30 replies to this topic

#21 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 23 June 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

A minor tweak that I am sure many players would like, but is not required by all means would be that the Tailoring, and Engineering stats/levels ould be removed from the quick bar, and the statistics page (ctrl+a). Not sure how doable that is without messing something up, but it could be something to consider while they remain removed from the game. Why have stats that aren't in game? Posted Image
Keep up the good work Bluap! It is great!

~Eats
Try editing languages\en\strings\stats.xml and removing the text without removing the xml for those entries and let me know if they leave blanks or vanish totally.

#22 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

View PostLearner, on 24 June 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

A minor tweak that I am sure many players would like, but is not required by all means would be that the Tailoring, and Engineering stats/levels ould be removed from the quick bar, and the statistics page (ctrl+a). Not sure how doable that is without messing something up, but it could be something to consider while they remain removed from the game. Why have stats that aren't in game? Posted Image

~Eats
Try editing languages\en\strings\stats.xml and removing the text without removing the xml for those entries and let me know if they leave blanks or vanish totally.

Sadly, none of that worked. It didn't even change the test or shorthand (even with completely removing the XML position on a final attempt), I am thinking it is within the client, or some reason the client refuses to read my XML file, and uses the original somehow. I think it may be client-side, and not file side.

#23 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostEatsAllLife, on 25 June 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

~Eats

Sadly, none of that worked. It didn't even change the test or shorthand (even with completely removing the XML position on a final attempt), I am thinking it is within the client, or some reason the client refuses to read my XML file, and uses the original somehow. I think it may be client-side, and not file side.
I my tests I found I could replace a different string, but not totally remove it. The 'best' result was to replace them with a space. The moment you make it totally black or remove it totally then maybe a the client switches to a in eternal default.

#24 EatsAllLife

EatsAllLife

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

View PostLearner, on 25 June 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

View PostEatsAllLife, on 25 June 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

~Eats

I my tests I found I could replace a different string, but not totally remove it. The 'best' result was to replace them with a space. The moment you make it totally black or remove it totally then maybe a the client switches to a in eternal default.

That could very well be. With that in place, how 'hard' would it be to just remove them from the client itself, as they don't exist, we could use that extra space for quickbar slots, spells, etc. (without sacrificing skills space).

#25 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

Can we also increase the max amount of skills you can have shown at the bottom of your screen? caps out at 5. Would be nice for people with bigger monitors

#26 bluap

bluap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostWarlock, on 28 June 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Can we also increase the max amount of skills you can have shown at the bottom of your screen? caps out at 5. Would be nice for people with bigger monitors
It can be increased but the el.cfg structure would have to be modified so all the settings in everyone's el.fg file will get reset to the defaults.  I forgot, I changed it so adding additional parameters at the end of the structure can be done while keeping previous settings.  If this change is wanted, I think it can be done.

#27 bluap

bluap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:36 AM

All the build links posted at the top of this thread have been updated to the 1.9.5p2 build. The update is mostly minor fixes since p1 except for a fix for a crash on exit (after files had been saved) if there was an active sound associated with a player.  This happened even if you had sound disabled, it was repeatable on Windows but not on Linux.

#28 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

Have some problems with install

Posted Image

#29 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

nvm works now

#30 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:45 AM

For those that aren't paying attention, the newest versions is 1.9.5p2 which has bug fixes over earlier versions of the update. The Download page is going to be updated with links to this version shortly. Unfortunately I don't have one for the Mac yet :(

#31 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2461 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 10:16 AM

Mac version for Mac players to test out is available at http://www.other-lif...L-MAC-1.9.5.zip

Initial testing by one MAC user is showing positive results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users