• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2639 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

The cap has been in place as long as I've been here, and was original 120 harvests and the harvester cloak let you harvest up to 140 for exp, but no double qty. The cap was changed at the same time as all the cloaks were redone including the current harvester cloak & double harvest. At that time harvesting was also one click one harvest instead of click and wait.

#22 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

I was going to get some data around harvesting and how long it would take to max out exp given a few of these suggestions (under certain baseline assumptions of course).

I've recently wrapped up verifying base exp values (e.g. Not including any god/rat bonuses) for spells and a vast majority of mixable items for the encyc so after I update that with needed changes, I did want to start to look into this.

Unless someone already has started, then I would like to assist.

#23 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

I can see rationality being an issue with the proposed change.  A player with 50 rationality gets +50 xp per action, if I can recall (someone feel free to correct me).  So say the base xp for white lilac is +25, a full-rationality player receives +75 per harvest... a 300% increase!  Hasn't been an issue so far with the harvest xp cap... But certainly something to consider if removing the cap all together.  I will pick 10k flowers in a couple hours with ease... Which would translate to 750k (if using the example of white Lily's) Xp for being relatively afk!  Harv xp probably should not deliver more OA xp/hr than other mixing skills (or even fighting..)

I'd personally like to see the "increased xp" perk of rationality reviewed such that it provides additional xp as a percentage rather than a "flat" +50 xp per action.  This would result in LESS bonus xp for things like picking flowers, but more xp for things that reward large amounts of xp

Also, on topic... I am not opposed to the idea of increasing/removing the max harvest p/hour, but I know some people who pride their massive harvest level and have already achieved level 75+ with the 120 p/hr cap.  Would be interesting to see some results from the tests mentioned by WB

#24 WaterBottle

WaterBottle

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostDueCE, on 22 June 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

I can see rationality being an issue with the proposed change.  A player with 50 rationality gets +50 xp per action, if I can recall (someone feel free to correct me).

For harvesting, you are correct in that +1 point in rationality appears to be +1 additional harvesting exp.

For completeness: Alchemy, Crafting, Magic, Manu, and Summoning, the exp bonus appears to be +(rationality/2), rounded down

Fun fact/reminder: If the above is indeed correct, then god bonuses are applied after the base exp and rationality bonus.
Edit: In equation form: Total exp would be (Base exp + rat bonus) * God bonus.

Edited by WaterBottle, 22 June 2018 - 09:44 AM.

#25 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2639 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Plus don't forget this isn't only about Harvest Exp, but also OA as well so excessive harv exp could be used to affect other skills due to PP & Perks.

One additional idea is to lower the Exp after you have passed the rec level (reduction AFTER Rat bonus). so that would force more people to harvest high level items they want when going for exp, and the low level stuff when they want the items.

Don't forget that the main reason for Harvest is to help provide Ing for other skills.

Extreme case ... Harvest not add to OA? I might get lynched for that thought!

Also, Whats the purpose in reaching an uber high harvest quickly? What does it get you other then OA? Keep in mind that without trying to maximize harv exp I'm Harv 91, and tht mostly from half hearted afk harvesting, and not even trying to maximize the exp

#26 ebattleon

ebattleon

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:19 AM

"One additional idea is to lower the Exp after you have passed the rec level (reduction AFTER Rat bonus). so that would force more people to harvest high level items they want when going for exp, and the low level stuff when they want the items."

^ This I think is the most reasonable suggestion thus far.

Another way is keep the first 120 as a bonus, and the pull the effects of rationality and gods after 120 units are harvested.

#27 Kurama

Kurama

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:07 AM

Extreme case ... Harvest not add to OA? I might get lynched for that thought!

Harvesting is not rewarding at all so, if this would happen you would have to come up with some ideas about how to change harvesting all together so it's at least somehwhat useful after 40 harvesting you dont really care that much cuz almost everything harvs quite quickly.

#28 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:42 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say lower EXP from over recommended level, but if you do, cap it at a low, like how lower monsters give max 20 exp per, have something that gives i.e. 8 EXP a harv, lower that to 2 or 4. 50-75% EXP gone progressively after recommended levels. Also, DueCE.

View PostDueCE, on 22 June 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

I can see rationality being an issue with the proposed change.  A player with 50 rationality gets +50 xp per action, if I can recall (someone feel free to correct me).  So say the base xp for white lilac is +25, a full-rationality player receives +75 per harvest... a 300% increase!  Hasn't been an issue so far with the harvest xp cap... But certainly something to consider if removing the cap all together.  I will pick 10k flowers in a couple hours with ease... Which would translate to 750k (if using the example of white Lily's) Xp for being relatively afk!  Harv xp probably should not deliver more OA xp/hr than other mixing skills (or even fighting..)

I'd personally like to see the "increased xp" perk of rationality reviewed such that it provides additional xp as a percentage rather than a "flat" +50 xp per action.  This would result in LESS bonus xp for things like picking flowers, but more xp for things that reward large amounts of xp

Also, on topic... I am not opposed to the idea of increasing/removing the max harvest p/hour, but I know some people who pride their massive harvest level and have already achieved level 75+ with the 120 p/hr cap.  Would be interesting to see some results from the tests mentioned by WB

I haven't timed exactly, but going from a rough estimate of 1 flower per second, or .7 seconds or whatever it is. (Using 1 sec for example) on Red Rose, you can max get 58/hit. So that can total out to 208800 EXP/hour on those. It isn't too OP, as any other skill can get 500k+ an hour with all that rationality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users