new, whynot, changes, mooore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users