• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

With work done by Bluap to correct in issue with spell/buff timers he also found that one EL spell was missing. After doing checking I did identify that the code needed for the OldMagic system to use it was already in the server, but not Defined there.

A quick test on the Test Server after updating the servers Spell.def file did activate it and it appears to be working properly, but more testing is needed.

One change from EL so far ... it ca NOT be cast while in Melee/Combat. Another suggested change has been to increase the Ess used a little.

Thoughts, feedback, discussion ....

#2 Warlock

Warlock

• PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationLuton-London

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

Currently the spell goes by 20+MagLevel/3, rationality isnt a factor. From my quick tests last night it looks like it heals up to 4 players, in a 7x7 radius.

And if im not mistaken, if theres more than 4 players in that radius, the server will choose which ones get healed, and that wont change unless people exit the radius and new ones enter.

#3 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostWarlock, on 24 June 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Currently the spell goes by 20+MagLevel/3, rationality isnt a factor. From my quick tests last night it looks like it heals up to 4 players, in a 7x7 radius.

And if im not mistaken, if theres more than 4 players in that radius, the server will choose which ones get healed, and that wont change unless people exit the radius and new ones enter.
The server will skip over players at full health so which players can change with multiple heals, but the order it processes players in the 7x7 area stays the same. That means it's possible the caster may not get healed, and distance from the caster isn't a factor as long as you are with 7x7.

(7x7 is used to keep things simple and remind people it's a square not a circle, 7 steps in any direction from the caster, so technically 15x15 square is more accurate)

#4 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

At this time, essence requirements are now:

4 HE
3 ME

#5 DueCE

DueCE

Test IM

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

Seems like a great spell and nice addition to the healer's arsenal.  This spell seems like a great counter to the Irish lightning (gelatin bones) we fought last weekend, or other mobs alike that do damage to multiple players simultaneously.  

Without having ever actually using the spell (in EL or on test server), I can offer a couple suggestions

-Heal Allies spell equation should consider rationality (and eventually, magic-def); with current equation, everyone's HA will be more or less the same strength.. Therefore nullifying the need to build a support char
-For the proposed cost of 4HE/3ME (which seems fair to me), I envision HA healing power to be comparable, but not as quite as powerful as remote heal.  I view the spell as a supplement to other forms of healing and it should not overtake Remote Heal as the main method of single-target support-healing
-Spell should also heal members from allied guilds, and party members down the line
-If there's no way to "pick" the 4 targets healed (I.e prioritize teammates that have the lowest health), then I suggest raising this "max" to 5 or 6 players, otherwise people may avoid using this spell if there's any chance that the intended targets of the heal will be "missed"
-7x7 seems fair; as a hybrid healer/ranger I know that I am almost always within 7 tiles of my teammates.  Further testing needed on MAIN server (very hard to coordinate team events on test server) with this spell to be able to confirm this

*ive always wanted a sort of "last resort heal" type spell that is 1. very expensive to cast, 2. Very powerful, 3. Hits all allies within a LARGE radius (15x15?).. Basically a Heal Allies spell on steroids.  But for the time being, I think we can hold off on this extreme.. Curious to hear other people's opinions on what they think this spell should look like on the battlefield

#6 Learner

Learner

God

• Administrators
  • 2451 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Keep in mind that for the spell itself, at this time I'm just using the code from EL that was gathering dust, that as a side effect gained to ability to be limited to NoCombat only because of the previous work in NewMagic that's already affecting the OldMagic. No code changes were required in the Server to get this working as it is.

http://www.el-wiki.n...al_Allies_Spell

Keep in mind that with 20 + (MagLevel/3) it can do 50 pts for a Mag 90 char, on up to 4 players. That's a possible total of 200 health healed remotely by a single spell by one mage. And if multiple mages overlap that is a lot of possible healing group a group effort. If a player isn't hurt, it skips over that players and checks for more in the radius. Also note that it's EP needed is lower they you might expect for a spell of this power, even lower then Restoration by a point.

WL got a group together on test an confirmed it was acting as a 7 step radius, I was just trying to clarify that it's a full square centered on the Mage, not a circle.

#7 Kaddy

Kaddy

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

lol at magic 90, your imaginary comments because you are not playing your game. Max magic is around 60s now and noone is going to bother for more levels coz 60s alone is goddamn hard and expensive to train with so little improvement.

It is not like sitting your ass afk and gaining exp like you got to 90+ afk harv level.

#8 ohmygod

ohmygod

• PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:00 AM

It is all for themselves when a horde rolls over the team and everyone including the mage is taking damage this to me is the best time for group heals to be used and because of this I would like to see it be able to be cast while in combat. Yes we can keep this in place and restrict it to the mage/healer use when in invis, but that kinda sucks imo.

If removed i envisage the team survival strategy in this situation would be to stay close packed together when this happens, to receive the benefit of the group heals being cast by anyone in the team (including the mage who normally would be focused on staying alive themselves in this very common situation in OL and the main cause of team wipes when clearing horde from boss) provided they have the mana, ess and required spell level to cast it.

As kaddy suggests level 90 magic level for a 50 heal is not that achievable so group heals being cast by different members of the team would vary and be only available until thier mana/ess ran out, which might not be long enough to keep the team alive anyway in a horde of rabid fluffies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users