Increasing, or removing max harvest exp/hour

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:20 AM

Hey, so I am wondering why it is only possible for 120 harvests give EXP per hour? Any other skill you gain gain much more by minute/second in an hour, than you can currently from harvesting for 12 hours. Why should it be so low? I'd just like to know if it can at the least be allowed more harvests, or just be removed completely...
Reply with comments, thoughts, etc...

~Eats

#2 AlddrA

AlddrA

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

You harvest to gather ingredients to mix. Your experience comes more from mixing your harvested product. In my opinion, it is just fine the way it is.

#3 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:44 AM

View PostAlddrA, on 19 June 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

You harvest to gather ingredients to mix. Your experience comes more from mixing your harvested product. In my opinion, it is just fine the way it is.

Unless you are just a harvester to sell ings to others. Then your EXP is harmed greatly. You do realize, to EVER max harvesting, it will take a full 25 years, getting max EXP a day, so all 120 harvests, 24 hours a day, on the highest resource, and the rationality maxed out? It should never take that long to get 105 levels. That is 1/4 of your IRL life spent harvesting...

#4 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 19 June 2018 - 04:44 AM, said:

View PostAlddrA, on 19 June 2018 - 04:40 AM, said:

You do realize, to EVER max harvesting, it will take a full 25 years, getting max EXP a day, so all 120 harvests, 24 hours a day

Good thing ur still young init

#5 PandemiC

PandemiC

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:38 AM

I actually have to agree with Eats; the limit doesn't make sense IMHO. Not everyone wants to play 12+ hours a day, and if the only thing they do is harvest when they log then why should they be impeded.

I would suggest then some kind of middle ground. What about 'accruing' harvest hours, up to a cap of say 6 hours?

EDIT: I would probably add a small caveat that you would have to be logged on, in a similar fashion to now, to accrue those hours.

#6 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

View PostPandemiC, on 19 June 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

I actually have to agree with Eats; the limit doesn't make sense IMHO. Not everyone wants to play 12+ hours a day, and if the only thing they do is harvest when they log then why should they be impeded.

I would suggest then some kind of middle ground. What about 'accruing' harvest hours, up to a cap of say 6 hours?

EDIT: I would probably add a small caveat that you would have to be logged on, in a similar fashion to now, to accrue those hours.

That or perhaps, a harvest EXP cap a day, even though the cap doesn't make sense at all to me. Something that can be achieved in a "day's worth of harvests", but not super limiting.

#7 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

I think instead of increasing the max xp/hour there should be something more into harvesting. For example: every 10 levels of harvesting you get a slight increase of finding rare stones/bags of gold/rings w/e and small decrease towards bad events such as getting sting by a bee or pissing off mother nature, etc..

I know there's probably goin to be a perk for this but in my opinion no one except pure harvesters will use it because its almost useless, the % of it are complete garbage and the worth of an perk point is too high especially when u can have max 10 perk points.

Anyway, try to suggest some changes towards harvesting this was just my opinion.

#8 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:11 AM

Pure Harvesting:

Excavator
(cannot combine with excavator cloak)
(This is a reduction in MN damage and an increase in gold/XP bonus/stone finding events..number of total events does not change..just shifts the mean from good/bad 50/50 to 60/40, 70/30, 90/10).
Excavator 1 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 100%,  10% shift towards good harvesting events. +10% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 2 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 120%,  20% shift towards good harvesting events. +20% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 3 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 130%,  30% shift towards good harvesting events. +30% food usage while harvesting

Tbh, if you are a harvester/mixer only, then spending your perk points into this IS worth it..

I would say just increase it up to like 160 harvests max, even thats sounding quite high to me. But then again I dont really do enough harvesting to know how annoying it is.

#9 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostWarlock, on 19 June 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Tbh, if you are a harvester/mixer only, then spending your perk points into this IS worth it..

As I said, no one except pure harvesters would use such perk. The thing is there's like 2 pure harvesters? Maybe only 1 ? :D
Anyway I don't think harvesting is rewarding enough as fighting or mixing. I mean while fighting you have quite nice chance of getting rare stuff, same with mixing, but while harvesting you're mainly getting mother nature pissed and sometimes u get lucky a get a stone ( didn't get a stone in a long ass time :D ). That's why I think there could be some adjustments made. Maybe making harvester medallions actually useful could work aswell, but imo the perk is pretty useless.

#10 Warlock

Warlock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

I worded wrong rly, i think the only pure harv/mixer i the game is Bat17 but yeah.. even spending 1 perk point for first tier is a great increase, well worth it... I even thnk those numbers need to be rethought and lowered

#11 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostWarlock, on 19 June 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Pure Harvesting:

Excavator
(cannot combine with excavator cloak)
(This is a reduction in MN damage and an increase in gold/XP bonus/stone finding events..number of total events does not change..just shifts the mean from good/bad 50/50 to 60/40, 70/30, 90/10).
Excavator 1 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 100%,  10% shift towards good harvesting events. +10% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 2 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 120%,  20% shift towards good harvesting events. +20% food usage while harvesting
Excavator 3 - 1 pp - Increase harvest speed by 130%,  30% shift towards good harvesting events. +30% food usage while harvesting

I would say just increase it up to like 160 harvests max, even thats sounding quite high to me. But then again I dont really do enough harvesting to know how annoying it is.

That perk basically replaces exca cape and harvester medallions. It's a beast.

I believe the original idea was that you could, quite easily and quickly level harvest if you harvest constantly, in some cases, quicker than most other skills. It's still possible to get quite high harv levels if you do a harv hour.

That's also a beast of a perk just for mixing. Combine this with batch mixing, and suddenly both your acquisition of raw ings and your ability to convert to exp and product is greatly increased. I know there are multiple people looking at it. It's also one of those perks that will be hitting high end craftables hard.

#12 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

Batch mixing is very questionable and probably unlikely to happen to the game imo, it's way to powerful and there's not that much of a use for it really. Only things that could get touched by it atm are empty vials, health essences, spirit/matter/energy/air/earth essences, all bars (very small batch ammounts and for it to work preoperly you would have to mix in TD or have boner eater perk to make it actually productive otherwise you're just saving clicks) and similar items that don't consume that much food nor weight.

I think batch mixing should be available only from certain level of skill and should be made as a game feature instead of a perk, numbers would be greatly reduced of course. Such as 2-10 items at a time.

My bad guys I wasn't using my brain few minutes ago and somehow overlooked the "increase by" 100%, anyway in this case the perk is good and seems reasonable maybe would nerf it to 25% shift towards good harv events at third rank 15% at second and 10% at first.

#13 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

I think Eats is right why is Harvesters being penalized for playing how want to play. An attempt should be made to ensure that the rate of exp earned by harvesting is in line with other player roles to be fair, cause harvesting at the moment  is way below the rest.

#14 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2639 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:02 PM

Don't forget that other skills have many things that helps restrict how much you can do them while harvest is just click & wait. You do have harvest events that can slow you down a little bit, but that's not significant.

Stuff like that needs to be taken into account when discussing the limits.

#15 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

I think you could afford to put it up to 140 like dedicated harvester, but i kind of agree with L on this one. Harvesting uncapped would be an extremely easy thing to level. Only reason everyone isn't super high level is because of a cap (I wonder what percentage of things you've harved you got exp for, I'm pretty sure mine would be considerably higher solely on quartz even with a small increase in cap)

#16 Rabbitman

Rabbitman

That Mod Guy

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

The biggest unbalance from uncapping the number of harvests is items like flowers which take very little time to harvest. Items which are much slower to harvest give more xp but the increase in xp is not proportional to the increase in time. I propose we uncap the number of harvests per hour (or raise it to like 1k+) and adjust the xp/harvest equation to better line up with the difficulty of the item to harvest. The xp/harvest equation can be scaled so the more difficult the harvest it is, the better xp/hour it will give.

RM

#17 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

I agree that it should not be uncapped; harvesting doesn't have the unavoidable down time of say running out of mats, or waiting for a critter to respawn/chasing it down.

Another idea that might be too out there is that harvestables that require some tool or item to harvest could get an increase that scales on the tool/item needed. So Seridium could get a larger increase in exp than say coal, and coal would get a larger increase than any harvestable that doesn't required a tool.

Just throwing more ideas out there since we are still in the brainstorming phase it looks like.

#18 butler

butler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

I'd kind of combine the scaling changes from ach and wb tbh, but I do think some cap below 200 is still kind of needed. It's very easy to level (I've gotten very easily into the 40s-50s just on fruit/sulphur with alts afk harving whilst proper playing on my main char).

Also that exca perk is increasing harv times per tick rather than doubling resources gotten. That would make an uncapped one a hell of a good way to speedily get harv up

#19 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

I don’t understand why you want to make a game harder, it’s a game... Forcing people to grind is what kills EL and OL and OL has no end game content.

Uncap it, make people level harv easy. What would it harm? Nothing really.

#20 CoduX

CoduX

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1166 posts
  • LocationLand Down Under

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

Have to agree with Kaddy here.

Yeah nah nah yeah nah, the 120 harvest p/h was put into place because some people put macro's on overnight to get heaps of experience. But here the exp curve is way fuckin harder so even if you uncap it, would still take years to reach the max level.

I'm probably going to stop adding in my 2 cents worth after this post as 98% of good and decent ideas are discussed but ignored and that's just it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users